Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Next TO meetup: no cat herding allowed.

Next TO meetup: no cat herding allowed.

Old Jun 20th 2012, 1:34 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next TO meetup: no cat herding allowed.

Originally Posted by victorfoxtrot
Depends what I pull out of the wardrobe in the morning. Tis but Tuesday, I'm not sure what I'm wearing tomorrow.
It's OK. Faced with the rising number of attendees (and you'd all better show up you bums), I've just reserved the long table in the library for sixish.

For newbies, the "library" is a bit down the corridor to the left of the bar (which in turn is right in front of you as you come in the door off the Esplanade).

If you ask for Novo's table you'll get a puzzled look.

Last edited by Novocastrian; Jun 20th 2012 at 1:36 am.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 1:49 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
It's OK. Faced with the rising number of attendees (and you'd all better show up you bums), I've just reserved the long table in the library for sixish.

For newbies, the "library" is a bit down the corridor to the left of the bar (which in turn is right in front of you as you come in the door off the Esplanade).

If you ask for Novo's table you'll get a puzzled look.
I hope nobody minds but one of our software suppliers at work is a pleasent Geordie chap in his early 40's. He works off Bay Street so I have told him to swing by.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 1:52 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
I hope nobody minds but one of our software suppliers at work is a pleasent Geordie chap in his early 40's. He works off Bay Street so I have told him to swing by.
A Geordie, eh? Not so sure. They're shifty bastards.

Lots of room.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 1:59 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

A Geordie, eh? Not so sure. They're shifty bastards.

Lots of room.
I was semi-reluctant to have two in the same room.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 2:10 am
Born again atheist

I was semi-reluctant to have two in the same room.
Three. The Mrs. is an honorary Geordie.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 2:17 am
Dive Bar Drunk

Three. The Mrs. is an honorary Geordie.
I shall be zipping the pocket with my wallet in.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 2:20 am
Born again atheist

I shall be zipping the pocket with my wallet in.
I think you're confusing Geordies with Scousers.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 2:31 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Is there going to be chicken wings, sweet potatoes fires and flange? I fear I'm going to miss out top stylie. Bah humbug to Vancouver.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 2:37 am
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by Oink
Is there going to be chicken wings, sweet potatoes fires and flange? I fear I'm going to miss out top stylie. Bah humbug to Vancouver.
It's going to be a quiet one from me. I have to head to the burbs to play golf early the next morning (which mildly irks me). I committed before I found out the Tee off Time.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

reeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud of

How regular/often are these meet ups? I get back from the UK on July 23, so I will miss the June one :-(

Would love to have faces to go with some of the errrmmmm colourful unique people on the forum :-)
Old Jun 20th 2012, 1:53 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by reeni
How regular/often are these meet ups? I get back from the UK on July 23, so I will miss the June one :-(

Would love to have faces to go with some of the errrmmmm colourful unique people on the forum :-)
I would say more than likely there will be another in the fall.

The faces will probably give you nightmares......it's mainly a table of bald or balding men and a fellow who reminds me of Christopher Lee's Gandalf.

Last edited by JamesM; Jun 20th 2012 at 1:55 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 2:09 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

The faces will probably give you nightmares......it's mainly a table of bald or balding men and a fellow who reminds me of Christopher Lee's Gandalf.
You paint a bonnie picture
Old Jun 20th 2012, 2:48 pm
Born again atheist

<wracks brain>

<remembers Gandalf had a beard>

<seethes>

<looks up spell to turn James into a toad>
Old Jun 20th 2012, 4:40 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

How will I recognise you all on Friday? do always sit in a certain corner or part of the bar? Is there some sort of secret code I need to utter to the bar staff for them to point you all out to me?

Hate going into pubs on my own, when I dont know anyone
Old Jun 20th 2012, 4:47 pm
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

I'm the same in not knowing anyone so tempted to wear my union jack shorts so they notice me

Then again, if some strange guy walked into a pub with a half scouse/half Wigan accent wearing a pair of union Jack shorts everyone would likely ignore him !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.