Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Missing The Eurovision Song Contest?

Missing The Eurovision Song Contest?

Old Feb 24th 2008, 1:03 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Missing The Eurovision Song Contest?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7261164.stm
Old Feb 24th 2008, 3:13 am
Jedi

andrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing The Eurovision Song Contest?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M1lIdd3VDBs

crikey
Old Feb 24th 2008, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

Happy_Feet will become famous soon enough

Yet another reason to be in Canada!
Old Feb 24th 2008, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Inse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond repute

From a country that claims Barack Obama as Irish, this does not surprise me at all!
Old Feb 24th 2008, 7:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

The idea of a nice piss-taking poppy ditty called "Irelande Douze Points" had potential - right up to the bit where he opened his beak

Missing the contest - like a hole in the head ....
Old Feb 25th 2008, 12:59 am
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Eurovision is one of my television highlights of the year - Terry Wogan's comments are ace and if you put the subtitles on you get a literal translation of all the songs sung in foreign which is hilarious.

WHERE CAN I SEE IT IN CALGARY???????
Old Feb 25th 2008, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Happy_Feet
Yet another reason to be in Canada!
Exactly!

The one here in Sweden is so stupendously bad it has me riveted to my seat and jaw nailed to the floor.

I'm trying to work out which is worse; the songs or the fact that I know some of the composers.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 2:13 am
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather gouge out my eyes with a rusty grapefruit spoon!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 3:14 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
Eurovision is one of my television highlights of the year - Terry Wogan's comments are ace and if you put the subtitles on you get a literal translation of all the songs sung in foreign which is hilarious.

WHERE CAN I SEE IT IN CALGARY???????
A (splendidly camp) colleague of my OH's used to host a Eurovision party every year. He made ever-more-detailed scorecards, with extra points for the number of random extras (dancers, contortionists, puppeteers, etc) on stage, removing parts of the costume during the performance, a bonus for a good cheesey keychange going into the final chorus, and of course the all-important "whose side were they on in the war?" category.

Gin-soaked enough to cope with the caterwauling on stage, and fortified by Wogan's acerbic put-downs, it was actually quite scary how closely our points coincided with the actual results.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:03 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

No, even though we are still in the UK I am managing to dodge it very nicely!

Charlie
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Rixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond repute

Last year I watched it from Canada.
On the main eurovision site they have a video feed and it the best quality one I've ever seen on the web