Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Nova Scotia Reccie (With A Visit To NB)

Wikiposts

Nova Scotia Reccie (With A Visit To NB)

Old Oct 28th 2008, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice
Default Re: Nova Scotia Reccie (With A Visit To NB)

Originally Posted by Glassy
Hi Joyce,

We were going to base ourselves in Tatamagouche for 3 nights and take New Glasgow in as a day trip. Would you suggest we stay in New Glasgow for longer ? Is there quite a lot to take in there ?

Glassy
Hi there,

Re staying in Tatamagouche

As other more notable posters will tell you Tatamagouche is a fantastic place and i would say that also as i live 5 mins away from the village and it is a great place to rest your head and relax whilst doing a reccie of this area however to get anywhere you will have to drive.

Truro 45 mins give or take
Amherst 60 mins give or take
New Glasgow 60 mins give or take ( i do Pictou in 45 mins)
90 mins to the airport give or take
4 hrs to the Canso Causeway + another hour to Baddeck

If you were thinking of big industry local to Tatamagouche then forget it except for the towns above oh and Oxford Frozen foods before i am corrected (45 mins). You do need to be able to turn your hand to anything to survive up here should you make it a home. I also would not like to commute to often in winter to 1 of the above especially in a storm but i guess the same could be said for anywhere.

Personally i would not be anywhere else at the moment but it's not for all and it's certainly not a utopia for all people up here. I would check it out however even if only for a day trip. However we do have quite a few Brits up here so it does pull people in. Infact it pulls people from all over Europe.