Masks

Old Feb 18th 2021, 4:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Masks

I found most masks to be too big for my face. If I tightened the ear straps , it pulled my ears forward and then the straps would slide off. My daughter suggested I adjust the strap so it is shorter at the bottom near the mouth, and longer at the top. It works.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 4:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I found most masks to be too big for my face. If I tightened the ear straps , it pulled my ears forward and then the straps would slide off. My daughter suggested I adjust the strap so it is shorter at the bottom near the mouth, and longer at the top. It works.
I have the opposite problem, most are too small for my face.

Old Feb 27th 2021, 7:15 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I had seen a few pics of masks that appeared to have a folding part that went over the nose and looked like they might be better for avoiding fogging.
I found these on Amazon and ordered a pack.

They're not like the others I have seen - but only in pictures and not available anywhere I can find - but they do work well.

You don't turn the 'flaps' up, the idea is to leave them down (2nd pic) and instead of all the air you exhale finding their way through the gaps at the top - which in my case has been everywhere as I can't get anything approaching a snug fit - enough of it goes under the flap and the seam prevents it going up and on your glasses.

Normally I put a mask on and the moment I exhale my glasses are steamed up and take time to clear.
With this type I immediately noticed it was only one lens and only the lower half and only for the duration of exhaling. It cleared quickly.

I sat in the taxi for the whole 15 minute journey being able to see everything.

Only when I was standing outside in -26c, waiting for the taxi home did they fog a bit, but they cleared once in the car.

This was where they came from.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old Feb 27th 2021, 7:30 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

That looks like a decent deal at $22 for 50, I might spring for a box now that I'm not picking any up at work. I still have lots of cloth masks and some paper ones but it's good to have lots.
Old Feb 27th 2021, 7:54 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
That looks like a decent deal at $22 for 50, I might spring for a box now that I'm not picking any up at work. I still have lots of cloth masks and some paper ones but it's good to have lots.
I noticed that Sobeys pharmacy has boxes of 50 - the normal kind - for around $14 before xmas and I think Staples and Canadian Tire does 50 for about $15.

Prices seem to have come right down but who knows what might happen to put demand back up.

These made such a difference for me and my glasses they're worth the extra.
Old Feb 27th 2021, 7:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I lost my mask yesterday, was a pain, need to keep spares in the car.
Old Feb 28th 2021, 9:25 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I found most masks to be too big for my face.
Yes. They come up right to my eyelids. Makes it awkward especially on the knitted side of my face.
Old Feb 28th 2021, 11:21 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Yes. They come up right to my eyelids. Makes it awkward especially on the knitted side of my face.
I have had similar problems (plus the ear issue with hearing aids and glasses, lol) - now I use neck gaiters with a filter pocket - problem solved
Old Mar 27th 2021, 8:07 pm
Account Closed

Quebec bad a certain mask after a Health Canada warning.

No mention of it being sold to the public, but if you have grey and blue disposable masks, might be worth looking at the lot number.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/quebec-b...tion-1.5364638
Old Mar 27th 2021, 10:48 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Old Apr 4th 2021, 7:16 pm
Account Closed

Health Canada has issued a recall now on the masks containing graphene that Quebec advised people to stop using a week or 2 ago.

The photo shows the masks having a grey or black color but not entirely sure if all masks with graphene look like that though, the article is sparse on info, no brand or lot numbers or anything of use really.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...asks-1.5974867
Old Apr 5th 2021, 12:33 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Health Canada has issued a recall now on the masks containing graphene that Quebec advised people to stop using a week or 2 ago.

The photo shows the masks having a grey or black color but not entirely sure if all masks with graphene look like that though, the article is sparse on info, no brand or lot numbers or anything of use really.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...asks-1.5974867
Yeah the Health Canada release is frustratingly thin on specifics - just check your mask packaging to see whether it contains graphene. I buy the MedSup Canada masks at Costco. ($8.95 for 50 masks this week at our local Costco) & picked up a couple of boxes last week that are black rather than the usual blue. I guess I need to check those.
Old Apr 5th 2021, 2:58 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
I gets mine from Costco, $10.99 for 50 in store.

https://www.costco.ca/disposable-3-l...100662546.html

Old Apr 5th 2021, 2:59 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
I gets mine from Costco, $10.99 for 50 in store.

https://www.costco.ca/disposable-3-l...100662546.html
I don't think I know anyone with a membership, but I'll check at work. Staples seems to have a ton.
Old Apr 6th 2021, 4:49 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

I get these

https://humask.com/en/products/humask-pro-vision

My husband wears one so he can repeat what's being said and tgen I can lipread, plus I'm used to his voice so it's easier...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.