new with a few questions

Wikiposts

new with a few questions

Old Nov 10th 2008, 3:23 am
Just Joined

finnsmummy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new with a few questions

hi all *waves*
my self and husband are thinking of moving to Mapel ridge BC in about a year or so.
just wondering how many of you are out there whats it like from your view.
We have a 10mnt old boy so is it children friendly what are the shops like ect
i have looked it up many times but to get your views would be great.
Also the local preschools are they good i have my c.c.l.d and woul;d love to carry on working with children in the future once my finn is a bit bigger.
Also we are an outgoing family and would love to meet new people we are also keen geochachers if any of you are out there??
i will no doubt have a 100 more questions for you all
Paula Dan and finnley xxx:
Old Nov 10th 2008, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Deeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to all
Default Re: new with a few questions

Hello and welcome to BE,

Sorry I can't tell you about Maple Ridge, but I'm sure people who can will be along later.
I'm curious-what is a geochacher?
Best of luck with your plans.
D
Old Nov 10th 2008, 5:40 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Welcome to BE

There is a lady called athena88 who is from your part of the world, I will pass a note to her so she sees this thread

Good luck with your plans
Old Nov 10th 2008, 5:57 am
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deeny
Hello and welcome to BE,

Sorry I can't tell you about Maple Ridge, but I'm sure people who can will be along later.
I'm curious-what is a geochacher?
Best of luck with your plans.
D
I am wondering the same thing? a geochacher never heard of it
Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:07 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kate white
I am wondering the same thing? a geochacher never heard of it
I think the word is geocacher. As in geocache. A fun way to explore places while looking for a cache of stuff. Just google it and you'll see.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:10 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
I think the word is geocacher. As in geocache. A fun way to explore places while looking for a cache of stuff. Just google it and you'll see.
Geocaching is a high-tech treasure hunting game played throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with GPS devices. The basic idea is to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, outdoors and then share your experiences online. Geocaching is enjoyed by people from all age groups, with a strong sense of community and support for the environment.

I had to Google it too.

Edit: There are quite few posters that live in Maple Ridge. Startwin seems to be one of the more regular ones.

Last edited by JonboyE; Nov 10th 2008 at 6:12 am.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:12 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Geocaching is a high-tech treasure hunting game played throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with GPS devices. The basic idea is to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, outdoors and then share your experiences online. Geocaching is enjoyed by people from all age groups, with a strong sense of community and support for the environment.

I had to Google it too.

Edit: There are quite few posters that live in Maple Ridge. Startwin seems to be one of the more regular ones.
It's great fun in the mountains and the desert here. A super way to see mother nature.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 7:19 am
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by finnsmummy
hi all *waves*
my self and husband are thinking of moving to Mapel ridge BC in about a year or so.
just wondering how many of you are out there whats it like from your view.
We have a 10mnt old boy so is it children friendly what are the shops like ect
i have looked it up many times but to get your views would be great.
Also the local preschools are they good i have my c.c.l.d and woul;d love to carry on working with children in the future once my finn is a bit bigger.
Also we are an outgoing family and would love to meet new people we are also keen geochachers if any of you are out there??
i will no doubt have a 100 more questions for you all
Paula Dan and finnley xxx:
Hi and welcome. I live in Maple Ridge, raised my kids here and my grandsons go to high school here. Personally, I love the area, you have the best of all worlds with parks, tons of outdoor activities, mountains, lakes, ski-ing not too far. Loads of activities for kids of all ages. Shopping's not so great (mall-type, I mean, we have all the major supermarkets and a couple of smaller malls) but short drive to major malls, which is the way I like it. Schools are fine as far as I know. I believe there are quite a few ex-Brits with young families living in Maple Ridge now, so they could give you better insight as to pre-schools, elementary schools etc. Hopefully you will get responses from them. Good luck, let me know if you have any other questions.