Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Oh no - not another reccie to NS!!

Oh no - not another reccie to NS!!

Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

elaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really nice
Smile Oh no - not another reccie to NS!!

Hi everyone
Yes we've booked our flights for a reccie To NS in September, so I thought I'd ask all you lovely helpful people on here for some recommendations.
We want to stay in the Annapolis valley for a while, as well as Truro and we also want to visit Cape Breton. Any recommendations on places to stay, and places to visit would be much appreciated.
We = myself, hubby and 13yr old son.
Thanks all
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

NovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Oh no - not another reccie to NS!!

Hi Elaine

I hope you are well there have been a few reccies recently so i am sure

someone will be along soon, if not tonight tomorrow with some answers

Its so exciting i can't believe you have booked your flights & will be here in September.

I am sure you will have a wonderful trip

NG x
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Try Peggys Cove, Cabot Trail, Lunenburg.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 5:57 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Elaine,

Hope you have a great trip

Things to do ( we had kids in tow!) and didn't get to do all of these but would like to have done!

Shubenacadie Wildlife Park(really cheap afternoon out, take a picnic!)

Tidal Bore can be seen at Truro, there is also rafting.

Discovery Centre in Halifax.

Whale Watching from Cape Breton area or from Digby in the south I believe

There are also lots of boat trips that go out from Halifax, to Peggy's Cove etc

I know Lynpy stayed at Irwin Lake Chalets in Truro and gave it the Others I know have stayed at the Willow Bend Motel which has been fine.

Not sure about your other area's, but hope this gives you something to add to your list!

p.s, if you have a look on ns tourism website, there is a dreamers and dooers guide??? or something like that which they posted to me and it is full of info re things to do and accomodation etc for all over NS

Last edited by nikki dreaming; Jul 16th 2008 at 6:58 am. Reason: adding a bit
Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:13 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Hi Elaine,

Hope you have a great trip

Things to do ( we had kids in tow!) and didn't get to do all of these but would like to have done!

Shubenacadie Wildlife Park(really cheap afternoon out, take a picnic!)

Tidal Bore can be seen at Truro, there is also rafting.

Discovery Centre in Halifax.

Whale Watching from Cape Breton area or from Digby in the south I believe

There are also lots of boat trips that go out from Halifax, to Peggy's Cove etc

I know Lynpy stayed at Irwin Lake Chalets in Truro and gave it the Others I know have stayed at the Willow Bend Motel which has been fine.

Not sure about your other area's, but hope this gives you something to add to your list!

p.s, if you have a look on ns tourism website, there is a dooers and dreamers guide? or something like that which they posted to me and it is full of info re things to do and accomodation etc for all over NS
Here is a link to the tourism site and the guides you can order

https://novascotia.com/en/home/plana...s/default.aspx