Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

From my window I can see.....

From my window I can see.....

Old Nov 3rd 2006, 11:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: From my window I can see.....

It's hockey registration for the little ones and they are all coming in their gear except for the skates of course.

Just registering now? My kids 4 and 6 and jim have been playing for a month now!
Old Nov 4th 2006, 1:45 am
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

I was stood at my front window this morning 'chopsing' on the phone to my Mum and I saw:
A teenager strolling down the street wearing SHORTS (FFS) and its minus 8 here.....not to mention wind chill.

A mad Garbage Van driver, who seemed to be gaining pleasure from sliding his truck around the corner

A woman up a step ladder putting her Christmas lights on her house

And my driveway that needed shovelling ! (Mmmm, just another brew first)
Old Nov 4th 2006, 2:33 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Ahem.... me thinks that's three bunnies.
HWP, he's staring you out....you know he is...and he's winning. And in your nightmares, he wins every time, over and over.

:scared:

Rich.
Old Nov 4th 2006, 9:09 am

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

This is my view out my window, it was taken in 2003 and the flats that are being built are finished now and the trees on the right, and the back have been demolished for more new flats I'll need to take a new picture as it's very different. If you look to the far right you can see two cranes (faint) but thats when they were buliding the Scottish parliament. The hill in the background is Arthurs Seat. In the distance you can see the lights to Meadowbank Stadium (which is great for fireworks on the 5th, free of charge) and on the left is Hibernian football club.

I am actually quite lucky with my view as most flats in Edinburgh look directly onto other flats and you can see people in their livingrooms. So I get a nice open panoroamic view with some great skies, my friend lives round the corner and his flat is very dark as there are flats directly across from his, so it's a good selling point lol.

Does anyone know a good free programme to make your pics panoramic I don't have one anymore?
Attached Thumbnails From my window I can see.....-panorama.jpg  

Last edited by or4ngecrush; Nov 4th 2006 at 9:21 am. Reason: Adding to description
Old Nov 4th 2006, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

h_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of light

Hmm decking and a garage with a couple of birds taking turns on the feeder - a Blue Jay stuffing itself and a Chickadee. I wish I was seeing snow out the window!
Old Nov 4th 2006, 1:43 pm
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Gardens, small, well-tended, one after the other. A dozen 60's houses emerging from behind beeches slowly shedding their leaves. All lit in bright, yellow, autumn sunlight with wisps of arctic cloud trailing across a perfect blue sky.
Old Nov 4th 2006, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

h_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of light

Hee Hee we have snow on the South Shore! They are tiny tiny flakes and look like it wont last the half hour but it's snow nevertheless!!!
Old Nov 4th 2006, 3:31 pm

Canada Jane has disabled reputation

From the front I can see lots of blue jays stuffing their faces from our feeders. Lots of Junkos on the ground and a red squirrel happily munching nuts. Lots of trees and cloudy skies.

From the back, more blue jays, blackbirds, juncos, sparrows and a couple of chickadees. There is also a very large crow sitting at the top of a tree. Lots more trees (woodland) and more cloudy grey sky.
Old Nov 4th 2006, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

torticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant future

get out my garden.....
Attached Thumbnails From my window I can see.....-dsc01487.jpg  
Old Nov 9th 2006, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

traceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Hangman
The parking lot of the community association building across the street. Not sure what is going on tonight but there are vehicles coming in a steady stream.

What has surprised me more than anything is that there approximately 70-80 vehicles in the lot and by far the fewest in number are cars. They must be outnumbered by Mini-vans, SUV's and Trucks eight or nine to one.

Ahaaa I think I figured it out.

It's hockey registration for the little ones and they are all coming in their gear except for the skates of course.

Cheers
Steve
I can see North Van and the mountains, Canada Place, the Lookout, and the ocean....life doesn't get any better!