Reload this Page >

Mid Life Crisis Question

Mid Life Crisis Question

Old Jul 13th 2006, 11:44 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mid Life Crisis Question

Originally Posted by Voyager970
MMMMMMMMMM

When growing up as a lad in the ghettos of Glasgow I always dreamed of being an airline pilot

My dad was and Army instrutor in car mechanics in the R.E.M.E. ( Army ) and I was always working on cars with my dad from a very young age.

So before I left school I tried to get into the R.E.M.E. ( Royal Electrical Mechanical Engineers ) where my dad was a staff seargent instructor in Vehicle Mechanics.
I failed the entrance exam by 2 points and was offered The Royal Engineers, my dads reply was that they were a bunch of useless poofters who knew nothing about mechanics !!!!!!

So left school and went and started my appenticeship as a motor mechanic and there I was until I finished my City and Guilds !!!

Left there as soon as my time was up and went into welding as the money was rubbish as a newly qualified mechanic !!
Stayed there until 1995 when work as a welder was sparce and joined the prison service, and there I am today

So from nearly being in the army, to being a car mechanic in civvy street, to being a welder, to being a screw ( slang for prison officer ) !!!
PS also work part time as HGV Class one driver ( driving arcticulated trucks )

So on day I will get my pilots wings, and I will do it !!!!!

Eddie
I used to work with a couple of ex REME captains. Total pillocks. Maybe that's just something to do with being a captain.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 11:47 am
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
I used to work with a couple of ex REME captains. Total pillocks. Maybe that's just something to do with being a captain.
I would say they were the paper pushers of the REME, not to sure !!!

Not the shop floor guys, the guys who did the job !!!!

Eddie
Old Jul 13th 2006, 11:51 am

I would say they were the paper pushers of the REME, not to sure !!!

Not the shop floor guys, the guys who did the job !!!!

Eddie
Who knows? My missus is pretty dismissive of captains in general. And majors, since she got promoted.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 12:16 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

MMMMMMMMMM

When growing up as a lad in the ghettos of Glasgow I always dreamed of being an airline pilot

My dad was and Army instrutor in car mechanics in the R.E.M.E. ( Army ) and I was always working on cars with my dad from a very young age.

So before I left school I tried to get into the R.E.M.E. ( Royal Electrical Mechanical Engineers ) where my dad was a staff seargent instructor in Vehicle Mechanics.
I failed the entrance exam by 2 points and was offered The Royal Engineers, my dads reply was that they were a bunch of useless poofters who knew nothing about mechanics !!!!!!

So left school and went and started my appenticeship as a motor mechanic and there I was until I finished my City and Guilds !!!

Left there as soon as my time was up and went into welding as the money was rubbish as a newly qualified mechanic !!
Stayed there until 1995 when work as a welder was sparce and joined the prison service, and there I am today

So from nearly being in the army, to being a car mechanic in civvy street, to being a welder, to being a screw ( slang for prison officer ) !!!
PS also work part time as HGV Class one driver ( driving arcticulated trucks )

So on day I will get my pilots wings, and I will do it !!!!!

Eddie
do it eddie.
the only bigger buzz I've found to flying something is jumpin out of it.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by koogar
do it eddie.
the only bigger buzz I've found to flying something is jumpin out of it.
That must scare the crap out of your passengers.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 12:26 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

If my passengers were crapping all over the place, I'd jump too.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
If my passengers were crapping all over the place, I'd jump too.
That didn't make sense, I just woke up.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 12:29 pm

That didn't make sense, I just woke up.
Mornin' dear.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 12:33 pm

Mornin' dear.
Good morning Souvenir. Nice to see you on this side of the tracks.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 12:35 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

You just reminded me of somethin there souv.
Just after I learned to skydive in new zealand in 1994, they held an attempt at the new zealand freefall formation record in new plymouth, where I'd learned.
Loads of skydivers came from all over new zealand, and obviously, most didn't know most of the others.
On the first lift, everyone piled into the plane and patiently waited for it to climb to 12000 feet where they would jump out.
As the plane reached the exit point, the pilot duely throttled back the engines, and jumped out. This obviously caused quite a stir amongst the remaining passengers who proceeded to trample each other in an attempt to get out the door.
The last skydiver on the plane was also from our skydiving club, and as we knew, was also a pilot. But none of the other people knew until they saw the plane landed safely and realised the ruse.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 12:39 pm

The last skydiver on the plane was also from our skydiving club, and as we knew, was also a pilot. But none of the other people knew until they saw the plane landed safely and realised the ruse.
:scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Jul 13th 2006, 12:42 pm

Good morning Souvenir. Nice to see you on this side of the tracks.
I shouldn't really be on either side the tracks. I have lots of work to do and not much time to do it. I just can't work up the enthusiasm. Must be having a mid-life crisis or something.

Did you get my PM, by the way?
Old Jul 13th 2006, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Deer Hunter
Though I must say even nowadays being an international art thief or outback bank robber does hold it's appeal (mistress is out now that I'm married). Anyone know where to get training for that?
Me too! I would love to rob a bank.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 12:48 pm
Whatacomplete Member

Me too! I would love to rob a bank.
a little louder please ro. not sure if the FBI quite caught that......
Old Jul 13th 2006, 12:52 pm

a little louder please ro. not sure if the FBI quite caught that......

I would love to rob a bank with koogar!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.