British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Merry Christmas! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/merry-christmas-929989/)

Siouxie Dec 25th 2019 12:11 am

Merry Christmas!

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas! May your Yuletide be filled with love, laughter and jollity - and perhaps a bit of chocolate or a wee drink :D

Have a wonderful one.. where ever you may be!

BristolUK Dec 25th 2019 1:45 am

Re: Merry Christmas!

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...a1df0f3007.jpg

:lol:

Lorna at Vicenza Dec 25th 2019 9:09 am

Merry Christmas everyone. Have fun! xxxxx

Rete Dec 25th 2019 11:41 am

Merry Christmas one and all.

Enjoy your celebration!

theotherlebowski Dec 25th 2019 1:25 pm

Merry Xmas! Hoping the next one is in Canada!

Pica Dec 25th 2019 2:11 pm

Merry Christmas to all from Abruzzo. x

Danny B Dec 25th 2019 2:53 pm

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...067a493b8b.jpg

dave_j Dec 25th 2019 5:19 pm

Merry Christmas to you all...
I'm having so much fun that I'm missing Brexit already.....
But.. like London buses, there'll be another one along shortly, can't wait...

Canuck74 Dec 25th 2019 6:08 pm

Merry Christmas!

scrubbedexpat091 Dec 25th 2019 6:44 pm

:xmaspressie:

Piff Poff Dec 26th 2019 5:13 am

Merry Christmas to you all.

MillieF Dec 26th 2019 9:25 pm

A very Merry Christmas to all of you too. We turned our phones off and left the world to go and sort itself out! It did and it was good.

I'm not getting an Oscar, but... really want to thank so very many people from BE who have been nice to me since I started this rubbish 10 years ago...from a less than stellar situation...I have had help, and mental hugs and all sorts of comfort from BE members when it's mattered!

I'm now a sassy Easterner? Who has a new snowblower, that she ordered herself, I can run it and start it myself - I'm in charge of my life, and me...but it has taken time to get here. I would never have arrived without you lot! I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you!

:thumbup:

Here's to the roaring '20's!

BristolUK Dec 26th 2019 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by MillieF (Post 12782488)
I'm now a sassy Easterner? Who has a new snowblower, that she ordered herself, I can run it and start it myself -

I never got up the nerve to even consider one. :ohmy:
What did you do with the toy one from a few years ago? ;)

scrubbedexpat091 Dec 26th 2019 10:38 pm

If we have roaring 20's hope we don't have doom and gloom 30's....Hard to believe its 20 years into the 2000's already, seems like yesterday 2000 was here. The 2nd 20 years of life sure does go faster compared to the first 20, scared to think how fast the next 20 will be..

If I lived where it snowed a lot and had to clear snow, snow blower would be my first big purchase, seems the best way to clear the stuff if you gotta do it more then once a winter.

Originally Posted by MillieF (Post 12782488)
A very Merry Christmas to all of you too. We turned our phones off and left the world to go and sort itself out! It did and it was good.

I'm not getting an Oscar, but... really want to thank so very many people from BE who have been nice to me since I started this rubbish 10 years ago...from a less than stellar situation...I have had help, and mental hugs and all sorts of comfort from BE members when it's mattered!

I'm now a sassy Easterner? Who has a new snowblower, that she ordered herself, I can run it and start it myself - I'm in charge of my life, and me...but it has taken time to get here. I would never have arrived without you lot! I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you!

:thumbup:

Here's to the roaring '20's!

BristolUK Dec 26th 2019 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 (Post 12782504)
If I lived where it snowed a lot and had to clear snow, snow blower would be my first big purchase, seems the best way to clear the stuff if you gotta do it more then once a winter.

We - stepson and me - managed okay for ten years with just a snow-shovel each and large parts of that was just me while he was at school. People across the road do the same. Needs a routine.

Much more than the steps is too much for me now. Luckily our driveway has room to just push the snow to the end so I pay a guy with a blade to do it. I just 'tidy' up the edges after he's gone. Most in our street do it themselves - shovelling. Only a couple have their own snowblowers and 4 or 5 have contractors that turn up to blow it. That's more expensive than just having it plowed up the drive.

Even if operating a snow blower didn't scare me, I'd need to use up a fair bit of effort being able to get to the garage to get it out. Either wading through snow the length of the drive or digging through it to get to the door. It almost defeats the object.

Anyone considering buying a particular house needs to stand back, imagine a foot of snow everywhere plus the much bigger ridge across the drive (from the city plow) and work out how they might clear it. There needs to be room to push/pile it or somewhere to blow it.