Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Next TO meetup: no cat herding allowed.

Next TO meetup: no cat herding allowed.

Old Jun 11th 2012, 2:40 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next TO meetup: no cat herding allowed.

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
an aging skinhead who should know better from Oakville
should know better? Is that a comment on the follicular difficulty or the choice of domicile? If the former, I assure you the alternative would be a much more frightening prospect - there's something deeply sinister, I feel, about combovers...

See you Friday.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 2:47 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
should know better? Is that a comment on the follicular difficulty or the choice of domicile? If the former, I assure you the alternative would be a much more frightening prospect - there's something deeply sinister, I feel, about combovers...

See you Friday.
It was either characterizing you that way or something along the lines of a frighteningly well read ex-jock. Your choice.

Don't forget that pint.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 2:54 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

It was either characterizing you that way or something along the lines of a frighteningly well read ex-jock. Your choice.

Don't forget that pint.
Hmmm. That's not much of a choice, really. I'd never considered myself as a jock... I just sort of fell into a rowing boat. Only reason I got anywhere with it is that it's one of very few sports that requires absolutely no hand-eye coordination whatsoever. You sit down, your feet are tied into the boat and you hold the oar with both hands; letting go of anything leads to disaster. I'll take the well-read, though.

And I hadn't forgotten your pint.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 2:57 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Hmmm. That's not much of a choice, really. I'd never considered myself as a jock... I just sort of fell into a rowing boat. Only reason I got anywhere with it is that it's one of very few sports that requires absolutely no hand-eye coordination whatsoever. You sit down, your feet are tied into the boat and you hold the oar with both hands; letting go of anything leads to disaster. I'll take the well-read, though.

And I hadn't forgotten your pint.
Most people fall out of rowing boats, rather than in to them. But you're special.

Good news about the pint, although I was joking.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 8:56 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

Can't make it this time. Am camping with Canucks for the weekend. Or cradles if you're DBD....
Old Jun 13th 2012, 12:00 am
Purpe80 in another life..

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Do let us know when you're in Nfld.
I arrive on the 18th!

That'd be fantastic. We'd all love to see you and catch up on your adventures.

Hope it works out.
Wil try... Fingers crossed.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 1:22 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Clematis
I arrive on the 18th!

Wil try... Fingers crossed.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 2:28 am
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

Friday June 22nd, Scotland Yard, 6 - 6:30 pm until ????

Sweet potato fries available but not recommended.

Let me know, I may need to reserve the back room if numbers increase above the current eight or nine.

Time, place and date non negotiable, so don't even try.
I've only just found this thread for some reason so obviously missed the meetup !

When's the next one? I may just turn up to enjoy some English humour (If Nova has one.... )
Old Jun 13th 2012, 2:44 am
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Animal
I've only just found this thread for some reason so obviously missed the meetup !

When's the next one? I may just turn up to enjoy some English humour (If Nova has one.... )
DOH ! It's June now !

Is this open to anyone as I may have a very slight chance of actually being able to make it next week but won't know until the middle of next week.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 2:47 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

If you read the thread you are replying too and pay attention to the crucial piece of information............

Also despite not being much of a pub/bar person and my body being a sacred temple I shall be in attendance. My plan is to drink some of the establishment's finer beers with fruit accompaniments and gnaw on my staple diet of sweet potato fries with a side of either burger, wrap or sandwich.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 2:49 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

DOH ! It's June now !

Is this open to anyone as I may have a very slight chance of actually being able to make it next week but won't know until the middle of next week.
Not normally but Novo knows a guy who knows a guy.....so if you buy him a pint he'll get you in.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 2:32 pm
Born again atheist

Nova? Nova!!?? And you expect me to talk to the guy to get you an invite after that??

You're welcome though. See you next Friday?
Old Jun 13th 2012, 2:58 pm
I said what ?!

Nova? Nova!!?? And you expect me to talk to the guy to get you an invite after that??

You're welcome though. See you next Friday?
Nova, Novo. What's one letter between 'friends' !
Old Jun 13th 2012, 3:24 pm
Born again atheist

Nova, Novo. What's one letter between 'friends' !
You're right. I'll just call you "Anal".
Old Jun 13th 2012, 3:29 pm
I said what ?!

You're right. I'll just call you "Anal".
That's 2 letters !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.