Masks

Old Nov 16th 2020, 7:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Masks

This bird be like, wear your damn mask human, there is a pandemic.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalsBein...mals_know_you/
Old Nov 16th 2020, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
“All healthcare facilities must provide medical masks for all health care workers, nonclinical staff, patients, and visitors.”

Visitors, staff, and patients will now be required to wear medical masks in all healthcare settings in B.C.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/11...re-facilities/

* I am not sure how hospitals and such will be able to do this, considering the nurse at the hospital last week I was talking with said masks were still in short supply for medical staff.
Interesting because today my wife had bloods to get done. Of course they are lined up outside and its cold and starting to rain, really feel for those elderly patients who were having to stand outside its not a great way to handle the elderly anyhow yes apparently you now have to wear a medical mask they give you yet 3 days ago she was at doctors office and not only were people wearing their own masks, no mention of specific ones, our doctor apparently comes into the room wearing a cloth mask that looked home made. Seems that these new rules are not being followed across the board.
Old Nov 16th 2020, 9:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
Interesting because today my wife had bloods to get done. Of course they are lined up outside and its cold and starting to rain, really feel for those elderly patients who were having to stand outside its not a great way to handle the elderly anyhow yes apparently you now have to wear a medical mask they give you yet 3 days ago she was at doctors office and not only were people wearing their own masks, no mention of specific ones, our doctor apparently comes into the room wearing a cloth mask that looked home made. Seems that these new rules are not being followed across the board.
Do the labs here have online check in? I haven't been to a lab here yet. In Vancouver, just checked in, and they told you how long a wait and you just went to the lab then, little to no wait once there.

Standing outside in winter specially isn't really acceptable in my view. Some differences between here and Vancouver that's for sure.
Old Nov 16th 2020, 10:12 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

I am now wearing a three layer mask all through my working day now, and I don’t find it irksome. One thing I do like is that I pop a bit of essential lavender oil on a bit of tissue in the filter bit, just a drop, and it adds a pleasant and calm feeling all the day. We have no idea where this thing might be going...anything that makes it better is good.
Old Nov 16th 2020, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Do the labs here have online check in? I haven't been to a lab here yet. In Vancouver, just checked in, and they told you how long a wait and you just went to the lab then, little to no wait once there.

Standing outside in winter specially isn't really acceptable in my view. Some differences between here and Vancouver that's for sure.
Last time i was at the one in Lower Mission there were leaflets they had that advertised booking a slot i think online and avoiding the line up but i haven't tried that and obviously won't help the elderly who may not have internet but i would think it could be done on phone. Not sure how it works as you would have to turn up and jump the line and then be let inside what may be an already full waiting area. The hospital is a better bet as the line up is inside but it's often very very slow in there. Would really help if local doctors surgeries had someone able to do bloods.
Old Nov 17th 2020, 6:20 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Quite an interesting 7 minute video.

Old Nov 18th 2020, 6:06 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

I just ordered one of these, can't be too careful these days

https://www.vyzrtech.com/products/bio-vyzr

Old Nov 18th 2020, 6:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Danny B
I just ordered one of these, can't be too careful these days

https://www.vyzrtech.com/products/bio-vyzr
Well it is interesting, would be good in forest fire season too it seems.

Old Nov 21st 2020, 2:02 pm
Tea Drinker

Kevin went to Costco without a mask and got himself nicked.

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/arrest-a...mask-1.5198662

Old Nov 22nd 2020, 4:42 am
Account Closed

Reading comments on a local Kelowna group and wow so many anti mask conspiracy types.

Old Nov 22nd 2020, 9:22 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Reading comments on a local Kelowna group and wow so many anti mask conspiracy types.
I saw the item about harassment at the coffee shop; too bad no video of the bad guys. I wonder how many are cross-over protestors who come out for multiple causes? Because Kelowna has enough anti-abortion protestors to hold regular roadside demonstrations, I wonder if many of them think Jesus is going to protect them from the virus, as an excuse not to mask up? Last week when some yahoos in Regina held an anti-mask protest on the sidewalk near the legislature, a bunch of high-school students decided on their own to hold a counter-protest just down from them with signs promoting masks and distancing. They made the anti-maskers look pretty silly.
Old Nov 22nd 2020, 4:36 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by caretaker
I saw the item about harassment at the coffee shop; too bad no video of the bad guys. I wonder how many are cross-over protestors who come out for multiple causes? Because Kelowna has enough anti-abortion protestors to hold regular roadside demonstrations, I wonder if many of them think Jesus is going to protect them from the virus, as an excuse not to mask up? Last week when some yahoos in Regina held an anti-mask protest on the sidewalk near the legislature, a bunch of high-school students decided on their own to hold a counter-protest just down from them with signs promoting masks and distancing. They made the anti-maskers look pretty silly.
Could be. It's known some of the protests in Vancouver are paid professionals, they just go where they are sent, handed a sign and stand there to make it look more impressive. But the anti-mask types in Vancouver seem to be consistently the same people, it's pretty small protests usually and they keep making the news for doing stupid things.

Since coming to Kelowna, I have seen anti-abortion protests, anti-mask, anti-covid in general protests claiming conspiracy and the government wanting to destroy humanity, and of course 5G causing it, there was a protest involving South Africa, and one protest I couldn't figure out what they were protesting because their signs made no comprehensible sense.

One lady posted a video her 20 something friend made in hospital fighting COVID, and the anti-covid types concern was why did she have make up on in part of the video, claiming it was faked. The girl lost her baby as she miscarried due to being so ill, and has severe permanent lung damage.

The insanity of these people boggles the mind.

I knew Kelowna would be more conservative, but holy they make Chilliwack look sane, and Chilliwack is pretty wacky conservative too, although they did lead NDP this last provincial election so maybe things are changing in the wack.
Old Nov 22nd 2020, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Could be. It's known some of the protests in Vancouver are paid professionals, they just go where they are sent, handed a sign and stand there to make it look more impressive. But the anti-mask types in Vancouver seem to be consistently the same people, it's pretty small protests usually and they keep making the news for doing stupid things.

Since coming to Kelowna, I have seen anti-abortion protests, anti-mask, anti-covid in general protests claiming conspiracy and the government wanting to destroy humanity, and of course 5G causing it, there was a protest involving South Africa, and one protest I couldn't figure out what they were protesting because their signs made no comprehensible sense.

One lady posted a video her 20 something friend made in hospital fighting COVID, and the anti-covid types concern was why did she have make up on in part of the video, claiming it was faked. The girl lost her baby as she miscarried due to being so ill, and has severe permanent lung damage.

The insanity of these people boggles the mind.

I knew Kelowna would be more conservative, but holy they make Chilliwack look sane, and Chilliwack is pretty wacky conservative too, although they did lead NDP this last provincial election so maybe things are changing in the wack.
Ha ha welcome to Kelownafornia where we spend our time driving jacked up trucks, smoking weed and wearing sunnies and flip flops even in November. The virus doesn't exist if you are holding a piece of cardboard with some badly written slogan on it. On the plus side the Bay is still open here and the protestor numbers are only just in double digits.
Old Nov 23rd 2020, 9:02 pm
Account Closed

My wife is at the doctor right now (her GP) and none of the people working there are wearing masks, not even the doctor and the person at the front desk is apparently coughing like crazy.

Doesn't give you confidence in a doctor when they can't even follow the basic rules regarding masks.

I guess her not taking me as a patient wasn't such a bad thing....

Old Nov 23rd 2020, 9:38 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

My wife is at the doctor right now (her GP) and none of the people working there are wearing masks, not even the doctor and the person at the front desk is apparently coughing like crazy.

Doesn't give you confidence in a doctor when they can't even follow the basic rules regarding masks.

I guess her not taking me as a patient wasn't such a bad thing....
That's wild! We seem to be taking it fairly seriously here from what I've seen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.