Negative Thread

Old Jan 28th 2012, 11:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Negative Thread

April.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 12:03 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Paint is really expensive. I have no idea how much paint is in the UK anymore, but we just spent $100 on two gallons. We need several more yet before we're done
Christ what the hell are you using????

I'll agree that Benjamin Moore Aura is a stunning paint, Cloverdale Ecologic (not great to work with) and super acrylic 2 (though there have been some problems with colour change from cutting to rolling) are both up there price wise - but by far the best all round for coverage / cost / durability and ease of use is the Home Hardware premier brand. I think its around $30 a gallon.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 12:11 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Christ what the hell are you using????

I'll agree that Benjamin Moore Aura is a stunning paint, Cloverdale Ecologic (not great to work with) and super acrylic 2 (though there have been some problems with colour change from cutting to rolling) are both up there price wise - but by far the best all round for coverage / cost / durability and ease of use is the Home Hardware premier brand. I think its around $30 a gallon.
We picked up the stuff with the primer already built in (Behr). I think in future we'll just go for the regular stuff and do 2 coats
Old Jan 29th 2012, 12:18 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

We picked up the stuff with the primer already built in (Behr). I think in future we'll just go for the regular stuff and do 2 coats
Oh Piff don't fall for the pandp in one story

You should always two coat anyway - if you have to repair any patches, one coat won't cover up the 'flashes' that you get. My advice would be if you've done repairs, spot prime them with a roller first, then top coat after.

I shall slap your hand and you know why
Old Jan 29th 2012, 12:19 am
Blonde, but not really.

Joolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the rough

Must...resist...negativity. Ah, sod it:

1) Weird paranoia about alcohol
2) Chocolate that tastes like sick
3) Weather moaning and therefore...
4) The Weather network, or rather specifically that segment `stormwatch`on the Weather Network where they play really dramatic music to showcase terrifying Canada-wide storms, even when there aren`t any and all they have is the one shot of a solitary bin blowing across the road and some woman looking mildly inconvenienced by some drizzle. And it`s always in New Brunswick.

Guess what was just on in the background while I was typing.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 12:22 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joolschweetie
Must...resist...negativity. Ah, sod it:

4) The Weather network, or rather specifically that segment `stormwatch`on the Weather Network where they play really dramatic music to showcase terrifying Canada-wide storms, even when there aren`t any and all they have is the one shot of a solitary bin blowing across the road and some woman looking mildly inconvenienced by some drizzle. And it`s always in New Brunswick.

Guess what was just on in the background while I was typing.
I love this...thanks
Old Jan 29th 2012, 12:26 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Oh Piff don't fall for the pandp in one story

You should always two coat anyway - if you have to repair any patches, one coat won't cover up the 'flashes' that you get. My advice would be if you've done repairs, spot prime them with a roller first, then top coat after.

I shall slap your hand and you know why
Oh FFS Yeah I know why - Maybe you should come round for a consult (as Piff slaps head going Doh!)
Old Jan 29th 2012, 12:40 am
Blonde, but not really.

Joolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
I love this...thanks
It`s pretty much a tragic insight into this evening at my house; expensive yet naff wine, sick chocolate and the weather network.

Old Jan 29th 2012, 12:43 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joolschweetie
It`s pretty much a tragic insight into this evening at my house; expensive yet naff wine, sick chocolate and the weather network.

I don't drink wine so i can't say if it's naff or not but the chocolate is bad. I go to Bulk Barn for my fix of proper stuff.

As for the Weather Network, I think you have it spot on....
Old Jan 29th 2012, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 29th 2012, 2:35 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Paint is really expensive. I have no idea how much paint is in the UK anymore, but we just spent $100 on two gallons. We need several more yet before we're done
http://www.diy.com/nav/decor/paint/i...n-2-5L-9241011

Looks like we pay in £ what you pay in $. Paint looks cheap in Canada. You just have bigger houses, perhaps?
Old Jan 29th 2012, 2:37 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fletcher m
http://www.diy.com/nav/decor/paint/i...n-2-5L-9241011

Looks like we pay in £ what you pay in $. Paint looks cheap in Canada. You just have bigger houses, perhaps?
Well not really we pay around $45-50 a gallon plus tax

Last edited by dollface; Jan 29th 2012 at 2:42 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 2:38 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Acceptace of soft drugs like weed.

I am sure someone will put this down as a positive.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 2:40 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dollface
Well not really we pay around $45-50 a gallon.
we pay £26 ($40) for about half a gallon (2.5l).
Old Jan 29th 2012, 2:43 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fletcher m
we pay £26 ($40) for about half a gallon (2.5l).
look like it varies on your B&Q link.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.