Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Music/Gigs Thread

The Music/Gigs Thread

Old Mar 10th 2012, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Music/Gigs Thread

This one

Radiohead Warrington 2000 (bootleg live recording)

The playlist don't look too bad but I can remember long parts being totally bored and my wife (who was the Radiohead fan) being disappointed at the end plus the grumblings in general of the exiting crowd.
Old Mar 10th 2012, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

teacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really nice

Originally Posted by PeterF
This one

Radiohead Warrington 2000 (bootleg live recording)

The playlist don't look too bad but I can remember long parts being totally bored and my wife (who was the Radiohead fan) being disappointed at the end plus the grumblings in general of the exiting crowd.
Oh wow! In retrospect you got to see a great gig.... You're right, they didn't play much from ok computer or the bends but holy shit you got some rare songs in. They have only ever played pearly like 13 times...you can see all the Radiohead song stats on 58 hours website...you got to hear some mighty good and killer tracks like in limbo and motion picture soundtrack -and talk show host....I'm jealous... If u look on 58 hours you will see the stats of everything they have ever played... Actually looking at that setlist properly, there are songs from all their albums during that time amnesiac, kid a, ok computer, and the bends....I guess u just got unlucky in that u weren't familiar with them. In my eyes that is a fantastic setlist. Sorry u disagree!!!!

Last edited by teacher1000; Mar 10th 2012 at 7:50 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2012, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

Kid-A sounds like an album that you have to 'get into', I never have listened to it.

I'm playing that gig now maybe after a few goes I may change my mind, but at the time I didn't feel it was great.
Old Mar 10th 2012, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
The miserable bastards should moaning and play Creep.
I was in the audience at the Zodiac when they filmed that video.
Old Mar 11th 2012, 1:44 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teacher1000
Also, the entire point of music is that it's art,
Obviously, I'm older than you are but I'd like to offer a thought as valid today as in 1977.

"**** Art, Let's Dance"

And when I say that, I'm as serious as cancer.
Old Mar 11th 2012, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

teacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really nice

Originally Posted by PeterF
Kid-A sounds like an album that you have to 'get into', I never have listened to it.

I'm playing that gig now maybe after a few goes I may change my mind, but at the time I didn't feel it was great.
When it first came out, a lot of people were like WTF is this??? Then people realised how amazing the record really was, and it's now seen as their best work. I missed the kid a tour that came around in Canada because it sold out instantly. I regret that so much, I've never heard In Limbo live and would LOVE to. I'm seeing them 4 times this year, twice in Nimes, and Both nights at the 02, and hope to god they play a few from Kid A...Although to be honest, either way I'm sure it will be good.

I saw Thom Yorke at Cambridge in 2010 Feb...and he played some really obscure ones then, so I guess it worked out for me in the end. I got to hear like "I froze up" which had only ever been played during a webcast they did and like "true love waits" which is a great track that rarely gets played. So, I feel lucky about that.
Old Mar 11th 2012, 11:53 pm
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

well, I just don't know who to pick - in the next couple months here in Newfoundland we have Bryan Adams, Chris de Burgh and Johnny Reid. a girl just doesn't know what to do!
Old Mar 12th 2012, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teacher1000
When it first came out, a lot of people were like WTF is this??? Then people realised how amazing the record really was, and it's now seen as their best work. I missed the kid a tour that came around in Canada because it sold out instantly. I regret that so much, I've never heard In Limbo live and would LOVE to. I'm seeing them 4 times this year, twice in Nimes, and Both nights at the 02, and hope to god they play a few from Kid A...Although to be honest, either way I'm sure it will be good.

I saw Thom Yorke at Cambridge in 2010 Feb...and he played some really obscure ones then, so I guess it worked out for me in the end. I got to hear like "I froze up" which had only ever been played during a webcast they did and like "true love waits" which is a great track that rarely gets played. So, I feel lucky about that.
I do like Kid A, and The National Anthem is one of their best tracks ever, but OK Computer for me is not just their best record it's THE best record made since The Stone Roses first album. When I saw them do their homecoming concert in Oxford (where I'm from too) with Supergrass and Beck back in 2001, I practically cried my heart out during "Lucky" in the pouring rain. The drugs and alcohol helped with that too though.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 3:09 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby going back to Uk next week and catching a Paul Weller Gig! Jammy git
Old Mar 12th 2012, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by London Mike
I do like Kid A, and The National Anthem is one of their best tracks ever, but OK Computer for me is not just their best record it's THE best record made since The Stone Roses first album. When I saw them do their homecoming concert in Oxford (where I'm from too) with Supergrass and Beck back in 2001, I practically cried my heart out during "Lucky" in the pouring rain. The drugs and alcohol helped with that too though.
Ahahaha aww yeah, OK Computer is an astonishing record, I just prefer the sound of Kid A more...Either way, both records are out of this world good. I missed the Radiohead tour that happened with Beck (2001) Kid A era like i mentioned in previous posts...but he is another artist that I am desperate to see. I know he's playing some places in the states and headlining cochella this year, but we can't travel across to the states just for that. Shame though...
I'm seeing Radiohead 4 times so far this tour...So, i reckon I should get to hear a good mix of their songs. When I saw Thom Yorke in Cambridge in Feb and he played True Love Waits, it was one of those moments for me...but I wasn't sad, I was just like, I wish I could hold onto this moment for a little while longer. My husband and I are pretty big fans, he has seen them something like 16 or 17 times. I've only seen them so far 5 times so yeah. (although, I missed them in their prime, which I'll always regret)
Old Mar 13th 2012, 6:19 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Come on all you funksters get down with it.

http://northerntickets.com/detail.php?id=394
Old Mar 14th 2012, 5:17 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Come on all you funksters get down with it.

http://northerntickets.com/detail.php?id=394
oooh he;s good - but i prefer - - - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CySYwZNH65I
Old Mar 16th 2012, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

SimonB1964 is an unknown quantity at this point

I purchased 4 tickets for the Radiohead show in toronto this coming June.
brought them for my Son (His fave band) and 3 friends but 2 can't go......so, i have 2 spare tickets for the show if anyone is interested?? Paid $81.00 ea for them.
i am in london, ont.

i was thinking of going myself but do not like them.........i am a huge Stranglers fan!! (new album giants just came out last week!!!!).

let me know if anyone is interested OK?

Cheers,

Simon.
Old Mar 24th 2012, 6:44 pm

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

I got pre-sale tickets for One Direction in TO
Old Mar 24th 2012, 6:47 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lmartin999
I got pre-sale tickets for One Direction in TO
You lucky brute. They're so dreamy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.