New Brunswick folks

Old Jan 7th 2019, 2:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Brunswick folks

I just wish was smart enough for college, getting a skill and more income would be the best way out of this mess.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 10:28 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Why do ‘some people’s posts’ like mine above, leave a tablet in English and then change themselves with strange foreign characters by the time they reach BE...I didn’t type it that way honest!
Old Jan 8th 2019, 12:49 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
Why do ‘some people’s posts’ like mine above, leave a tablet in English and then change themselves with strange foreign characters by the time they reach BE...I didn’t type it that way honest!
It looks fine to me on my laptop. Maybe it just looks funny on your tablet?
Old Jan 8th 2019, 1:11 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

No it was also odd on my work windows laptop.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 1:22 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
No it was also odd on my work windows laptop.
Sometimes if I edit a post it throws in a bunch of hieroglyphics and I have to start over; not sure if it's just on my phone or computer too.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 2:13 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like this to me.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
Your previous one looked fine on my desktop, but this one looked weird, although the "quote" looks OK

Last edited by scilly; Jan 8th 2019 at 6:06 pm. Reason: spelling!
Old Jan 8th 2019, 6:14 pm
Oscar nominated

@ MillieF
Perhaps your tablet isn't fitted with the right podule?

Old Mar 10th 2019, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I just wish was smart enough for college, getting a skill and more income would be the best way out of this mess.
You are smart, Jsmth321. Your intellect, intelligence and communication that you share with us here speaks volumes. I understand you likely face additional barriers many of us do not, but don’t think that you’re not smart enough - you most certainly are.

Afterthought: have you considered passive income, such as creating a (free) blog/website where you write answers to FAQ of something you’re knowledgeable about (renting problems in BC and tips you’ve learned along the way, living and working with a disability in BC, living as an American in BC, the pros and cons of living in Squamish, Chilliwack, etc. given your circumstances? and then setting up some Google ads, which bring in some $ every few months based on viewership of your blog? You write quality material here. Have you considered that you can use the time and effort you spend writing on forums to write material on your own website that can make you money? Just a thought.

Last edited by Lychee; Mar 10th 2019 at 7:08 pm.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 7:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

A blog possibly again maybe. I did have one a few years ago that revolved around mental health, but it never took off, maybe a more generic blog on something might work better though, I will have to think about what kind of topics might be of interest to enough people to get traffic.

Originally Posted by Lychee

You are smart, Jsmth321. Your intellect, intelligence and communication that you share with us here speaks volumes. I understand you likely face additional barriers many of us do not, but don’t think that you’re not smart enough - you most certainly are.

Afterthought: have you considered passive income, such as creating a (free) blog/website where you write answers to FAQ of something you’re knowledgeable about (renting problems in BC and tips you’ve learned along the way, living and working with a disability in BC, living as an American in BC, the pros and cons of living in Squamish, Chilliwack, etc. given your circumstances? and then setting up some Google ads, which bring in some $ every few months based on viewership of your blog? You write quality material here. Have you considered that you can use the time and effort you spend writing on forums to write material on your own website that can make you money? Just a thought.