Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

No direct flights from Ottawa to London UK

No direct flights from Ottawa to London UK

Old Jan 6th 2023, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute
Default No direct flights from Ottawa to London UK

Happy New Year to all!!

So it seems that there are no direct flights anymore from Ottawa to London UK. My only option is to fly from Ottawa to Toronto and London and do same in reverse...has anyone done this recently and what was the connection window like? I don't want to cut it too fine if it is still a sh$t show in Pearson. I have decided to just take carry on and forget any checked luggage.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 6th 2023, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No direct flights from Ottawa to London UK

Why not just drive to Montreal and fly direct if it's an issue?
Old Jan 7th 2023, 9:57 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
This makes the most sense especially considering that Kingston is midway
Old Jan 9th 2023, 1:38 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shelley748
Happy New Year to all!!

So it seems that there are no direct flights anymore from Ottawa to London UK. My only option is to fly from Ottawa to Toronto and London and do same in reverse...has anyone done this recently and what was the connection window like? I don't want to cut it too fine if it is still a sh$t show in Pearson. I have decided to just take carry on and forget any checked luggage.

Thanks in advance.
It's still a shit show in Pearson. Daughter has just flown to UK. She knows someone at Pearson who advised to take hand luggage only - which she did. Due to the amount of people doing that, the last section to board had their bags checked at the gate. She flew on Wednesday, got her bag on Saturday. We're taking UT as a win that her bag is now with her.
Old Jan 9th 2023, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
It's still a shit show in Pearson. Daughter has just flown to UK. She knows someone at Pearson who advised to take hand luggage only - which she did. Due to the amount of people doing that, the last section to board had their bags checked at the gate. She flew on Wednesday, got her bag on Saturday. We're taking UT as a win that her bag is now with her.
oh goodness that's bloody awful.
Old Jan 9th 2023, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gozit

No I dont think i will do that- I dont do well with french signage...and my stress level would be through the roof.
Old Jan 9th 2023, 4:51 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

No I dont think i will do that- I dont do well with french signage...and my stress level would be through the roof.
Then book on a US airline and hub through Chicago or Atlanta or Charlotte or Wherever.
Old Jan 9th 2023, 11:03 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Then book on a US airline and hub through Chicago or Atlanta or Charlotte or Wherever.
Lol. Daughter's flight was AA through Charlotte. Missed her connection, ended up going through Boston then on to Heathrow, arriving 10 hrs later than scheduled. Let's just hope her return is uneventful.
Old Jan 10th 2023, 1:41 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Lol. Daughter's flight was AA through Charlotte. Missed her connection, ended up going through Boston then on to Heathrow, arriving 10 hrs later than scheduled. Let's just hope her return is uneventful.
I had a phase of going AA through Charlotte. Was stranded in Charlotte once, rather a nice spot Still, Somewhere-Charlotte-Boston-Heathrow is almost as bad as my recent Toronto-Vancouver-Gatwick.
Old Jan 10th 2023, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

The 'french' signage is never something I've considered. My french isn't the greatest, I find the pictures on the signs are very good and a map app on your phone or GPS can get you there easily. 401, to Hwy 20 to Dorval. Driving from Kingston to Montreal airport you don't need to go through downtown Montreal and from Kingston to Pearson you have to drive most if not all of the hell of the 401 in Toronto.
Old Jan 10th 2023, 2:21 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

I landed at Pearson on Saturday and it was fine.
Old Jan 10th 2023, 2:24 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

I had to switch airports in Paris once and some franco put me on the wrong coach which had a map between the two airports drawn on the side but proceeded to go in the wrong direction. I then got stung for a second ticket to get back to square one.

Definitely easier switching in a normal place.
Old Jan 10th 2023, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
The 'french' signage is never something I've considered. My french isn't the greatest, I find the pictures on the signs are very good and a map app on your phone or GPS can get you there easily. 401, to Hwy 20 to Dorval. Driving from Kingston to Montreal airport you don't need to go through downtown Montreal and from Kingston to Pearson you have to drive most if not all of the hell of the 401 in Toronto.
thanks thats a thought too!
Old Jan 10th 2023, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by KayBex
Perhaps fly via Halifax (Air Canada) if you don't mind a long journey with 13 hours layover; you could even overnight it in Halifax rather than sit in the airport - i.e. break the journey.

Departing Thu, 16 Feb 2023
Ottawa to LondonTravel time: 21hr25m
18:10
Ottawa YOW
Operated by Air Canada Express - Jazz
AC 8070 | Operated by Air Canada Express - Jazz
Aircraft Type De Havilland Dash 8-400
Duration: 1 hour 52 minutes

Halifax YHZ
21:02
Layover | 13hr33m
10:35
Halifax YHZ
Operated by Air Canada
AC 868 | Operated by Air Canada
Aircraft Type:Boeing 737 MAX 8
Duration: 6hr6 hours

London LHR
20:35

Terminal 2
thanks for the thought
Old Jan 10th 2023, 3:42 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by JamesM
I had to switch airports in Paris once and some franco put me on the wrong coach which had a map between the two airports drawn on the side but proceeded to go in the wrong direction. I then got stung for a second ticket to get back to square one.

Definitely easier switching in a normal place.
I've had to change planes in Amsterdam, Taipai and Seoul.. Oh my, those alien language pictograms can be slightly unfamiliar. Airports operating in foreign languages can be mildly disconcerting.

Last edited by dbd33; Jan 10th 2023 at 4:06 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.