milton ont

Old Feb 18th 2009, 7:36 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: milton ont

Originally Posted by clynnog
So it isn't only me who likes to string these grifters along as they think they have a sale.
Oh no, it's a great irritation to my partner that I'll keep the conversation going as long as I possibly can. On Sunday the TD VISA saleswoman was with me the whole afternoon. The only harm you can do to them is to waste their time.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

pinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dbd33
Drove along Hepburn last night. Two rather grubby small kids playing beside the road, ball hockey game in progress on the road, bald man walking dog with the superior air of a professor of divinity. Property ranging from literal mansion to terraced houses in disrepair. Short walk over the river bridge to ice hockey arena, theatre, music and ballet lessons, pubs and restaurants. I've sold meself.
ha, i'll make sure to drive down there myself, sounds an interesting street! All the info been very helpful, wasn't expecting the reporter thing to interupt the flow! Does that happen often? I haven't got time to breathe at the moment, with 3 liitle kids in tow , half term at school and trying to dethread my life here and start the thread in canada (Guelph now!), to talk to some reporter!!
Old Feb 19th 2009, 11:41 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pinkkristen
Does that happen often?
I wouldn't say often but it does happen from time to time. The Star is a newspaper sold primarily to immigrants. It runs a lot of fluff stories about happy immigrants so I suppose finding someone on this board to gush about Canada gets the reporter a lot of column inches for not very much work.

Good luck in your search.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

bluefishman is an unknown quantity at this point

Well if they want to sponsor me to come over i'll gush about how good Canada is lol.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

BC15 is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't say often but it does happen from time to time. The Star is a newspaper sold primarily to immigrants. It runs a lot of fluff stories about happy immigrants so I suppose finding someone on this board to gush about Canada gets the reporter a lot of column inches for not very much work.

Good luck in your search.
How would you know? According to earlier posts you read the British Observer. You have time to read that and the Toronto Star and post posts at the rate you do?
Old Feb 21st 2009, 12:21 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by BC15
How would you know? According to earlier posts you read the British Observer. You have time to read that and the Toronto Star and post posts at the rate you do?
Not the Observer, no. I do read several papers in the real format or online, primarily the Gruaniad and the NYT. If I feel the need to check on local news, if, for example, I hear on the BBC that there's to be an election in Canada, then I glance at the Star. I also browse through it in the supermarket checkout line if the WWN lacks a grabbing headline. I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that one "reads" the Star anymore than one "reads" the NOTW but I do look at it now and then.

Are you another Star employee? If so I congratulate you on your syntax, if not your fact checking.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

supermarket checkout line if the WWN lacks a grabbing headline.
Don't tell me I've found another closet Ed Anger reader.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Anger
Old Feb 21st 2009, 10:19 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't say often either, I'd say every time.

I'm an immigrant so I do read the Star on line, mostly the sport sections and the TV listings. Occasionally they make an editorial comment of passing interest.

I think the paper is to be commended though for using its reporters to cold call gentlefolk throughout the GTA.

Beats outsourcing to Mumbai like the Globe or the Sun.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 10:23 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I wouldn't say often either, I'd say every time.

I'm an immigrant so I do read the Star on line, mostly the sport sections and the TV listings. Occasionally they make an editorial comment of passing interest.

I think the paper is to be commended though for using its reporters to cold call gentlefolk throughout the GTA.

Beats outsourcing to Mumbai like the Globe or the Sun.
You don't think the Star has outsourced its reporting to Mumbai? It certainly reads as if it has.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 2:00 pm
No time for muppets!

Mikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of light

Dundas I hate with a passion its an extention of the grizzly hammer!! Ancaster is nice but expensive and full of pre madonna portugeuse and Italians parading round their expesive houses all arrogant they live in Ancaster and such - not my cup of tea but if u dont mind that a nice place to live. Guelph is a nice town, like posts have said its a university town, close to 401 but enough removed, Milton I do quite like a couple of decent pubs in town and housing is a good price but I defo agree with comments made here its an urban nightmare at times and has grown way too quickly for the infrastructure in place.

Personally Id go for Bolton if you want removed a bit but good access to highways, its a nice size town with everything you need but isnt crazy busy and is 10/15 mins north of the 407.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 2:06 pm
No time for muppets!

Mikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of light

I spoke to them. I explained that I have a 1987 Land Cruiser with 135,000 miles on it. The salesman said that they usually try "to catch vehicles more quickly after they fall out of warranty" but he said he would speak to his manager to see what could be arranged. The manager came on the line and, after some blather, said that they'd make an exception and provide a warranty for $580/year. The $580 could be paid right then by credit card and I'd be immediately protected.
I had exactly the same thing too word for word, let him waste his 10 mins giving his spiel before telling him to politely do something to himself, was all rather entertaining for a Thurs at work!
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mikey B
I had exactly the same thing too word for word, let him waste his 10 mins giving his spiel before telling him to politely do something to himself, was all rather entertaining for a Thurs at work!
Looks like you and dbd33 have loads in common.....not sure if that is something you want to foster.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 7:26 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by clynnog
Looks like you and dbd33 have loads in common.....not sure if that is something you want to foster.
Not a love of Bolton though. Lots of ugly industry around there and it's very strip mall burbish except for 100 yards in each direction from the crossroads at the bottom of the hill.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not a love of Bolton though. Lots of ugly industry around there and it's very strip mall burbish except for 100 yards in each direction from the crossroads at the bottom of the hill.
Isn't there a quasi-decent pub on the east side of the road going down the hill before the crossroads...can't remember the name of it, but isn't as inbred as the Loretto Tavern.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:43 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Totally agree, and I live there..... Not where I would prefer to be but it is what works best for my chidren.

On the plus side, there are plently of little pockets that are nowhere near any of that. The area has plenty of money in it, due to the italian influence. It has all the shops you need (whether this is a plus or not is debateable).

Schools are good, the sub divisions have a happy family feel to them. There is plenty to do in the local area, lots for the children, good library. Everything is within easy reach skiing to the North, the airport to pick up visitors. OH works in Brampton it's a 30 minute commute for him.

Bolton is one of those places that does exactly what it says on the tin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.