Wikiposts

Medals sweepstake

Old Jan 18th 2010, 6:16 am
BE Troll

Lord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medals sweepstake

The Russians claim to have invented hockey as well as about 3 or 4 places in Canada. But it doesn't matter at the end of the day.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 6:40 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be cheering on the British team and hoping the Canadians lose.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 9:02 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Outside chances of minor places in ....short track speed skating
I went to the short track world cup race in Vancouver last year. I think an "outside" chance is being very generous. "Down at the bottom of the car park behind the bike sheds" is closer to the mark.

In that event the finals and the medals were dominated by Japan, China, Korea, Canada and the USA. Korea had the strongest team by far.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 10:22 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

No GB team in the Ice hockey

Oh well will be interesting to see how we do and will root for them . ..
Old Jan 18th 2010, 10:47 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
No GB team in the Ice hockey

Oh well will be interesting to see how we do and will root for them . ..
There is on my Xbox NHL game and with a bit of fiddling with the settings, they always win.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 11:02 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
There is on my Xbox NHL game and with a bit of fiddling with the settings, they always win.
There is a vancouver 2010 game out - though it's supposed to be pretty lame.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by Alan2005
There is a vancouver 2010 game out - though it's supposed to be pretty lame.
I've only got NHL 2006 which is pretty crap also. There's a guy on the British team whose name is Blair and he scores most of the goals.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 4:56 am
Procrastinating

Hobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud of

I'll be cheering for both of my "home" teams. Would like to see Team GB get a few medals and think we have a few chances.

Will be cheering haarrrrdd (pun intended) for the Scottish/GB curling men's team. Not only because they come from my home-town and I went to school and curled with 2 of them, but also because Kevin Martin is by all accounts a bit of an ar$e.

Would also like to cheer for the girls team but think they are a tad young this year, see them finishing middle of the pack.

After that it's more or less Canada all the way, until I see a wee British flag at the bottom of the screen.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 4:23 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

I want this chap to win a medal . . .http://www.latimes.com/sports/nation...,1942364.story
Old Jan 28th 2010, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
I want this chap to win a medal . . .http://www.latimes.com/sports/nation...,1942364.story
The African Eddie the Eagle. There's always one for the sponsors.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 6:50 am
half a century

They call him the Snow Leopard - fab outfit - I want one!
Old Jan 28th 2010, 7:42 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

I got to hold a (used) Olympic torch on Tuesday.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by JonboyE
I got to hold a (used) Olympic torch on Tuesday.
Was it still warm?
Old Jan 28th 2010, 7:56 am
Binned by Muderators

Originally Posted by Oink
Was it still warm?
Nope. Carried in the morning in Kelowna. It didn't make it back to Richmond till the afternoon. They take the fuel out before it is allowed on a plane. The Westjet trolly dolly insisted on a photo with the torch, which would have cheered my mate up if his wife wasn't there keeping an eye on him
Old Jan 28th 2010, 8:13 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Nope. Carried in the morning in Kelowna. It didn't make it back to Richmond till the afternoon. They take the fuel out before it is allowed on a plane. The Westjet trolly dolly insisted on a photo with the torch, which would have cheered my mate up if his wife wasn't there keeping an eye on him
I didn't get to hold one, but we did get a pretty fabulous photo-op in Oakville in early Dec, waiting for the handover to Adam Van Koeverden, gold-medal-winning Olympic flatwater kayaker. He was supposed to be paddling up the river to his canoe club, but that was one of the few really cold days this winter (can you tell by the look of joy on daughter's face?) and it was frozen - we happened to be in exactly the right place when the organizing committee changed the route.
Attached Thumbnails Medals sweepstake-a_van_k_olympic_torch.jpg  

Last edited by Oakvillian; Jan 28th 2010 at 8:17 am. Reason: borked attachment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.