British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Movies seen 2019 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/movies-seen-2019-a-920614/)

BristolUK Jan 1st 2019 11:40 pm

Movies seen 2019

Movies seen this year. They don't have to be bang up to date.

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy (Post 12615020)
Just watched The Revenant for the first time.

Sh*tty death. The "horse squatting" scene was somewhat foreseeable, the rest ?????

De Caprio superb. :thumb:

It's bedtime, but I'll have nightmares if I go now. :unsure:

Danny B Jan 2nd 2019 12:04 am

Re: Movies seen 2019

I watched Bird Box this afternoon. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2737304/

Load of old bollocks if you ask me.

scrubbedexpat091 Jan 3rd 2019 12:38 am

Watched the Sisters Brothers tonight, not bad.

BristolUK Jan 10th 2019 6:43 pm

Why have I not heard of this?
The Bookshop

I know what I'm doing tonight. If I can find it. And if I can't find it, I'm at least looking.

Found it :thumbup:

BristolUK Jan 11th 2019 1:17 am

Watched it on sockshare in the end.

Classy as expected.

JamesM Jan 11th 2019 2:06 am

Watched Ready Player One on a flight to the UK.

Watched A Quiet Place on the way back. It made me jump in my seat a good 6 times!

Both decent films.

Still need to see Creed 2!

plasticcanuck Jan 11th 2019 1:48 pm

Was dragged to cinema to see Bohemian Rhapsody. Enjoyed it. Made the skinned knees worth it.

AlliF Jan 11th 2019 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by plasticcanuck (Post 12620044)
Was dragged to cinema to see Bohemian Rhapsody. Enjoyed it. Made the skinned knees worth it.

I enjoyed it too - even if they did use a bit of artistic licence there with the whole sequence of events of his illness.
In other ways it was extremely accurate - i watched footage of the Live Aid concert and they even had the drinks sitting on top of the piano correct..

BristolUK Jan 11th 2019 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by AlliF (Post 12620192)
...it was extremely accurate - i watched footage of the Live Aid concert and they even had the drinks sitting on top of the piano correct..

:rofl:
They have to get things like that right coz you know someone will post it as a 'goof' on the IMDB website :nod:

Glass was nearly empty in one shot but nearly full 5 seconds later sort of thing. :rolleyes:

AlliF Jan 11th 2019 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12620196)
:rofl:
They have to get things like that right coz you know someone will post it as a 'goof' on the IMDB website :nod:

Glass was nearly empty in one shot but nearly full 5 seconds later sort of thing. :rolleyes:

Those things normally sail over the top of my head - i only actually noticed because my husband was harping on about a certain less popular brand of Cola paying for product placement in the film :nod: They probably paid a fortune for the product placement at the actual event anyway.

BristolUK Jan 11th 2019 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by AlliF (Post 12620198)
Those things normally sail over the top of my head - i only actually noticed because my husband was harping on about a certain less popular brand of Cola paying for product placement in the film

I sometimes notice the glass thing, or someone is in a different position from one angle to another. But I don't post on IMDB about it. :rolleyes: It's the "that song playing on the radio wasn't released until a week after the event in the movie" ones that get me. :frown:

Except when I've seen a clip of Idol or something and the panelists "somehow" manage to get their glass with Pepsi turned towards the camera every time :lol: I don't notice product placement in movies. It's there in real life, after all.

BuckinghamshireBoy Jan 13th 2019 7:26 pm

Divergent. Despite some good photographickery not really worth it unless you're a late teen female. :thumbdown:

Red Tails. Standard plot, predictable outcome, good cast, good action, worth wasting two and a half hours. :thumb:

BristolUK Jan 13th 2019 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy (Post 12620927)
Divergent. Despite some good photographickery not really worth it unless you're a late teen female. :thumbdown:

I saw one of those...or most of one. Not impressed.

Upside Down was a better sci-fi sortathing

MillieF Jan 16th 2019 2:18 am

Bumblebee...great fun...just like a remake of Herbie the Lovebug...not like a transformers film at all.

fulwood Jan 16th 2019 4:10 am

I wasted 8 bucks on The Favourite. Load of crap.