Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Mother of all problems!

Wikiposts

The Mother of all problems!

Old Sep 19th 2010, 8:35 am
Displaced Disgrace

Joe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Mother of all problems!

Just speak to her honestly & ask for the same from her ...
As for the dog, if it's that old the problem will likely sort itself soon enough..
Old Sep 19th 2010, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Lynsi has a spectacular aura aboutLynsi has a spectacular aura aboutLynsi has a spectacular aura about

We are going to have the vet look at him again and see if they will clear him to fly. We still won't be able to fly him until Jan as we won't know till the last minute if we can stay. I have spoken to them both now and everything seems a little better.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 12:22 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynsi
We are going to have the vet look at him again and see if they will clear him to fly. We still won't be able to fly him until Jan as we won't know till the last minute if we can stay. I have spoken to them both now and everything seems a little better.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Exilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lynsi
Well no she's not that old 63!!! I do get it that she's probably more upset that we are trying to stay longer than looking after the dog and she said when she visited we would be mad to come home so it's her own fault really!! We had the dog all ready to come over but he had a stroke but fully recovered but the vet wouldn't clear him to travel and mum said she would take him and now we love it here and its all a big mess!

We are applying under the BC PNP so we might not even get in!

Thank you for all your replies even if some of them are a little mean!
I'm not on the receiving end of the adivce so maybe I'm seeing things differently but I don't read any of this as mean. Maybe you weren't clear in what you wrote but you sounded rather selfish. You made an arrangement with your Mother and now you want to do back on it. No wonder she is miffed.

Go home sort out your life (he/she is YOUR dog after all) and then when you have set things in order come back.
You are only storing up a whole lot of trouble and resentment towards you if you don't deal with things now.

I rather wonder if you were trying to avoid telling your mother face to face and thereby avoid all the fall out?