Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Mid Life Crisis Question

Mid Life Crisis Question

Old Jul 13th 2006, 12:56 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mid Life Crisis Question

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas

I would love to rob a bank with koogar!

well, that should slow me down a tad at immigration.
thanks ro
Old Jul 13th 2006, 12:57 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Souvenir
I shouldn't really be on either side the tracks. I have lots of work to do and not much time to do it. I just can't work up the enthusiasm. Must be having a mid-life crisis or something.

Did you get my PM, by the way?
Yes, sorry for the delayed response. I'm behind in answering my PMs.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 1:00 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

I would love to rob a bank with koogar!

And what would this crime duo be called? How about "The Loan Arranger and Chemo-Wasabi"?
Old Jul 13th 2006, 1:03 pm
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Me too! I would love to rob a bank.

Old Jul 13th 2006, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by koogar
well, that should slow me down a tad at immigration.
thanks ro

Bienvenue au Canada... <snapping of rubber gloves>
Old Jul 13th 2006, 1:21 pm
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Bienvenue au Canada... <snapping of rubber gloves>
I knew a guy who tried to smuggle some marijuana from Jamaica to Canada and got caught at the Kingston airport (cue rubber gloves here). He ended up spending a year in a Jamaican jail. When he returned home for years afterward everybody called him red ass behind his back. LOL :scared:
Old Jul 13th 2006, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Souvenir
And what would this crime duo be called? How about "The Loan Arranger and Chemo-Wasabi"?
Old Jul 13th 2006, 8:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

I love this thread....come on folks lets see some more responses from young and old alike about this question!
Old Jul 14th 2006, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

pinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to all

I wanted to be a groupie.............

Originally Posted by willmore
I love this thread....come on folks lets see some more responses from young and old alike about this question!
Old Jul 14th 2006, 9:43 am
Will work for shoes.....

wonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
When i first left school i wanted to work with children so trained and qualified as a nursery nurse, soon discovered that as a young lady supporting herself this didn't pay the bills, so started working in admin for various companys (inland revenue/banks etc) but also took lots of P/T jobs to pay the rent, in the past i have waited tables, worked as a barmaid, cleaned, cooked, worked with old folks, worked in a shop, been a casual for a painter and decorater and done market research, Reality now............. i am a full time mummy and domestic godess, who also makes a little money buying and selling on ebay, The future.........who knows ??

Last edited by wonderwoman; Jul 14th 2006 at 10:21 am. Reason: Changed my mind about listing one of my jobs.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 10:43 am
Having a blonde moment

Britjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of light

Well originally I wanted to be a nun.

Then around 14 I decided I'd rather be an astrophysicist (bit of a fixation on Carl Sagan). Flunked physics so gave up on that dream.

Studied Russian because I wanted to be a translator. Ended up working for the civil service at GCHQ.

Then at 26 wanted to be a lawyer. Kids got in the way so put that dream on hold. Now at the age of 38 I've finished the academics, and will hopefully be a trainee solicitor in the next 12 months, so I've nearly achieved that dream.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 3:21 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A space cadet......
Obviously, I fulfilled my every childhood dream

Rich.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 7:31 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Long story.

Left school at 15 no career aspirations went to work as office boy in estate agents. Had I stayed there I probably would have trained as a draftsman.

Left England at 16 came to Canada.

First job in Canada order clerk in a magazine and paperback book wholesalers. Left there took some book keeping and accounting training.

Started working at Shell Canada as mail room clerk and general office boy. Transferred into exploration department as assistant to a geophysicist worked there for almost five years. Got laid off when Shell moved from Edmonton to Calgary.

Applied for Air Traffic Control went through interview process got turned down on educational grounds. Turned out the what Shell had considered equivalent to first year university, Alberta Education considered to be grade nine. I had only completed nine years of formal education in England.

Quite a shock to say the least.

Went back to school, now aged 24 and married. I was the oldest student in a regular high school in Edmonton. Got my grade twelve in nine months.

Re-applied for Air Traffic Control got accepted and was a controller for thirty years retiring in 2004.

Absolutely loved ATC, when you finished a shift it was done and you could forget it. Come in the next day and everything was different, nothing on your desk left over from yesterday. No two days ever the same, my dream job.

Now I have an even better one, I'm retired and get to spend a great deal of time with my best friend and partner, Mrs. H
Old Jul 14th 2006, 7:34 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hangman
Absolutely loved ATC, .................................................. ., my dream job.

Now I have an even better one, I'm retired and get to spend a great deal of time with my best friend and partner, Mrs. H
You REALLY are a soppy old git aren't ya.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 7:37 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
You REALLY are a soppy old git aren't ya.
Yeah, but you love me anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.