Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

molson canadian or kokanee uk suppliers

molson canadian or kokanee uk suppliers

Old Jan 24th 2010, 11:32 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: molson canadian or kokanee uk suppliers

Originally Posted by Steve_P
The OP joined in January 2005, hardly new.

However I do agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments.
Agree. OP may not be a new member, but is not an "active" member. Hence we shouldn't assume that they are up to speed with any banter or "in jokes"
Old Jan 24th 2010, 11:36 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
I'm pretty appalled at this thread. When did it become acceptable to say someone has a drinking problem, and then to keep harping on about it?

This is a new poster not someone who is used to the characters on here. It would still be pretty tacky behaviour then.

Pack it in FFS.
Well put, this as tasteless as the beer he wants.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 5:14 am
Banned

bsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
I'm pretty appalled at this thread. When did it become acceptable to say someone has a drinking problem, and then to keep harping on about it?
...I think that under the circumstances this lager joke is in rather poor taste!
Old Jan 25th 2010, 12:11 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Why not consider a local alternative to Canadian beer that will give you a similar flavour at a lower cost? Tennant's Lager might be a good option.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

riccosuabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue
Agree. OP may not be a new member, but is not an "active" member. Hence we shouldn't assume that they are up to speed with any banter or "in jokes"
its nothing to do with me not understanding "regulars" banter.Banter and craic is what you have with someone you share banter with on a regular basis,i dont know bsmith so we are not exactly people that share banter.if he had answered my question properly then we had a bit craic that would have been understandable but straight of the bat is just sad and if thats how he gets his kicks then crack on.and i think it funny that oink agreed that it was in bad taste but was joining in earlier on in the post i would probably join in the banter on here and be more "active" if it wasnt for the fact that when you have a question you want answered on here 9 times out of 10 you just get people thinking there hilarious,when in fact its quite boring and something i would expect a 10 year old with internet access to do.dont get me wrong im all for a laugh but not the way bsmith attempted it

Last edited by riccosuabe; Jan 25th 2010 at 2:15 pm.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 2:37 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by riccosuabe
its nothing to do with me not understanding "regulars" banter.Banter and craic is what you have with someone you share banter with on a regular basis,i dont know bsmith so we are not exactly people that share banter.if he had answered my question properly then we had a bit craic that would have been understandable but straight of the bat is just sad and if thats how he gets his kicks then crack on.and i think it funny that oink agreed that it was in bad taste but was joining in earlier on in the post i would probably join in the banter on here and be more "active" if it wasnt for the fact that when you have a question you want answered on here 9 times out of 10 you just get people thinking there hilarious,when in fact its quite boring and something i would expect a 10 year old with internet access to do.dont get me wrong im all for a laugh but not the way bsmith attempted it

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/...-anonymity.jpg
Why so touchy??? TBH I find if people know the answers to a question, they will tell you - it really doesn't matter where the jokes start. It seems to date no-one is able to give you the information you so desperately seem to need, so theres no need to blame it on others for cluttering up a thread.

There is no divine right to demand an answer.

This is the interet as you quite rightly point out - does it matter that much?
Old Jan 25th 2010, 2:54 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Why so touchy??? TBH I find if people know the answers to a question, they will tell you - it really doesn't matter where the jokes start. It seems to date no-one is able to give you the information you so desperately seem to need, so theres no need to blame it on others for cluttering up a thread.

This is the interet as you quite rightly point out - does it matter that much?
This isn't the sort of question that will get a sensible answer though, someone actively seeking "Canadian beer" is bound to be a figure of fun; one may as well claim to want "American cheese" or "vegetables cooked the British way".
Old Jan 25th 2010, 3:12 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

I've been following this thread with amusement, and I agree... the OP's question was nothing short of an invitation for banter. How on earth would a bunch of sarcastic pisstakers in Canada know the best place to buy terrible beer in Sunderland, UK?

Some other examples of equally dumb questions might be: "Help! I live in Bordeaux... does anyone know where I can get some nice English wine?",
or,
"I recently visited Canada and was impressed by the styling and performance of the Pontiac Aztek. I want to be the envy of my friends in Wolverhampton. Where might I buy this mechanical marvel in the Midlands?"
Old Jan 25th 2010, 3:15 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

anyone know anywhere i can get a hold of either molson canadian,kokanee or labatts(preferably molson and kokanee) in the uk or anywhere on the net thats not to scandalously priced?

thanks
Maple Leaf pub, Covent Garden.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 3:18 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface
Maple Leaf pub, Covent Garden.
Hang on, didn't read any of this thread and had no idea I was stepping into a minefield
Old Jan 25th 2010, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
How on earth would a bunch of sarcastic pisstakers in Canada know the best place to buy terrible beer in Sunderland, UK?

Some other examples of equally dumb questions might be: "Help! I live in Bordeaux... does anyone know where I can get some nice English wine?",
or,
"I recently visited Canada and was impressed by the styling and performance of the Pontiac Aztek. I want to be the envy of my friends in Wolverhampton. Where might I buy this mechanical marvel in the Midlands?"
hence i asked anywhere on the internet people know of?if people read the post
Old Jan 25th 2010, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mandymoochops

ive never "demanded" an answer but if someone asks a question and i dont know the answer im not gonna start giving them crap especially if i dont know who that person is
Old Jan 25th 2010, 3:32 pm
Assimilated Pauper

hence i asked anywhere on the internet people know of?if people read the post
Do you only want one bottle? As part of a joke, the way I sometimes buy visitors a bottle of 50?
Old Jan 25th 2010, 3:44 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
I was with you until this point. Clearly the Pontiac Aztek is such an ugly vehicle that even people in Wolverhampton wouldn't want to drive one.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 3:49 pm

Peterfrombournemouth has a brilliant futurePeterfrombournemouth has a brilliant futurePeterfrombournemouth has a brilliant futurePeterfrombournemouth has a brilliant futurePeterfrombournemouth has a brilliant futurePeterfrombournemouth has a brilliant futurePeterfrombournemouth has a brilliant futurePeterfrombournemouth has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bsmith
....the bloke at the off licence, the girl on the booze counter at Tesco and pub landlords are not real friends - they're just peddlers of misery! Please think about what you're doing to yourself - this has to stop!
You are one sick Puppy bsmith get help while you are still able , Canada is lucky not many immigrants from the U.K. are as sick as you, and we have the resources to help you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.