Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

nova scotia or british columbia?

nova scotia or british columbia?

Old Mar 14th 2008, 12:22 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: nova scotia or british columbia?

Originally Posted by buggalugs
Can I come for a cuppa? Been in BC for 12 years and its not the right place for us, so we are planning a reccie trip out there in September and if we like it we shall move there. As sans said, each to his/her own.
Buggalugs
No, you misunderstand me.

What I mean is this: how can you/anyone judge two provinces based on the fact that a couple of peeps are leaving BC and a few people harp on enthusiastically about NS ? It's hardly solid objective research, is it ?

I mean, why would someone base their entire relocation based on some interweb meanderings ?

It took us about two years to dial in the relocation research. Thankfully we got it just about right. But it took hundreds of hours of research, questioning and considering. So why do people think they can just strike out on the interweb and find magical relocation genies and mystical emigration gurus who can answer their complex questions in five seconds ? Beats me.

"Yeah, NS will do, some dude said it were OK Doris, so let's give that a try". Plainly, so wrong.

R.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 12:24 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by buggalugs
What about jaffa cakes? Do they sell those in Halifax?
Thinking home made apple pie myself
Old Mar 14th 2008, 12:29 am
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sans
Hi i'm in BC and leaving AmyDavid was in BC and has left
Hey - remember BC is a little larger than Vancouver - I love it up here in Kamloops - best move I ever made.

Summer is starting any time now - Winters have great skiing but summers are long and hot.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 12:32 am
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

You could split the difference and come to Winnipeg.
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_007

What I mean is this: how can you/anyone judge two provinces based on the fact that a couple of peeps are leaving BC and a few people harp on enthusiastically about NS ? It's hardly solid objective research, is it ?

I mean, why would someone base their entire relocation based on some interweb meanderings ?

It took us about two years to dial in the relocation research. Thankfully we got it just about right. But it took hundreds of hours of research, questioning and considering. So why do people think they can just strike out on the interweb and find magical relocation genies and mystical emigration gurus who can answer their complex questions in five seconds ? Beats me.

"Yeah, NS will do, some dude said it were OK Doris, so let's give that a try". Plainly, so wrong.

R.
Oh dear............ Dont think anyone really does that......They just like to sound other people out for idea's. On what they personally think are good and bad points. We all know, its entirely different visiting a place to actually living there, to some of us to are own misfortune.
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rich_007

R.
Just about right eh!

you ended up a little south of perfect - lol

I agree with Rich - it took us two years to really work out where was right for us. Each to their own - it is the same as saying - where is the best place to live in the UK - everyone will answer differently.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 12:35 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by Airseir
Hey - remember BC is a little larger than Vancouver - I love it up here in Kamloops - best move I ever made.

Summer is starting any time now - Winters have great skiing but summers are long and hot.
I'm not in Vancouver
Old Mar 14th 2008, 12:37 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Airseir
...you ended up a little south of perfect - lol
Perfect is a delusional state of mind.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
HALIFAX, HALIFAX! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOo much better! (now sitting back and waiting for everyone to start moaning at me!)
I'm not going to say a word - except you know how I like my coffe now and hope you've got some nice biccies to go with it

Seriously, everyone is so different, it's a case of finding where you are happy more than anything. I laugh reading Poppy2's posts about NZ, because she could be writing about how I feel about NS! Also depends what you want out of life and what's important to you.
The forum can help give you ideas, but at the end of the day, it's about you and your own family.

Last edited by val50; Mar 14th 2008 at 12:42 am.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 1:04 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by val50
I'm not going to say a word - except you know how I like my coffe now and hope you've got some nice biccies to go with it

Seriously, everyone is so different, it's a case of finding where you are happy more than anything. I laugh reading Poppy2's posts about NZ, because she could be writing about how I feel about NS! Also depends what you want out of life and what's important to you.
The forum can help give you ideas, but at the end of the day, it's about you and your own family.
Couldn't agree more Now which biccie you having
Old Mar 14th 2008, 1:06 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by val50

As the Fonz would say "exactamundo"!!
Old Mar 14th 2008, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

JSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant future

Hi there, we just got back from the emigrate show in Sandown , we were doing our bit for Nova Scotia as we love it here after ten years..
we had a questionaire for people to fill in and after the first day we had over fifty .. the first question was "why do you want to leave the UK" over 95 percent of them answered with the same phrase "Quality of LIfe then asked "why do you want to live in Nova Scotia" they all answered
"better quality of life" yes we do have lots of space under a million people in the whole province, we are the nearest flight time to UK and we have mild winters...Maritimers are warm and friendly people and the property prices are one of the lowest in Canada... but if a better quality of life is what you are looking for then come and join us.......
Old Mar 14th 2008, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

Spoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the rough

Blimey, 27 threads already. Whaddaya mean 2 years of research. This took us under 2 hours.

Is the kettle big enough for us too. We'll bring some Cadbury's chocolate over to share and maybe some Marks & Spencer Sandwiches.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 1:46 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by JSHalifax
Hi there, we just got back from the emigrate show in Sandown , we were doing our bit for Nova Scotia as we love it here after ten years..
we had a questionaire for people to fill in and after the first day we had over fifty .. the first question was "why do you want to leave the UK" over 95 percent of them answered with the same phrase "Quality of LIfe then asked "why do you want to live in Nova Scotia" they all answered
"better quality of life" yes we do have lots of space under a million people in the whole province, we are the nearest flight time to UK and we have mild winters...Maritimers are warm and friendly people and the property prices are one of the lowest in Canada... but if a better quality of life is what you are looking for then come and join us.......
When you say mild winters.....how mild are you talking? Keep hearing stories on how cold the winters get!
Old Mar 14th 2008, 1:49 am
Lotus-eater

Originally Posted by sans
When you say mild winters.....how mild are you talking? Keep hearing stories on how cold the winters get!
Well you'll not hear that, or the metres of snow they get. It's all about the rose tinted glasses.

While we Bee-Cee'ers bask in sun and wear our shorts and shades, they're stuck in -12 and three metres of snow.

Ya, it's all about the lifestyle eh ? Priceless.

R.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.