Negative Thread

Old Jan 29th 2012, 4:59 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of
Default Re: Negative Thread

Head in the sand, don't listen....

OK, 2nd hand cars seem very expensive.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 5:05 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
It symptomatic of their general approach and attitude to education.
I think it's awful, my kids think school here is a joke....

My 16 year old sat his GCSE maths when he was 14 and got a A....he sits in class here twiddling his fingers, he's no interest and the teachers here are a joke....
Old Jan 29th 2012, 5:08 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fletcher m
Head in the sand, don't listen....

OK, 2nd hand cars seem very expensive.
LOL....if you are planning on moving here you better get your head out of the sand before some ****er parks a bike in your butt crack....
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
I think it's awful, my kids think school here is a joke....

My 16 year old sat his GCSE maths when he was 14 and got a A....he sits in class here twiddling his fingers, he's no interest and the teachers here are a joke....
And theres us thinking we had the only kid kid in Canada who thinks the same as yours.
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
Cause they've most likely slept in the clothes.....who wants to sit beside the great unwashed!!!
You know I love you FK but please tell me you are not serious.

If your child was being bullied, or as stated upthread subjected to wide open drug use etc then absolutely thats not on.

But saying its a negative thing because of what "your" children have to sit next to at school because of what "they" are wearing.

Listen to yourself.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 5:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops

If your child was being bullied, or as stated upthread subjected to wide open drug use etc then absolutely thats not on.

But saying its a negative thing because of what "your" children have to sit next to at school because of what "they" are wearing.

Listen to yourself.
Are you suggesting that said children remove pjs, have a shower and then put pjs back on again? If nit then what FK has stated has merit, does it not?

I don't believe she was criticising their dress sense.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 5:41 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Are you suggesting that said children remove pjs, have a shower and then put pjs back on again? If nit then what FK has stated has merit, does it not?

I don't believe she was criticising their dress sense.
Kids at school can be cruel. In my mind there are 2 reasons for the pj thing.

If the children are old enough to be deciding for themselves, then - if it's not breaking school rules and strange as though it maybe - let them. (and maybe have a quiet word about the whole 'smell' thing )

If it's children that are not old enough to be deciding for themselves, then an attitude of "My chldren have to sit next to these children" can negatively pass through the parent onto the kids, which 'could' lead to bullying.

Maybe I am not explaining myself too well, however having been at school with some 'smelly' 'unwashed' kids and getting in many fights sticking up for them I've seen first hand what they can be put through.

Does that explain it any better?
Old Jan 29th 2012, 5:47 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Kids at school can be cruel. In my mind there are 2 reasons for the pj thing.

If the children are old enough to be deciding for themselves, then - if it's not breaking school rules and strange as though it maybe - let them. (and maybe have a quiet word about the whole 'smell' thing )

If it's children that are not old enough to be deciding for themselves, then an attitude of "My chldren have to sit next to these children" can negatively pass through the parent onto the kids, which 'could' lead to bullying.

Maybe I am not explaining myself too well, however having been at school with some 'smelly' 'unwashed' kids and getting in many fights sticking up for them I've seen first hand what they can be put through.

Does that explain it any better?
Kids going to school wearing PJ's and not washing smacks of Pikeyness to me. Don't blame the kids, blame the parents. Big negative on the negative thread. 2 negs in this case, do not make a positive.

Last edited by fletcher m; Jan 29th 2012 at 5:47 pm. Reason: typo
Old Jan 29th 2012, 5:47 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose it's not the fact that kids are in their PJs...the negative point is that parents and/or teachers don't think it's inappropriate to send children to school in pyjamas. But that's very Canadian.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 5:58 pm
Sawdust making harpy

Kids going to school wearing PJ's and not washing smacks of Pikeyness to me. Don't blame the kids, blame the parents. Big negative on the negative thread. 2 negs in this case, do not make a positive.
Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
I suppose it's not the fact that kids are in their PJs...the negative point is that parents and/or teachers don't think it's inappropriate to send children to school in pyjamas. But that's very Canadian.
I disagree with the attitudes behind this - however everyone is entitled to a view point.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 6:03 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.diy.com/nav/decor/paint/i...n-2-5L-9241011

Looks like we pay in £ what you pay in $. Paint looks cheap in Canada. You just have bigger houses, perhaps?
Originally Posted by dollface
Well not really we pay around $45-50 a gallon plus tax
I think Dollface is right here! We'd be laughing if it was only $25 a gallon.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 6:03 pm
Banned

If it was pointed out to them that is was perhaps inappropriate, then they perhaps, would start washing and changing for school. Are the teachers permitted to go to school in their PJ?

I presume these kids know the cost of dental treatment in canada, do they at least brush their teeth in the morning.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 6:04 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Listen to yourself.
I was just making a comment about it ......i don't think i'd have a very productive day at work sitting next to skinky pj man.....i've be shit scared he's scratched his bits and touched me or my desk.....that's why Canada invented Lysol!!!

I can see the kids point of view....and i love you too btw...
Old Jan 29th 2012, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

justkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud of

I want to balance this out here. I have never seen or heard of kids at my sons school wearing pajamas. There is a dress code in place and if any kids show up wearing inappropriate clothing (spaghetti straps, short skirt, slogans / sayings on tshirts) they are sent home or told to wear their gym strip for the rest of the day. They parents are also called and informed.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 6:09 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
I think Dollface is right here! We'd be laughing if it was only $25 a gallon.
Here is the calculation, £26 for 2.5 L roughly £10 a litre or $15 per L.

4.5l = 1 UK Gal 4.5 x $15 = $70 per gallon.

I know i am a thick driver, but, how come you can't see this?

Paint is cheap in Canada.

I personally use 10x tougher dulux from their paint centres and it is even more expensive than the above quoted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.