Men's health

Old Oct 30th 2016, 12:59 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Men's health

Originally Posted by Mr Bean
I try and get in at least once a month for a check up.
Now that is just plain masochistic and weird

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Nothing boring about that.

Doc did routine blood tests "because I was 50" (as well as ordering colonoscopy) and that picked up the diabetes. 24 or 27 if I recall correctly.
All nicely under control now though and I have quarterly blood work for A1C and cholesterol.
Holy crap, you must have been peeing about as much sugar out as a large bottle of Pepsi

Originally Posted by Oink
They're not for you.
They are sometimes the only thing that gets us through the day before 'beer-o'clock '
Old Oct 30th 2016, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Whoever it was that mentioned they got a flushot, why would you do that to yourself? Seriously.
Old Oct 30th 2016, 2:13 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuabroad
Whoever it was that mentioned they got a flushot, why would you do that to yourself? Seriously.
Meaning??
Old Oct 30th 2016, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Meaning??
What's the confusion...? Rather than waste your money on profits for the pharmaceutical industry whilst simultaneously filling your body with man-made toxins - spend your money instead on some garlic, green tea, ginger, tumeric...and many other natural ingredients that have been around for millions of years known for their virus fighting capability. Instead of me ranting about it at length, go research:

20 Reasons Why The Flu Shot Is More Dangerous Than The Flu - Wellness Achiever

Flu vaccine facts they don't want you to know about - NaturalNews.com
Old Oct 30th 2016, 2:42 am
I need a walk

What's the confusion...? Rather than waste your money on profits for the pharmaceutical industry whilst simultaneously filling your body with man-made toxins - spend your money instead on some garlic, green tea, ginger, tumeric...and many other natural ingredients that have been around for millions of years known for their virus fighting capability. Instead of me ranting about it at length, go research:

20 Reasons Why The Flu Shot Is More Dangerous Than The Flu - Wellness Achiever

Flu vaccine facts they don't want you to know about - NaturalNews.com

"Go research" - priceless
Wellness achiever and NaturalNews.com, those well recognised and evidence based sources of information. Sod the Lancet and the NEJM, they are in cahoots with the nasty "Big Pharma" what do they know??

Don't forget your Naturopath appointment on Monday Stu, I think that your hormones are out of balance, and your adrenals... never mind fatigued, they look totally knackered from here
Old Oct 30th 2016, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

"Go research" - priceless
Wellness achiever and NaturalNews.com, those well recognised and evidence based sources of information. Sod the Lancet and the NEJM, they are in cahoots with the nasty "Big Pharma" what do they know??

Don't forget your Naturopath appointment on Monday Stu, I think that your hormones are out of balance, and your adrenals... never mind fatigued, they look totally knackered from here
AHHH Yes those two sources of unbiased Establishment rhetoric. I think you'll find that most junior doctors and GPs do NOT get taught much about natural medicine in their training. Go ask one. It's hardly surprising either that well established journals do not detour from what they've been peddling for decades. In the same way that most senior archaeologists or historians find changing their approach to existing doctrine to be anathema despite constantly evolving science and new evidence.

Perhaps a dose of healthy skepticism rather than blind acceptance might be a timely prescription for you.
Old Oct 30th 2016, 2:58 am
I need a walk

AHHH Yes those two sources of unbiased Establishment rhetoric. I think you'll find that most junior doctors and GPs do NOT get taught much about natural medicine in their training. Go ask one. It's hardly surprising either that well established journals do not detour from what they've been peddling for decades. In the same way that most senior archaeologists or historians find changing their approach to existing doctrine to be anathema despite constantly evolving science and new evidence.

Perhaps a dose of healthy skepticism rather than blind acceptance might be a timely prescription for you.
No we don't get taught about quackery as we have to learn about proper medicine and how to help them medically and not financially rip them off. Dont try and lecture me about "my blind acceptance", you know nothing about me. You do know that I am a proper doctor don't you? I don't need to "ask one"- not someone who laughably calls themselves a doctor by virtue of their "ND"...Nearly an MD in spelling but light years away from being a real doctor.

Please feel free to pursue whatever weird and wonderful unproven therapies that you wish to, it is then called natural selection- but don't lecture us about conspiracy theories and quote anecodatal quack websites as the source of your evidence, it doesn't hold up.

There... just wasted 5 minutes of my time replying to a nutjob...note to myself, little point in rising to the bait of a troll

Last edited by Stinkypup; Oct 30th 2016 at 3:18 am. Reason: Make that 7 minutes
Old Oct 30th 2016, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

No we don't get taught about quackery as we have to learn about proper medicine and how to help them medically and not financially rip them off. Dont try and lecture me about "my blind acceptance", you know nothing about me.

Please feel free to pursue whatever weird and wonderful unproven therapies that you wish to, it is then called natural selection- but don't lecture us about conspiracy theories and quote anecodatal quack websites as the source of your evidence, it doesn't hold up.

There... just wasted 5 minutes of my time replying to a nutjob...note to myself, little point in rising to the bait of a troll
You amuse me. Good luck with your narrow world view lol
Old Oct 30th 2016, 4:18 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Rectum?
Rectum? Damn near killed 'em!

(old joke, sorry)

Old Oct 30th 2016, 4:25 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Well it didn't do them any good.

Originally Posted by Siouxie

(old joke, sorry)

Oh dear Lawd... Thanks Siouxie for that, sorry Bristol, that went right over my head... Clearly I need to boost my brainpower with tincture of tadpole wee
Old Oct 30th 2016, 6:46 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

With regard to PSA screening, it is simply a screening tool, one has to put it into context with clinical findings in appropriate individuals. I think it is entirely appropriate to carry out PSA screening with if necessary clinical examination in men over 50 or sometimes younger if there is a strong family history of prostate cancer. Typically, it isn't the absolute PSA value that is important, it is an upward trend that one needs to be concerned about.I think it is a waste of resources to screen younger populations. Obviously if the initial PSA is high then it has significant clinical relevance but there are certainly several benign causes of elevated PSA without a diagnosis of prostate cancer

e :
Excellent post, thank you.
Old Oct 30th 2016, 6:48 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Three words, Stu:

Steve Jobs, death.

Go research !
Old Oct 30th 2016, 12:04 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Anti-vacc'rs who keep their kids from getting shots are going to be the source of huge profits for doctors and big pharma as each new epidemic comes along. Historic records prove how inadequate the human immune system can be.
Old Oct 30th 2016, 12:40 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Do you also believe the moon landings were fake and the US government was behind 9/11?
Old Oct 30th 2016, 12:42 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie

(old joke, sorry)

And one already done upthread

Great minds and all that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.