mystery pain.

Old Mar 15th 2016, 7:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default mystery pain.

Disregard.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Mar 15th 2016 at 8:33 am. Reason: Disregard
Old Mar 15th 2016, 7:33 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mystery pain.

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Anyone have mystery pain?

That is pain that you have long term but doctors cant figure out why and have no real answer as to why the pain persists.

Its annoying most days but some like today is keeping me up.

And yes I have seen a doctor, 2 to be exact and both did tests of various types but neither had any reason for the pain.

Suppose it could be in my head, but it does hurt...
In view of the variety of causes of pain, the Internet already puts the fear of God in patients with perceived symptoms, I'm not sure that this thread is a great idea and I think that people should consult their physicians, as you have correctly done, then they will get to find out whether there is anything significant going on- tricky sometimes but usually a diagnosis is made.

To air opinions on an open forum which is meant to reflect day to day life in Canada I think is perhaps both unwise and I feel inappropriate. Go back to the physicians to discuss your pain symptoms JS if you are concerned

Last edited by Stinkypup; Mar 15th 2016 at 7:42 am.
Old Mar 15th 2016, 9:25 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't looking for opinions, just people who may share the same sort of thing is all. Peer's as they say in mental health classes. But figured it might work for other things as well.

I wasn't looking for medical advice either, 2 doctors have said they can find any reason for the pain, so no reason to go back to a doctor, which isn't even possible right now, as you know there is a major shortage of doctors in BC and in this region.

Unfortunately I don't know people in real life, nor have any method of meeting people in real life since I have rather limited interests and farming isn't one of them..
Old Mar 15th 2016, 10:00 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have any mystery pains but I did used to suffer from psychosomatic colds, believe it or not. Every time I started a new job I would get a cold the day I had to go into work - it was quite bizarre - I would be absolutely fine and healthy the day before and wake up with a full head cold the day of!

It wasn't a one-off thing either, it happened several times - I believe caused by nerves and the stress and anticipation of starting a new job.

Sorry JS, a little off topic I know.

Old Mar 15th 2016, 10:42 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Most of my aches and pains are dependant on what I've been doing at work and correspond with parts I've damaged and had surgery on, but I have arthritic pain that can come and go seemingly without provocation. I could be asleep and have to wake and change position to accommodate a sore back, shoulder, neck, or leg many times in one night. I get massive cramps through my chest that literally stop me in my tracks (sometimes provoked by stretching or twisting) that I can only attribute to pulling chest muscles using a track wrench 40 years ago. It was lore on the railway then that that would come back as an arthritic pain. Just because there is no diagnosis certainly doesn't mean the needle doesn't go into the red.
Old Mar 15th 2016, 11:17 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by caretaker
Most of my aches and pains are dependant on what I've been doing at work and correspond with parts I've damaged and had surgery on, but I have arthritic pain that can come and go seemingly without provocation. I could be asleep and have to wake and change position to accommodate a sore back, shoulder, neck, or leg many times in one night. I get massive cramps through my chest that literally stop me in my tracks (sometimes provoked by stretching or twisting) that I can only attribute to pulling chest muscles using a track wrench 40 years ago. It was lore on the railway then that that would come back as an arthritic pain. Just because there is no diagnosis certainly doesn't mean the needle doesn't go into the red.
I figure the knee pain is directly related to the airline job since I was mostly loading planes and knees on hard surface of the belly of the plane are not kind to your knees. When I first started I was young and dumb and didn't wear knee pads, as I got older though I realized the how wise it was to wear them and did, but I imagine I did some damage.

The other areas come and go, the back pain likely can be attributed to loading planes as well, back then max weight for luggage was 75 pounds, and boy did people ever pack right to the max, add in cargo which could weight a lot more then bags, funny how heavy bags were "dangerous" to the employees as the company said, but cargo had no weight limit, if it could fit into the plane and the plane could still fly, it could go. Generally no one piece was ever more then 300-350 pounds.
Old Mar 15th 2016, 11:32 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon the body is only designed to last 30 years max. After that wear and tear starts to hurt
Old Mar 15th 2016, 11:41 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
I reckon the body is only designed to last 30 years max. After that wear and tear starts to hurt
If you use it and feed it well it lasts a lot longer. I have a fried who is 78 who bikes to work, swims at least 1K everyday and runs the Grouse grind once a week, even when its closed. I give him lots of freshly caught fish, crab and prawns as I can't eat them all. He never moans about his aches and pains.
Old Mar 15th 2016, 11:57 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
If you use it and feed it well it lasts a lot longer. I have a fried who is 78 who bikes to work, swims at least 1K everyday and runs the Grouse grind once a week, even when its closed. I give him lots of freshly caught fish, crab and prawns as I can't eat them all. He never moans about his aches and pains.
Oh there's some truth in this it's certainly true for me that if I don't walk or cycle I'm less agile than when I do. I'm in a different kind of pain but one I can move with.
All the good diets and exercise in the world won't keep many diseases away however hard you try. Be careful not assume that those who don't fit into your view of health and fitness are to blame for their body habitus and fitness.

Last edited by bats; Mar 16th 2016 at 12:42 am.
Old Mar 16th 2016, 12:13 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Be careful not assume that those who don't fit into your view of health and fitness are to blame for their body habit us and fitness.
Old Mar 16th 2016, 12:44 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Is the opposite of mystery pain, pain that is not acknowledged? A friend's father developed Alzheimer's and they didn't realise how fast it was progressing, and he fell and broke his arm and because he didn't mention it they didn't know it was broken for a couple of days. Pain tolerance is an individual thing.
Edit; No, I'm not in any condition to edit.

Last edited by caretaker; Mar 16th 2016 at 12:49 am.
Old Mar 16th 2016, 6:05 am
Account Closed

Very true. I didnt choose psoriasis for example, it chose me.

I didnt choose this hiatal hernia either. No idea how I even got it. Who knows how long its been there before I complained about acid reflux.

Luckily with that one avoiding certain foods works about 80% of the time.

Oh there's some truth in this it's certainly true for me that if I don't walk or cycle I'm less agile than when I do. I'm in a different kind of pain but one I can move with.
All the good diets and exercise in the world won't keep many diseases away however hard you try. Be careful not assume that those who don't fit into your view of health and fitness are to blame for their body habitus and fitness.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Mar 16th 2016 at 6:09 am.
Old Feb 11th 2017, 6:14 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Courtesy of the seven pints of lager, five tequila shots, three Jagerbombs and some suspect recreational pharmaceuticals, I think I'll have a mystery pain tomorrow morning.
Old Feb 11th 2017, 6:26 am
Account Closed

Courtesy of the seven pints of lager, five tequila shots, three Jagerbombs and some suspect recreational pharmaceuticals, I think I'll have a mystery pain tomorrow morning.
Old Feb 11th 2017, 7:45 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Courtesy of the seven pints of lager, five tequila shots, three Jagerbombs...
If you can count what you had, you haven't had enough.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.