Non dog owners

Old Sep 11th 2009, 11:55 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Non dog owners

The mad person in me says Weimaraner or Vizsla. I used to have a Weimy many years ago and though she was a lot of work she was very much worth it. Fantastic companion. I do rather like Vizsla's too. They are somewhat similar to Weims, but are a little smaller, and a tad less manic.

I would NOT recommend either to anyone without doing very in depth research as to wether they fit your lifestyle and home. I know a few in rescue due to people thinking the look cute and think they are a great fashion accessory, but get rid of them when they grow and they cannot figure out why the dog is chewing up their apartment (you don't take them for the long long walks they need to mentally stimulate them do you, you idiots!)

I have to also recommend a labrador retriever, preferably black. I am very biased however as we've a lovely lab named Lily. They are wonderful companions, and have a very good temperament.

Any puppy is going to be boisterous, but if you put in the time and effort then you'll end up with a wonderful companion.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 2:22 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bleepedy Bloops
If you ever thought about getting a dog, what kind of dog do think you would like?
If you plan to get a dog, I'd do some research on some breeds to see what type would fit best with your personality/lifestyle. Or, you could rescue one from the pound

I have a pug, they're laid back like me
Old Sep 12th 2009, 3:02 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

If you ever thought about getting a dog, what kind of dog do think you would like?
I'd get a butcher's dog. They need a lot of exercise though.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 4:20 pm
BEER Enthusiast

Bleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jcapulet
If you plan to get a dog, I'd do some research on some breeds to see what type would fit best with your personality/lifestyle. Or, you could rescue one from the pound

I have a pug, they're laid back like me
Yeah pugs are funny little dogs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uuqXXT7VYo
Old Sep 12th 2009, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Essex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really nice

You can't beat a border collie period.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 5:20 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Essex_Man
You can't beat a border collie period.
I think anyone would say the same about the breed(s) they own. I would say you can't beat a chow - but then chows are not dogs, they are chows