At my destination

Old Aug 21st 2008, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute
Default At my destination

Well everyone. It has been pointed out to me that although I have had conversations with on a couple of threads since I arrived in Nova Scotia, I haven't actually started a thread to announce it to the world.

So....for the benefit of those you don't know already I'M HERE.

Our journey was an interesting one with our house sale falling though the day before our flight. The flight was delayed so we didn't actually get to our new home until after midnight when we should have been there late afternoon.

On the up side, after our really, really long wait for my WP approval (6 months in total despite it being a totally straightforward application) passing though immigration was a breeze. We managed to get to the desk first and as we already had our approval from the CHC in London we were done in 10 minutes. My heart really went out to the people at the next desk who were what can only be described as publically interrogated and were still there well after we left.

We have now moved into our new home and after a week or so with some blow up beds and 4 deck chairs, our container has arrived and we have furniture. We have also bought a new vehicle.

Even though we shipped a container over we have done a huge amount of shopping and still have more to do but it is really beginning to feel like home.

Our neighbours are lovely, they bought us a card and a bottle of wine which was very welcome and another local couple gave us some home made jam. We were invited to a 'get together' at the local yacht club last Friday so we had the chance to meet a few more local people and everyone was really friendly.

Despite the weather being a little variable since we arrived we have made good use of the beach and the boys are really enjoying themselves and when we are not at the beach or shopping I now have a great new computer.

LIFE IS GOOD.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: At my destination

WELCOME TO CANADA!

Will you be changing your name now you are "at your destination"
Old Aug 21st 2008, 1:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Well, congrats to you all, and very best wishes
Old Aug 21st 2008, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

I think I might just leave it as it is. Perhaps I will make an effort to get an avatar instead
Old Aug 21st 2008, 1:31 am
it's all good............

D15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome to Canada
Old Aug 21st 2008, 2:36 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Canada, hope it turns out to be all and more than you wanted. I know I love it here.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 3:25 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
Well everyone. It has been pointed out to me that although I have had conversations with on a couple of threads since I arrived in Nova Scotia, I haven't actually started a thread to announce it to the world.

So....for the benefit of those you don't know already I'M HERE.

Our journey was an interesting one with our house sale falling though the day before our flight. The flight was delayed so we didn't actually get to our new home until after midnight when we should have been there late afternoon.

On the up side, after our really, really long wait for my WP approval (6 months in total despite it being a totally straightforward application) passing though immigration was a breeze. We managed to get to the desk first and as we already had our approval from the CHC in London we were done in 10 minutes. My heart really went out to the people at the next desk who were what can only be described as publically interrogated and were still there well after we left.

We have now moved into our new home and after a week or so with some blow up beds and 4 deck chairs, our container has arrived and we have furniture. We have also bought a new vehicle.

Even though we shipped a container over we have done a huge amount of shopping and still have more to do but it is really beginning to feel like home.

Our neighbours are lovely, they bought us a card and a bottle of wine which was very welcome and another local couple gave us some home made jam. We were invited to a 'get together' at the local yacht club last Friday so we had the chance to meet a few more local people and everyone was really friendly.

Despite the weather being a little variable since we arrived we have made good use of the beach and the boys are really enjoying themselves and when we are not at the beach or shopping I now have a great new computer.

LIFE IS GOOD.
Oh I'm sooooooo pleased for you, after all your obstacles you're here
welcome to Canada
You sound nearly all settled , congratulations
Best of luck in your new life
Terese
Old Aug 21st 2008, 3:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice

Welcome to Nova Scotia!
Beach and shopping sounds like the good life to me.
The weather is set to be much better than the summer we have had so far, so lots of time left to spend on a hot sunny beach.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 3:55 am
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Canada.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 4:18 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome!!!!
Old Aug 21st 2008, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Big Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud of

Congratulations on getting to Canada
Old Aug 21st 2008, 5:56 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all

Congratullations DNS

I hope that you will be very home in your new home and on your new venture.

K
Old Aug 21st 2008, 5:56 am
...in these shoes?

ellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to Canada! May all your NS dreams come true.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like you are settling in nicely.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 7:02 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations DNS

Glad everything seems to be working out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.