British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Masks (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/masks-932491/)

Former Lancastrian May 13th 2022 9:43 pm

Re: Masks

I am more concerned with the people who manage to pee or poop on their hands how do they manage this?

Paul_Shepherd May 16th 2022 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Danny B (Post 13114671)
Masks didn't stop it in 2020
Vaccines didn't stop it in 2021
Masks and vaccines combined didn't stop it in 2022.
Masks, vaccines & social distancing is probably the only solution but how long can the world keep that up?

Sometimes you have to take a risk and get on with life.

Yes, as many of us have said, its time to move on.

I went to see a great band play at the pub on Saturday night... everyone just seemed to go wild... and most I spoke to, just kept saying its just great to be out again totally unrestricted, unencumbered... people seemed to be in such a euphoric mood.... absolutely fantastic atmospshere!

BristolUK May 16th 2022 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd (Post 13115338)

I went to see a great band play at the pub on Saturday night... everyone just seemed to go wild... and most I spoke to, just kept saying its just great to be out again totally unrestricted, unencumbered... people seemed to be in such a euphoric mood.... absolutely fantastic atmospshere!

You might get a different outlook in places like the ICUs, family rooms and so on.

bats May 16th 2022 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd (Post 13115338)

Peterborough?? HIgh Risk
https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrI...b240c9ad8780d8

Paul_Shepherd May 16th 2022 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13115361)
You might get a different outlook in places like the ICUs, family rooms and so on.

I wouldn't disagree, and Im sure no one would be seen without a mask in places like that, which makes total sense, plus the same people wouldny be going to a busy pub on a Saturday night.

Originally Posted by bats (Post 13115373)

I thought it had significantly lowered now.... we have all been called back into the office this week, I have had covid anyway and 3 vaccinations.... in fact most if the office has.

BristolUK May 16th 2022 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd (Post 13115376)
I thought it had significantly lowered now.... we have all been called back into the office this week, I have had covid anyway and 3 vaccinations.... in fact most if the office has.

Keep your eye out for long covid. Especially as it's now been confirmed it's as likely to follow a mild case/low covid load as it is from a more severe case. :(

printer May 17th 2022 1:37 am

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd (Post 13115376)
I wouldn't disagree, and Im sure no one would be seen without a mask in places like that, which makes total sense, plus the same people wouldny be going to a busy pub on a Saturday night.

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13115361)

It seems that places like that are the places where we are seeing outbreaks. Today our hospital declares outbreak on a surgical ward, 11 patients, 11 staff. Added to this there are other outbreaks listed in Kelowna, Vernon and Penticton all of which are in long term care facilities. There have been no outbreaks declared in any local pubs, bars, restaurants, council offices, libraries, banks, shopping malls or grocery stores to my knowledge.

bats May 17th 2022 6:59 am

Originally Posted by printer (Post 13115412)
It seems that places like that are the places where we are seeing outbreaks. Today our hospital declares outbreak on a surgical ward, 11 patients, 11 staff. Added to this there are other outbreaks listed in Kelowna, Vernon and Penticton all of which are in long term care facilities. There have been no outbreaks declared in any local pubs, bars, restaurants, council offices, libraries, banks, shopping malls or grocery stores to my knowledge.

there certainly were in Ontario but now that testing isn't being done/monitored unless the patient is ill enough to require medical treatment there is no way to assess the current extent. I don't even think that they are doing any case tracking now.

BristolUK May 17th 2022 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by bats (Post 13115431)
there certainly were in Ontario but now that testing isn't being done/monitored unless the patient is ill enough to require medical treatment there is no way to assess the current extent. I don't even think that they are doing any case tracking now.

I think that's pretty much the same everywhere now.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...4bcbfef28c.jpg

printer May 17th 2022 10:24 pm

Just saw this on our local online media from some modelling expert and i quote:
The sixth wave of COVID-19 that has spread through the province has peaked and started its decline, according to a member of the B.C. COVID-19 Modelling Group.
However she goes on to say:
If people have the sense that many around them are getting or have recently had COVID-19 it’s because we’re dropping from sky-high levels to almost sky-high, she said.

Otto said she wouldn’t count on a summer reprieve.
So we are only in "almost sky high" and not "sky high" :lol: Where do they find these "experts"?

BristolUK May 17th 2022 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by printer (Post 13115640)
So we are only in "almost sky high" and not "sky high" :lol: Where do they find these "experts"?

Sky News? :rofl:

Paul_Shepherd May 18th 2022 11:30 am

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13115384)
Keep your eye out for long covid. Especially as it's now been confirmed it's as likely to follow a mild case/low covid load as it is from a more severe case. :(

yeah, I think I have had some of that, I lost a lot of my sense of taste and smell after covid.... it was still there, but nothing was quite the same, it was like that for about 2 or 3 weeks, its better now, but I still have the odd occasion where it doesn't seem right...

bats May 18th 2022 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd (Post 13115758)
yeah, I think I have had some of that, I lost a lot of my sense of taste and smell after covid.... it was still there, but nothing was quite the same, it was like that for about 2 or 3 weeks, its better now, but I still have the odd occasion where it doesn't seem right...

I hope you don't have it as the effects go on for months and can be debilitating.

Paul_Shepherd May 19th 2022 10:14 am

Originally Posted by bats (Post 13115995)
I hope you don't have it as the effects go on for months and can be debilitating.

I hope not either..it sounds nasty. I think it was probably just some lingering effects of it still in my system... I have felt fine recently, with no noticeable differences to my health.