Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Midlands Meet up?????

Midlands Meet up?????

Old May 13th 2008, 6:14 pm
Account Closed

saskia65 has a spectacular aura aboutsaskia65 has a spectacular aura aboutsaskia65 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Midlands Meet up?????

Originally Posted by gibbos1
Hi people, how you all doing, ok I hope.

So the 21st June has been confirmed at the date, which is a Saturday. Last few meet ups we have been to started at about 11am (ish), so I'll say same again and book it for 11am. Venue, the majority vote is for Broadway.

So Saturday 21st June at Broadway at 11am.

As for meeting place in Broadway, I will get back to you all. Need a carpark, with possible field. We can always have a walk around the village it's self, after we have all met up.

We will have a good turn out, if everyone turns up, about 20 ish adults and kids.

Cheers to all
Carl

Hey folks
I'm a Bucks girl, planning to make the move to BC, I gave up reading all the posts, is this the final date and venue, and may I join you guys too?

Sas
Old May 13th 2008, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

deanonlisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks,

just been wondering if anybody fancies another Midlands meet up? It's been a while and now the weather is getting a bit better, thought is was time to shake out the Canada flags and see who's interested.

Would be good to get numbers, locations and dates, so please come forward and let me know.

thanks to all,
regards,
Gibbo's (Carl)
Would love to come but afraid a bit far to travel !!!!!!
xx
Old May 13th 2008, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by deanonlisa
Would love to come but afraid a bit far to travel !!!!!!
xx
Alright, Alright, rub in the salt ) I'm just eating a Galaxy bar, I bet you'd love a square of that!

Yogi - (Gary )
Old May 13th 2008, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by saskia65
Hey folks
I'm a Bucks girl, planning to make the move to BC, I gave up reading all the posts, is this the final date and venue, and may I join you guys too?

Sas
Hello Sas,

You're more than welcome, and yes this is the date - time etc. If it changes, no doubt Gibbos will post new details.

Cheers

Yogi
Old May 13th 2008, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Yogi-Bear
Alright, Alright, rub in the salt ) I'm just eating a Galaxy bar, I bet you'd love a square of that!

Yogi - (Gary )
Your a wicked man!!!! dont you know how what we would give for a square of galaxy!!!! Dean will have you shipping it over trust me!
Old May 14th 2008, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

Yogi - (Gary )
For your info after 2 months of searching and nearly ending up looking like Augustus Gloop I have found the Canadian equivalent of Galaxy - its called Dove - bootiful. The only issue is the cost as its probably twice the price of Galaxy.
Old May 14th 2008, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by deanonlisa
For your info after 2 months of searching and nearly ending up looking like Augustus Gloop I have found the Canadian equivalent of Galaxy - its called Dove - bootiful. The only issue is the cost as its probably twice the price of Galaxy.
Hiya-

Well it's probably a good thing that it is twice the price. Otherwise, no doubt
whilst Dean's working, you'd end up looking this:

http://thecia.com.au/reviews/c/image...-factory-9.jpg

When we come over, we'll bring you a bar of the real thing and limit you to a square a day.

Sorry, I have to go my Galaxy is melting real quick -Hmmmmmmm

Yogi
Old May 14th 2008, 3:31 pm
Account Closed

saskia65 has a spectacular aura aboutsaskia65 has a spectacular aura aboutsaskia65 has a spectacular aura about

Hello Sas,

You're more than welcome, and yes this is the date - time etc. If it changes, no doubt Gibbos will post new details.

Cheers

Yogi
Cheers, will keep an eye on this thread.
Old May 14th 2008, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by saskia65
Cheers, will keep an eye on this thread.
Great! Ok Sas, look forward to meeting you then.

Yogi
Old May 14th 2008, 10:01 pm
JLT
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sutton Coldfield UK until I return to Toronto 2009 or earlier!!
JLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant future

Hi folks,

just been wondering if anybody fancies another Midlands meet up? It's been a while and now the weather is getting a bit better, thought is was time to shake out the Canada flags and see who's interested.

Would be good to get numbers, locations and dates, so please come forward and let me know.

thanks to all,
regards,
Gibbo's (Carl)

Hello Carl

If it is OK with you guys my daughter aged 17 and I would love to come along. We left to live in Toronto back in 96 with hubby and my two boys who are out there as I had to return back here for family reasons. If anyone has questions on living over there we would be more than happy to answer them if it would be of help somewhat.

Kindly confirm all the details for me when finalised.

Looking forward to the Meetup
Cheers
Jeanette
Old May 15th 2008, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Hi sas,

will be good to see you there, will post more details as we go. Going to be a good meet up, any questions you need answering, just ask away, sure there will be someone there that can answer it.

Will be in touch,
regards,
Carl
Old May 15th 2008, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

good morning Jeanette,

nice to hear from you. great idea to come along, actually having someone there that is "living the dream" will be great. I think there are a few new members going, that are just starting out, so they will be interested. Hope all is ok with the family side of things, thanks for replying.

Time, date and venue are pretty well fixed now, unless something comes up. I will be sending out my mobile number soon, to anybody that wants it.

thanks again,
regards,
Carl
Old May 15th 2008, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

hay folks,

just to let you know how and what this joker Yogi-Bear looks like. He's a very nice bloke and we get on well, he just likes to wind me up a bit. We have made some real nice friends in Yogi and his family and I'm sure you all recognize him, ( have met the dog as yet, but you never know at the meet up?).

Cheers Yogi
Attached Thumbnails Midlands Meet up?????-gary%2520rose.jpg  
Old May 15th 2008, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

hay folks,

just to let you know how and what this joker Yogi-Bear looks like. He's a very nice bloke and we get on well, he just likes to wind me up a bit. We have made some real nice friends in Yogi and his family and I'm sure you all recognize him, ( have met the dog as yet, but you never know at the meet up?).

Cheers Yogi
Lol Made me giggle. They say in life we all have a double somewhere, mine is obviously Bob.

I gave great thought to this, as you've always reminded me of someone and I could never quite think who it was - and then it dawned on me!

It's Brad Pitts older brother.......CESS!
Old May 15th 2008, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ha ha very good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.