Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Mom is leaving hospital!

Mom is leaving hospital!

Old May 31st 2008, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mom is leaving hospital!

My Mom has conquered two broken hip surgeries and numerous other things, including now she has MRSA. But she is coming out of the hospital on Monday.

This is where she is going to be living

http://www.nellsar.com/lulworth_house.htm

I think it looks really nice and its rated as excellent.

She is really not interested in socializing but it has a patio and a garden and I think she will do well there.
Old May 31st 2008, 5:02 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mom is leaving hospital!

Glad she pulled through OK Liz, and the place looks as nice as any (from the web-site), so hopefully she'll settle and be happy there. Must be a weight off all the family's minds .....
Old May 31st 2008, 1:08 pm
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear she is getting out of hospital - that must be a relief.

My gran has been in a care home for about 5 years now - it was very sad at the time, but it really was the only option as she has vascular dementia and was wandering and so on. The care she has received at the home has been excellent, and she gets weekly hair dos and manicures. The best thing about it is that my gran has always been a lady, and always been "dressed", and the home have kept that up even down to putting in matching earrings - it is a huge comfort to see here looking as she always has in smart blouses and skirts.

A funny story about her - when she first when into the home, she used to wear all in one underwear with stockings - always had done for her adult life. As time went on, the girls in the home couldn't get her into this underwear (very solid!) so had to change to more normal. However, my gran has never wore tights and so wanted to keep wearing stockings, therefore needing suspenders. So, the battle was on to find plain suspenders for a woman in her late 90's! None could be found, so my aunt went in with bright red lacy ones, expecting to be shown the door. My gran loved them as she had never had such nice underwear and had always wanted some!!! When we did eventually find some more sedate ones, she complained they were boring!!! It always makes me smile to think of this demure, smartly dressed lady with her bright suspenders!

At the moment, we have our fingers crossed as her 100th birthday is in december and would love it if she made it until then!
Old May 31st 2008, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, my Mom is exactly the same. She always wore really expensive clothes and of course, even when she was doing the gardening she was dressed to the nines!! However, she always wore tights as long as I can remember. But its cute picturing and 90 year old with a bright red suspender belt!!
Old Jun 1st 2008, 5:25 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Liz haven't spoken to you for a while, we have moved eventually. I'm glad your mother is better, the nursing home looks great from the photos. Are you going over to visit her soon?