Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Middle lane drivers: room 101 for them all!

Middle lane drivers: room 101 for them all!

Old Jul 25th 2012, 1:55 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Middle lane drivers: room 101 for them all!

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
Yes, but aren't you the one with the rather large insurance bill? I doubt it's associated with the car you drive or where you live.
Model of car is not a significant factor in rating cars in Canada. Location is.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 2:18 pm
Up Your Kilt

Hawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Actually, I hope that they brake sharply, lock up, swerve off the road and explode in a ball of flame.
Awesome comment, goes to show your mentality on the road - please don't venture out west.

Actually chances are that they misjudge what you're doing , tailgate too close, clip your back end sending you into a spin, swerving you off the road and you exploding into a ball of flame. Of course, I may be wrong but it should be at least a 50/50 chance. Good luck with your driving habits - in your mind your making a difference.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 2:34 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hawk13
Awesome comment, goes to show your mentality on the road - please don't venture out west.

Actually chances are that they misjudge what you're doing , tailgate too close, clip your back end sending you into a spin, swerving you off the road and you exploding into a ball of flame. Of course, I may be wrong but it should be at least a 50/50 chance. Good luck with your driving habits - in your mind your making a difference.
Since I'm either maintaining speed or accelerating slightly, the chances of clipping the back of my car are minimal unless they are so addled that they press the go pedal instead of the stop.

The other technique is to just slow down, thus inducing paroxysms of rage in the driver behind. Of course, when they switch to the inside lane, one speeds up again. You can have literally minutes of fun this way, albeit with a disappointingly lesser chance of the exploding ball of flame outcome. Still, it passes the time.

Oh, by the way, congratulations on not only being sanctimonius, but also demonstrating an utter lack of humour. Are you typical of the "out west" poster here?
Old Jul 25th 2012, 2:34 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

If its just the brake lights that come on, hes not going to slow down, so how is the tailgaiting jerk behind going to clip him when he slams on the anchors

Anyway, I agree that this kind of thing is agressive driving, and both parties are in the wrong.

It appears the law out west has some significant differences to what it is here, but there is a defacto difference between the law as written and the law as applied on the road by 99.9% of drivers and cops, certainly in Ontario. Stop signs and speed limits being just two examples.

Last edited by iaink; Jul 25th 2012 at 3:19 pm. Reason: To make jinks happy
Old Jul 25th 2012, 2:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
If its just the break lights that come on, hes not going to slow down, so how is the tailgaiting jerk behind going to clip him when he slams on the anchors

Anyway, I agree that this kind of thing is agressive driving, and both parties are in the wrong.

It appears the law out west has some significant differences to what it is here, but there is a defacto difference between the law as written and the law as applied on the road by 99.9% of drivers and cops, certainly in Ontario. Stop signs and speed limits being just two examples.
Stop signs and speed limit signs are just suggestions
Old Jul 25th 2012, 2:44 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
They must have been in front of these drivers
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Fou...779/story.html

Boy racers and parents money gotta love em.
It's just like living in the 1950's, don't you think? Maybe they were politely speeding.

Last edited by el_richo; Jul 25th 2012 at 2:47 pm. Reason: Missed a winky
Old Jul 25th 2012, 2:46 pm
Up Your Kilt

Hawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Oh, by the way, congratulations on not only being sanctimonius, but also demonstrating an utter lack of humour. Are you typical of the "out west" poster here?
Haha - good one. I think I have a pretty good sense of humour otherwise I wouldn't post on this forum. And for you and all the "brake touchers" out there that think you're going to get the tailgaters to back off - good luck, seriously. Hilarious.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 2:50 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Haha - good one. I think I have a pretty good sense of humour otherwise I wouldn't post on this forum. And for you and all the "brake touchers" out there that think you're going to get the tailgaters to back off - good luck, seriously. Hilarious.
That's the impression I get too, your sense of humour really stands out like a shining jewel of brilliance.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 3:15 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

People who use "breaks" instead of "brakes" should be put into Room 101.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 3:19 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
People who use "breaks" instead of "brakes" should be put into Room 101.
Do I need to post the grammar nazi picture again
Old Jul 25th 2012, 3:20 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Do I need to post the grammar nazi picture again
Mis-spelling "brakes" has nothing to do with grammar.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ramsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really nice

Originally Posted by dbd33
Model of car is not a significant factor in rating cars in Canada. Location is.
I'd disagree.... At least in Alberta.....

My Ford Focus costs 50% more for Collision Insurance than my Jeep Compass, despite being half the price.... All because of the ratings.

Agreed, driving/claims history and location are bigger factors, but car model can be significant.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 3:36 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Mis-spelling "brakes" has nothing to do with grammar.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 11:06 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's always worked for me
Old Jul 25th 2012, 11:08 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
It's not always your driving skills that are important. There's at least one more person/auto in the equation.
Really? Wow hadn't realized that !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.