Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Mass shooting in Texas

Mass shooting in Texas

Old Nov 8th 2017, 6:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mass shooting in Texas

Originally Posted by sharkus
Not about guns? yeah right. Perhaps if there were better rules around guns then this kind of thing might not happen, as, well, people might not have guns.

It does irk when you get the morons going on about the 2nd amendment and how you cannot change it, blissfully unaware of what the the "2nd" and "amendment" words actually mean, and that there could be another amendment to change things.

Has the phrase "lone wolf" been mentioned yet? How many times has "thoughts and prayers" been blurted out? (personally speaking, thoughts and prayers don't make any difference to this, and in this particular case, if prayers to a higher power are meant to help, then why didn't that higher power do something to prevent their followers from being killed?)

Yes, it is sad that it has happened, and yes, it could be friends or family of ours whom are affected, but to be quite blunt here, I'm just somewhat, well, "meh", about this kind of thing, as it seems to be a monthly occurrence, and nothing is ever actually done about it, nor do I suspect it will be in the foreseeable future. Oh, of course as soon as anyone I directly know is affected, you can be sure I might speak up, so it's a bit hypocritical of me.
Yes those folks are annoying, and agreed it can be changed and should be changed, however it's very difficult to do so and I don't see having enough states on board to do so in the current make up of politics of the 50 states.

If I recall 38 states would need to agree.
Old Nov 8th 2017, 4:00 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

I've come to the conclusion that arguing the case for sensible american gun ownership is a complete waste of time. It is what it is, they have what they have and nothing will change.

Those red white and blue turkeys have not only voted for christmas but they're queueing up to throw themselves onto the block, to chop their own heads off and to leap headless into the oven... Of course there are some that survive, there always are, they're the ones who see christmas for what it is and do well from selling cooked turkey.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

jerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
I've come to the conclusion that arguing the case for sensible american gun ownership is a complete waste of time. It is what it is, they have what they have and nothing will change.

Those red white and blue turkeys have not only voted for christmas but they're queueing up to throw themselves onto the block, to chop their own heads off and to leap headless into the oven... Of course there are some that survive, there always are, they're the ones who see christmas for what it is and do well from selling cooked turkey.
I completely and thorougly concur. If anything, you (me) will get abused off my high horse and presented with such illogical logic that I will be reaching for a weapon* of my own

*preferred choice: a garden stick
Old Nov 10th 2017, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

jerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Thrill of the kill. Sometimes/always even "normal" people snap.
NYT:

Are Mass Murderers Insane? Usually Not, Researchers Say https://nyti.ms/2j9XCtH
Old Nov 10th 2017, 10:54 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Whoever saw that coming?
Just to let people know, I have registered copyright of "mass shooting in Texas" and anyone using the expression in future will need to pay me the appropriate fee.

I anticipate becoming very rich from this. Can anyone recommend a good accountant not tainted by the Panama or Paradise papers?
Old Nov 10th 2017, 3:26 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I anticipate becoming very rich from this. Can anyone recommend a good accountant not tainted by the Panama or Paradise papers?
No. They're all smeared.. every one..