Masks

Old Mar 29th 2022, 11:22 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Masks

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
...how can you wear a mask at a music concert?
Originally Posted by dbd33
You can do it if you listen with your ears and not your mouth or nose.
My stepdaughter read an item from the paper today about a 13 year old girl attending a concert wearing noise cancelling headphones and sunglasses.

Mid you, it was a Justin Bieber performance.

(and there were medical (not covid) reasons)
Old Mar 29th 2022, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

ArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
That's a long post of false equivalence. Still, you're vaxxed, right? That's all that matters.
Would you like me to upload my Manitoba immunization card?

My vaccination status isn't the point. I am fully vaccinated which is why I get to fly back to the UK on May 1st.

It just gets exhausting when people are forced into something that it potentially harmful to an individual based upon fear and nothing else.

The illusion of evidence based medicine | The BMJ (Again this is peer reviewed, doesn't only apply to COVID but everything).

Put it this way. If the Canadian population was 100% white, and 100% vaccinated and you added anybody with COVID to the mix, the vaccine wouldn't hold up. The 6% (in new Zealand), the 19% (In Canada), the 14% (In the UK) are not necessarily the problem. The problem is that there's a pandemic and we as a society need to get through it. The best way to get through it is exposure to the population. The purpose of the vaccine is reducing the damage that COVID does but it's not a cure.

If these people chose not to get vaccinated they have a higher risk of death/complications, they do not increase the risk of transmission by not getting vaccinated. If they do not want the further protection, that is fine.

Last edited by ArthurBrit; Mar 29th 2022 at 1:33 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2022, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

ArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
My stepdaughter read an item from the paper today about a 13 year old girl attending a concert wearing noise cancelling headphones and sunglasses.

I believe it's Arsenal that has a room for people that are sensitive to noise and lights. It's awesome that they have these facilities.
Old Mar 29th 2022, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Funny how no one has a good word to say about ol' Beibs yet he is a massive success... there must be a lot of 13 year girls around. to cause that.....maybe they all wear the noise cancelling headphones? and we don't ?? maybe thats the secret??
Old Mar 29th 2022, 6:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ArthurBrit
I believe it's Arsenal that has a stadium for people that are sensitive to noise and lights. It's awesome that they have these facilities.
FIFY
Old Mar 30th 2022, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

So i see today on the news that when April 1st rolls around and we no longer have to submit a negative test to re enter Canada we are then subjected to 2 more rules that i wasn't aware of. Anyone entering who is fully vaccinated must still fill out the ArriveCAN app but added to this those returning MUST wear a mask in all indoor public spaces for 14 days AND they MUST keep a list of close contacts for that same 14 day duration.
They have been reminding people of this due to returns from Spring Break and schools reopening. I can imagine that school or work would know if you had been away and you would no doubt feel pressured to make sure you follow the rules but who the hell knows if you pop to the mall or Walmart or the pub? No idea how long this will be a thing.
Old Mar 30th 2022, 3:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
So i see today on the news that when April 1st rolls around and we no longer have to submit a negative test to re enter Canada we are then subjected to 2 more rules that i wasn't aware of. Anyone entering who is fully vaccinated must still fill out the ArriveCAN app but added to this those returning MUST wear a mask in all indoor public spaces for 14 days AND they MUST keep a list of close contacts for that same 14 day duration.
They have been reminding people of this due to returns from Spring Break and schools reopening. I can imagine that school or work would know if you had been away and you would no doubt feel pressured to make sure you follow the rules but who the hell knows if you pop to the mall or Walmart or the pub? No idea how long this will be a thing.
These rules have always been in place at a federal level for returning fully vaxxed travelers. They were just in lockstep with the provinces so no one noticed. But now the provincial rules are gone and the federal rules remain. According to this though it now seems to specify that you must mask in outdoor spaces as well. How this would ever be enforced is beyond me.

After your arrival

For 14 days following entry into Canada, you and any children who travelled with you must:
  • properly wear a well-constructed and well-fitting mask when in public spaces, both indoors and outdoors
  • maintain a list of all close contacts and locations you visit
  • keep copies of your proof of vaccination
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...ntering-canada
Old Apr 3rd 2022, 11:24 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

I’m staying in downtown Ottawa for a week and I’m very surprised at the amount of people still wearing masks. I’d probably guess something like 9 out of 10 people are wearing them inside shops etc.
Old Apr 3rd 2022, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
These rules have always been in place at a federal level for returning fully vaxxed travelers. They were just in lockstep with the provinces so no one noticed. But now the provincial rules are gone and the federal rules remain. According to this though it now seems to specify that you must mask in outdoor spaces as well. How this would ever be enforced is beyond me.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...ntering-canada
This whole federal law is a bit ridiculous when you consider what it is trying to achieve. If i pop over the border for a long weekend and pick up some cheap cheese and a full tank of US gas i am bound by regulations to show my passport/PR card and declare my excessive amounts of cheese. Now the test requirement is not needed i am it seems required to wear a mask for the following 14 days and keep a close contact list.
Of course absolutely none of the above is necessary should i decide to travel thousands of kilometers to the other side of Canada for a vacation. Clearly i haven't crossed an international border so documents are not needed but what risk is there from someone who has spent say 3 days in US versus someone who has spent 2 weeks in Montreal for example considering that to come back from US you have to have been double vaccinated but not if you are within Canada.
Old Apr 4th 2022, 12:37 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
I’m staying in downtown Ottawa for a week and I’m very surprised at the amount of people still wearing masks. I’d probably guess something like 9 out of 10 people are wearing them inside shops etc.
Much the same here. In TSC it falls to about 50% and Mennonite shops 10% but in grocery stores it's more-or-less everyone.
Old Apr 5th 2022, 3:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Here in my small SW Ontario town, it is probably 60% masks off, 40% masks on. As time goes on I see less people wearing them.

I have it on me and wear it when it's crowded, but i've stopped wearing it 100% of the time. Quebec hasn't dropped their mandate and they are seeing the same increase we are seeing even with the mandate dropped.
Old Apr 5th 2022, 4:12 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Sensible folk - and reassuring as my wife and kids are visiting Ottawa over easter. In Newfoundland, mask use is still 90% or greater.
Old Apr 6th 2022, 11:09 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Government to relax distancing rules and mandates, hopes for different result this time

"It's time we started living with personal responsibility again," said transport minister Emma Fool, yesterday, as she announced the ending of the law that requires drivers of other vehicles to remain behind school buses when the lights are flashing to indicate children being picked up or dropped off. Speed limits are also ending but will be remaining as guidance.

The government encourages people to manage their personal risks and to continue taking preventive measures. "People should consider their own risk factors for hospitalization, as well as those of family members and friends, in addition to the settings in which they drive," she said."When we poll the population, they're all very supportive of continuing to do the things that they've been doing all along, whether there's a mandatory order in place or not," said Fool.

"We do recommend you follow the guidance but it's no longer a requirement so it's up to you. The most effective way of protecting all is to learn how to drive, get tested and when a certain time has elapsed since your last test, take a refresher course or 'booster' as we are now calling it."

In other news, the government has announced a strategy that will reduce Heart Attack statistics at a stroke (heh).

From now on, patients in hospital with a heart attack will no longer be counted and only those going into hospital for heart attack symptoms will be counted.

So if you arrive at ER complaining of chest pains you will be counted but if, say, someone finds you having keeled over and unable to communicate, or perhaps you have a head wound from falling, if they call an ambulance or take you to ER then that won't count as a heart attack as it was diagnosed after you were admitted.

Old Apr 6th 2022, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Government to relax distancing rules and mandates, hopes for different result this time

"It's time we started living with personal responsibility again," said transport minister Emma Fool, yesterday, as she announced the ending of the law that requires drivers of other vehicles to remain behind school buses when the lights are flashing to indicate children being picked up or dropped off. Speed limits are also ending but will be remaining as guidance.

The government encourages people to manage their personal risks and to continue taking preventive measures. "People should consider their own risk factors for hospitalization, as well as those of family members and friends, in addition to the settings in which they drive," she said."When we poll the population, they're all very supportive of continuing to do the things that they've been doing all along, whether there's a mandatory order in place or not," said Fool.

"We do recommend you follow the guidance but it's no longer a requirement so it's up to you. The most effective way of protecting all is to learn how to drive, get tested and when a certain time has elapsed since your last test, take a refresher course or 'booster' as we are now calling it."

In other news, the government has announced a strategy that will reduce Heart Attack statistics at a stroke (heh).

From now on, patients in hospital with a heart attack will no longer be counted and only those going into hospital for heart attack symptoms will be counted.

So if you arrive at ER complaining of chest pains you will be counted but if, say, someone finds you having keeled over and unable to communicate, or perhaps you have a head wound from falling, if they call an ambulance or take you to ER then that won't count as a heart attack as it was diagnosed after you were admitted.
Ha ha nice. I must admit on the subject of school buses whilst it seems like a great idea to stop all traffic i sometimes wonder how much road safety our kids understand from this because they are literally used to jumping off bus and off home without looking for traffic. In reality they should be checking both directions for vehicles regardless of regulations but i seldom notice that happening around here.
Old Apr 6th 2022, 11:33 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by printer
Ha ha nice. I must admit on the subject of school buses whilst it seems like a great idea to stop all traffic i sometimes wonder how much road safety our kids understand from this because they are literally used to jumping off bus and off home without looking for traffic. In reality they should be checking both directions for vehicles regardless of regulations but i seldom notice that happening around here.
From a conversation I just had with adult stepkids, you might have a point there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.