Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

News story on IRCC & spousal apps

News story on IRCC & spousal apps

Old Jan 18th 2018, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default News story on IRCC & spousal apps

IRCC making errors, and capricious demands? I don't believe it

Foreign spouses hit snags with 'streamlined' sponsorship program - Ottawa - CBC News

(Glad as I am to have had a pretty fast run through in the last days of the old papers, I like to laugh at the fact that my PR card has my first rejected photo on it, because by the time they demanded a third set I just resent the old ones as I could see nothing wrong with them. Turns out, they agreed)
Old Jan 18th 2018, 5:37 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News story on IRCC & spousal apps

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
IRCC making errors, and capricious demands? I don't believe it

Foreign spouses hit snags with 'streamlined' sponsorship program - Ottawa - CBC News

(Glad as I am to have had a pretty fast run through in the last days of the old papers, I like to laugh at the fact that my PR card has my first rejected photo on it, because by the time they demanded a third set I just resent the old ones as I could see nothing wrong with them. Turns out, they agreed)
It makes me laugh when I see these kind of stories.. my application took almost 5 years to be processed. During that time I couldn't work, get health care and couldn't leave the country. 3 months delay is not something to get the papers involved in!

Old Jan 18th 2018, 6:05 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
... 3 months delay is not something to get the papers involved in!...
I must admit I only skimmed it at first and 2011/2016 was what registered with me.

But now I looked and they first applied Sept 2016 and it says 12 months was typical prior to the change.

If there really are problems, it's not the best example.

On the other hand, the sub-heading says Immigration lawyers say they're seeing an increase in government sending back applications erroneously and the report says it happened twice on this case with both being an error - one of them actually returning the docs supposedly not enclosed.

My own delay (nearly three years when it was supposed to be 6 months, apologies for error but no correcting the error ) is more newsworthy.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 1:24 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I must admit I only skimmed it at first and 2011/2016 was what registered with me.

But now I looked and they first applied Sept 2016 and it says 12 months was typical prior to the change.

If there really are problems, it's not the best example.

On the other hand, the sub-heading says Immigration lawyers say they're seeing an increase in government sending back applications erroneously and the report says it happened twice on this case with both being an error - one of them actually returning the docs supposedly not enclosed.

My own delay (nearly three years when it was supposed to be 6 months, apologies for error but no correcting the error ) is more newsworthy.
Likewise - London CIC losing my son's part of the application for 2 years - promising that everything would be resolved within 3 months (my son gave notice at work in antiicipation) and it taking almost another 18 months/2 years to resolve.

#smh