Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Occupy Uprising....

The Occupy Uprising....

Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:31 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Occupy Uprising....

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Did anyone pay you for it?

Doesn't it go something like: Nick one person's ideas and it's plagiarism, steal from lots and it's research

I'll get me coat
You may get your coat. But don't go to far. I'd like an apology for that remark.

Sharpish.

<oh and I've never received a penny of pay from any private sector source for any professional service. i.e. I exclude summer jobs when I was a student in the '60s and very early '70s>.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:31 pm
Banned

expatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really nice

Originally Posted by Alan2005
If there's one thing I've learned from BE it's that it's always Bazzz.
Let's not have a witch hunt, we are going off this thread.
Could be a great thread though, in it's own right. Lets not though. Please.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:32 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expatdoris
That is it, pheonix from the flames. I think you click on the username, quite unspectacular. It is not one of the nominations for the booker prize.
One did think of that. No help.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:39 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
But you do have a rather nice pad in Richmond Hill and a second home in France. A member of the downtrodden masses you are not. One might even refer to you as an (academic, tenured) fatcat. Still, Power to the people brothers and all that...
Where the hell did I give the impression that I think myself a member of the down trodden classes, you git? I may express empathy for down trodden rock dwelling corporate lackeys, but I know full well I'm not one of them.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:45 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by expatdoris
That is it, pheonix from the flames. I think you click on the username, quite unspectacular. It is not one of the nominations for the booker prize.
BTW, did you know that pheonix is actually spelled Phoenix? That's why you get a wiggly red line every time you type your version.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:49 pm
Banned

expatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really nice

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
BTW, did you know that pheonix is actually spelled Phoenix? That's why you get a wiggly red line every time you type your version.
D'oh! I change it now, thanks.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

You may get your coat. But don't go to far. I'd like an apology for that remark.

Sharpish.

<oh and I've never received a penny of pay from any private sector source for any professional service. i.e. I exclude summer jobs when I was a student in the '60s and very early '70s>.
Sorry old chap you'll have to clarify what part you require an apology for.

I asked a question, I don't believe you will require an apology for that, but one never knows.

The next couple of lines were plagiarized from what I thought was an old student comment, hence the smiley. If you inferred from that that I believed you have never given full credit to all sources you have used, I apologize, no such implication was intended. I do not doubt for one minute that all of your research was original, or that you gave the appropriate credit.

I also note you have never received any form of renumeration from the private sector. One can only assume that you have been remunerated your entire life by the public one, namely; the taxpayer I apologise in advance if I am incorrect.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:56 pm
Born again atheist

Sorry old chap you'll have to clarify what part you require an apology for.

I asked a question, I don't believe you will require an apology for that, but one never knows.

The next couple of lines were plagiarized from what I thought was an old student comment, hence the smiley. If you inferred from that that I believed you have never given full credit to all sources you have used, I apologize, no such implication was intended. I do not doubt for one minute that all of your research was original, or that you gave the appropriate credit.

I also note you have never received any form of renumeration from the private sector. One can only assume that you have been remunerated your entire life by the public one, namely; the taxpayer I apologise in advance if I am incorrect.
Apology accepted. And your speculation that the ultimate source of research funds and income has been the taxpayer in the several countries in which I've worked is also correct.

I like to think I've been good value.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Apology accepted. And your speculation that the ultimate source of research funds and income has been the taxpayer in the several countries in which I've worked is also correct.

I like to think I've been good value.
That's the end of that then

Now, back to work for me, my wife would like a Merc and I am no good at shit shovelling.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:02 pm
Banned

That's the end of that then

Now, back to work for me, my wife would like a Merc and I am no good at shit shovelling.
Become a Dr or Prof in Chem and buy one. Then get it fixed regularly, because you can afford to.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 1:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

This was in the Calgary Herald today:Occupy Calgary Meeting

It made me chuckle
Old Oct 19th 2011, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I occupied my toilet for 20 mins this morning in solidarity.

You must be a politician cos you must if been full of it !
Old Oct 19th 2011, 4:18 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Good 20 minute podcast on the inequality of wealth on the Guardian website:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/a...stock-exchange
Old Oct 19th 2011, 4:52 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Really.......
Old Oct 19th 2011, 4:56 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

I have a D. Phil. in chemistry and 40 years of internationally recognized research.

I drive a Hyundai Elantra.

Try again.
And am guessing a Nobel Prize too?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.