Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Oh FFS just stick to making pasties.

Oh FFS just stick to making pasties.

Old Apr 24th 2014, 2:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oh FFS just stick to making pasties.

Cornwall
I have never had a bad thing to say about your little duchy or county located on the south west coast. I have eaten many of your pasties admired your scenery and generally been treated well and I in turn have respected your little area of England/UK/GB.

So are you now becoming the laughing stock and area to be ridiculed because now you have recognition as a national minority group

Recognition that 'Cornwall is not England'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27138420
Cornish people will be granted minority status under European rules, giving the same protection that other Celtic communities the Scots, Welsh and Irish enjoy.

Loveday Jenkin, the deputy leader of Cornish party Mebyon Kernow, told the BBC Today programme that the rest of the United Kingdom needed to recognise that Cornwall was not just another county of England.

Sorry this is stoopid and unnecessary. So lets all jump on board and start asking for minority group status. Let the scousers be next followed by the geordies and all of the others in the UK. Aren't they just as special?
Just stick to making ****ing pasties
Old Apr 24th 2014, 2:43 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh FFS just stick to making pasties.

So what do I say when people ask me where Cornwall is in future?
Old Apr 24th 2014, 2:48 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
So what do I say when people ask me where Cornwall is in future?
My guess is that, barring a cataclysmic earthquake, in future it will be in the same place that it is now.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 2:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Those Empire Loyalists get rattled easily, eh ?
Old Apr 24th 2014, 3:06 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Should we start having a go at lancastrians for being all about whippets and pints of bitter?

Stereotypes....always so lame. Calm down, calm down eh!
Old Apr 24th 2014, 3:19 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

I went to Cornwall last year. It was lovely.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 3:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Should we start having a go at lancastrians for being all about whippets and pints of bitter?

Stereotypes....always so lame. Calm down, calm down eh!
Think we have more greyhounds than whippets and its pints of mild not bitter and glasses of stout for the women
Old Apr 24th 2014, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Cornwall
I have never had a bad thing to say about your little duchy or county located on the south west coast. I have eaten many of your pasties admired your scenery and generally been treated well and I in turn have respected your little area of England/UK/GB.

So are you now becoming the laughing stock and area to be ridiculed because now you have recognition as a national minority group

Cornish people will be granted minority status under European rules, giving the same protection that other Celtic communities the Scots, Welsh and Irish enjoy.

Loveday Jenkin, the deputy leader of Cornish party Mebyon Kernow, told the BBC Today programme that the rest of the United Kingdom needed to recognise that Cornwall was not just another county of England.

Sorry this is stoopid and unnecessary. So lets all jump on board and start asking for minority group status. Let the scousers be next followed by the geordies and all of the others in the UK. Aren't they just as special?

Wel thats just ridiculous!! This has all came about becuase of this stupid independence for Scotland thing!...i even joked about this the other day...that if Scotland goes for this independence then why not go a stage further and break up England into its former Kingdoms.....

I understand that everyone thinks that the place they are born is the best and should be recognised/get special treatment/government funding etc etc But come on! leave things the way they are the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland!

I should have known that this ruling came from Europe! the same bunch that make rules about how curved a banana should be!

Last edited by Paul_Shepherd; Apr 24th 2014 at 4:10 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Donnykins is a jewel in the roughDonnykins is a jewel in the roughDonnykins is a jewel in the roughDonnykins is a jewel in the roughDonnykins is a jewel in the rough

Well...I live in the Shire of York and we are the largest county in England, so therefore move parliament here to Yorkshire and we shall rule Britannia. That'd fettle 'em!
Old Apr 24th 2014, 4:30 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Mick Fleetwood's claim that he’s a proud Cornishman rings a little hollow as there are no mention of pasties in any of Fleetwood Mac’s songs.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Donnykins is a jewel in the roughDonnykins is a jewel in the roughDonnykins is a jewel in the roughDonnykins is a jewel in the roughDonnykins is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Oink
Mick Fleetwood's claim that he’s a proud Cornishman rings a little hollow as there are no mention of pasties in any of Fleetwood Mac’s songs.
What about clotted cream?
Old Apr 24th 2014, 4:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Oink
There again did he have a vision about Scotland when they released
Go Your Own Way?
Old Apr 24th 2014, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Donnykins
What about clotted cream?
Isn't that Devons claim to fame?
Old Apr 24th 2014, 4:42 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Cornwall

It may have a lot to do with getting recognition of the Cornish language than anything else.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Isn't that Devons claim to fame?
Ooh - potential war between Devon and Cornwall over the clotted cream. If they divorce, who gets sole custody of it?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=co...2F%3B500%3B332

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.