Mississauga bomb

Old May 25th 2018, 12:06 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mississauga bomb

https://www.macleans.ca/news/mississ...homemade-bomb/

Never thought we'd get this kind of incidence here... hope everyone stays safe.
Old May 25th 2018, 1:02 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mississauga bomb

The Mystery is why ?
Old May 25th 2018, 1:04 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
The Mystery is why ?
The mystery is why the BBC and the Graun think Mississauga is a place. The CBC has it as a bomb in suburban Toronto.
Old May 25th 2018, 1:36 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
The Mystery is why ?
It has the hallmark of a family feud (why target the customers?); if it was a protection racket punishment for the owners they usually just bomb the place when it's closed or burn it down. Until they catch someone or shake a few facts loose there's no way to know. If it turns out to be political there will be hell to pay.
Old May 25th 2018, 1:39 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
The mystery is why the BBC and the Graun think Mississauga is a place. The CBC has it as a bomb in suburban Toronto.
That's a bit of a reach even for you, dbd. The BBC's opener is "Canadian police have launched a huge manhunt for two suspects who set off a homemade bomb at a restaurant in a Toronto suburb." The Graun, granted, leads with Mississauga, but by the end of the opening sentence it's been put in context: "More than a dozen people were injured after an improvised explosive device was detonated inside a restaurant in Mississauga, a Canadian city neighbouring Toronto."

I haven't eaten in that particular Bombay Bhel for several years, but the one on the border of Mississauga and Oakville is a good take-out standby. It does good veg dishes - mutter paneer, channa masala and a lovely dal makhni (especially if you let them know you don't need the spice blend "Canadianised.")

It seems an odd place to want to set off an IED. If it wasn't targeted at one or a few individuals, then picking a fairly ordinary chain restaurant with wide appeal beyond the south Asian demographic is a bizarre choice to make any sort of anti-immigrant or white supremacist point. Maybe it was some warped kind of dare?
Old May 25th 2018, 8:55 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

It might have been one of these "incel" idiots like the guy in the van.
Old May 25th 2018, 10:29 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

It's disheartening how so many 'outcasts' (or whatever that are) now choose to inflict mass carnage on innocent people. It was fairly shocking during the IRA troubles, but that was terrorism, and had a large motive (political statement, force change). I vaguely recall the 'McDonalds shooting' in the 80s (and how shocking that was) and now there seems to be events like that monthly.
Old May 27th 2018, 11:10 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
It's disheartening how so many 'outcasts' (or whatever that are) now choose to inflict mass carnage on innocent people. It was fairly shocking during the IRA troubles, but that was terrorism, and had a large motive (political statement, force change). I vaguely recall the 'McDonalds shooting' in the 80s (and how shocking that was) and now there seems to be events like that monthly.
I think the internet has unfortunately made it easier for socially awkward and unhappy people to communicate and that's had a knock on effect in some cases. I read the other day that the Incel movement in particular has gained an unusually high degree of traction in Canada due to a large number of young men who feel disillusioned with the way they think things have been going under Trudeau.
Old May 29th 2018, 10:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
The McD's shooting wasn't far from where I grew up. I was 5 at the time. At the time it was the deadliest mass shooting on record in the US, it now ranks the 7th worst. At the time there was a lot of hate towards his 2 daughters who were 11 and 12 I think at the time, they really didn't deserve the hate they received, it wasn't their fault and they were still kids. His wife always seemed a little off though, don't think she knew about his plans but she did know about the guns and his mental issues and anger issues. She even tried to sue McDonalds over the shooting.

Seems police in Ontario beleive one of the suspects is female.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/one-of...lice-1.3949523
Old May 30th 2018, 2:36 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
I haven't eaten in that particular Bombay Bhel for several years, but the one on the border of Mississauga and Oakville is a good take-out standby. It does good veg dishes - mutter paneer, channa masala and a lovely dal makhni (especially if you let them know you don't need the spice blend "Canadianised.")
How do we persuade this chain to move to Fredericton! Yum sounds lovely!

It has gone very quiet on the why, hasn't it. The thing that caught my attention what the 'who' - the CCTV shots of the men were incredible, I don't know why they even bothered to put them up - they were...possibly male? Definitely wearing all encompassing unmarked hoodies, with baseball caps underneath pulled down with no distinguishing features - no features at all that I could see, if someone asked me if it were anyone I knew, I'd probably think it possible.
Old May 30th 2018, 3:31 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
How do we persuade this chain to move to Fredericton! Yum sounds lovely!

It has gone very quiet on the why, hasn't it. The thing that caught my attention what the 'who' - the CCTV shots of the men were incredible, I don't know why they even bothered to put them up - they were...possibly male? Definitely wearing all encompassing unmarked hoodies, with baseball caps underneath pulled down with no distinguishing features - no features at all that I could see, if someone asked me if it were anyone I knew, I'd probably think it possible.
Or, as it turns out, possibly not! Police yesterday suggested that it's possible one of the suspects is female.