Masks

Old Jun 7th 2020, 3:16 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Masks

We have a friend, who has a hearing impairment and wears hearing aids.

He is really struggling when he is out and about as he usually lip reads to understand people and now the masks have made that much more difficult.
Old Jun 7th 2020, 4:26 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
We have a friend, who has a hearing impairment and wears hearing aids.

He is really struggling when he is out and about as he usually lip reads to understand people and now the masks have made that much more difficult.
That's my problem also. It is a pain if I need to ask someone something white in the store and require an answer.
Old Jun 7th 2020, 5:40 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I only go to superstore on that list and I always where a mask. Most people I have seen have been wearing one as well.
Likely depends where within the city one is as well and store location, time of day etc. We were visiting Super Store and Wal-Mart before our car broke doing instacart several times per day at different times and for each person wearing a mask I saw 2-3 were not wearing one. Majority off store employees I also noticed do no wear masks.

I am sure location of the store plays a role.

Old Jun 7th 2020, 5:43 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321

I am sure location of the store plays a role.
because you think the more affluent the area, the more likely people (staff and customers) will be wearing a mask?
Old Jun 7th 2020, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

because you think the more affluent the area, the more likely people (staff and customers) will be wearing a mask?
Not the experience we have in Austria.
Old Jun 7th 2020, 5:57 pm
Bex in the city

‘This message has been deleted by Jsmth321.

Reason: Sick of the bullies in this thread, but typical Becki is a <snip>‘

im not sure what you meant here but I don’t appreciate being called what I think you are calling me here!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 7th 2020 at 6:07 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2020, 6:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

‘This message has been deleted by Jsmth321.

Reason: Sick of the bullies in this thread, but typical Becki is <snip>‘

im not sure what you meant here but I don’t appreciate being called what I think you are calling me here!
I dont appreciate your bullying me.

You constantly reply invalidating my own experiences which are mine and you cannot say my experiences are wrong.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 7th 2020 at 6:07 pm. Reason: Edited quote
Old Jun 7th 2020, 6:05 pm
Bex in the city

You constantly reply invalidating my own experiences which are mine and you cannot say my experiences are wrong.
Easy way around that - block me!
Old Jun 7th 2020, 6:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

J, if you feel somebody is bullying you, please report the post in question, rather than calling somebody such a god awful name. That's really not acceptable.

Nobody is invalidating your experiences or has said they are wrong that I can see, but as above do just hit the report button and let the mods deal with it if so.

Thx.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 7th 2020 at 6:10 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2020, 7:45 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I can't see the reason makes sense. "It was not the intent" they said. How on earth can you announce a requirement and apply that requirement from a specific date - logically to allow people time to get/make masks - and then say you didn't intend to do it?
I won't be too critical though. The government here has handled it very well so far and even the response to that idiot doctor has been very good.

Yes.

Both stores I went to have them. One of them even taped cards to the handles to the already in store carts saying they had already been done and to remove the cards when you have finished, thus identifying carts that needed sanitising again.
Yes to both of these quotes - I think NB has been exemplary in its dealing with C19...even with the idiotic doctor although I would like to see him strung up by his more painful parts...

All of our supermarkets have carts by the doors that have clearly been sanitized and then you return the cart to the trolley park for the assistants to sanitize again - I have been encouraged and heartened by the sense and decency of the vast majority of people over this worrisome time

All
Old Jun 8th 2020, 10:46 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the new 'norm'.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...C-Ferries.html

On Monday, BC Ferries said, as of June 15 in order to travel, all passengers will be required to bring a face mask that covers their mouth and nose. The rule applies for routes longer than 30 minutes for all passengers over the age of two, including people travelling by car.
Old Jun 9th 2020, 6:58 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

I needs me one of these masks

Old Jun 9th 2020, 7:20 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

How come they call them non-medical masks when medical people wear them?
Old Jun 9th 2020, 7:38 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
How come they call them non-medical masks when medical people wear them?
Because the ones medical people wear are different.
Old Jun 9th 2020, 9:19 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Because the ones medical people wear are different.
Well I realise that some medical staff wear some masks that are different and maybe I'm paying too much attention to those advertised.

But after spending some time checking on line, having been let down on two previous orders but finally getting a box on the third order, I have come across many ads from a wide variety of sources for non-medical or medical and they appear to be identical in design, material and price with the same claims of effectiveness.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.