Masks

Old Aug 18th 2020, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Masks

There is a coin shortage in the US, well I have seen signs asking for change and was told that was one of the reasons they like you to round up your payment with the balance going to a good cause.
Old Aug 18th 2020, 12:49 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
There is a coin shortage in the US, well I have seen signs asking for change and was told that was one of the reasons they like you to round up your payment with the balance going to a good cause.
I can't remember the last time I paid cash for anything - it was some time ago, for sure. Obviously I paid cash for lotterty tickets, but haven't bought one of those in over a year. ..... I know I haven't paid cash for anything since before March, but before that .... ???
Old Aug 18th 2020, 1:14 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
That's because cash became the enemy and everywhere stopped taking it for fear of getting the virus from a bank note. Funny how a sudden problem with technical stuff creates so much grief when we are forced to go back to the old way of paying for services and of course just how welcome those "dirty notes" are all of a sudden!
In this case though, it seems the store was willing to accept cash. People walking away was probably not because they were unwilling to use cash, more that they didn't have the odd hundred or two hundred bucks on them.
Old Aug 18th 2020, 2:37 pm
Account Closed

I would pay cash for something small, I know the fees they get charged.
Old Aug 18th 2020, 2:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
In this case though, it seems the store was willing to accept cash. People walking away was probably not because they were unwilling to use cash, more that they didn't have the odd hundred or two hundred bucks on them.
Yes Wal-Mart was quite happy to accept cash, of course most as you say likely lacked the cash they needed to pay for the purchase, Wal-Mart as far as I know never stopped accepting cash like some places did, seemed to be mostly small businesses that stopped accepting cash, but I noticed in Vancouver many of them went back to accepting cash.

I prefer cash and generally would use almost all cash, but stopped in March when places got all uppity over cash, but now seems most places are back to normal business wise, so may go back to cash.

Because we are on a limited budget, easier to deal with cash, pay bills, leave rent in account, withdraw the rest for daily necessities.

If we had been buying for ourselves, I would have just gone to the ATM and gotten cash, but it was shopping for instacart so that option wasn't available.

I think Wal-Mart may want to invest in big burly security guards to enforce the mask rule, the 70-80 something greeter well the anti-mask types don't listen, but maybe if there was a more opposing looking force at the door, they might.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Aug 18th 2020 at 3:01 pm.
Old Aug 18th 2020, 3:09 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I can't remember the last time I paid cash for anything - it was some time ago, for sure. Obviously I paid cash for lotterty tickets, but haven't bought one of those in over a year. ..... I know I haven't paid cash for anything since before March, but before that .... ???

I actually used cash for the first time at the supermarket yesterday afternoon. The order was small and I had just taken a withdrawal from the bank's ATM so I paid in cash. It did feel very odd.
Old Aug 18th 2020, 3:25 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I actually used cash for the first time at the supermarket yesterday afternoon. The order was small and I had just taken a withdrawal from the bank's ATM so I paid in cash. It did feel very odd.
I get a 3% kickback for buying groceries, plus a credit for a gas discount for groceries bought at Kroger, so I would never pay cash for groceries.

Because we are currently driving so little, we buy all our gas at the discounted price, and I haven't paid more than about $1.35 since February.
Old Aug 19th 2020, 3:49 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Went to the mall today, it was odd, it was quiet. I used cash to buy some jewelry for a Christening gift, I didn't wear a mask, I hand sanitised on entry to stores.

Red Deer council voted not to make masks mandatory on Monday, that will be re assessed if cases spike. There has been one confirmed case at Olymel and one at a Tim Hortens in the last 2 days, I'm expecting a spike.
Old Aug 19th 2020, 12:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Went to the mall today, it was odd, it was quiet. I used cash to buy some jewelry for a Christening gift, I didn't wear a mask, I hand sanitised on entry to stores.

Red Deer council voted not to make masks mandatory on Monday, that will be re assessed if cases spike. There has been one confirmed case at Olymel and one at a Tim Hortens in the last 2 days, I'm expecting a spike.
Lucky you...masks have been mandatory everywhere here for about a month and i've about reached the end of my rope. I think i'm at the "denial" stage of grief with this stupid pandemic because I keep forgetting and having to go back to my car to get a mask.. I can see the merit of wearing it in public when coming into contact with people you do not know at all but I find it frustrating to have to wear it into work, clock in, go sit down in my office to take it off...have to go to the bathroom oh shit bettter put a mask on. Its all a bit much.

Since most shops reopened back in June I still do most of my shopping online as its just too much of a hassle to wait in line, answer the stupid questions that some places ask, wear a mask, etc. It's not how it was "before" and i'm not sure when, if ever, it will be.
Old Aug 19th 2020, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

I went to Hot Springs, just seemed weird, you had to wear it through the building but not in the hot springs. People I saw were in the springs not in the changing room, one of the advantages of using a bandana is being able to pull it up and down easily.

Had lunch in Breckenridge, one half of Main St you need a mask, town fine otherwise unless sitting at a table, the other half not.
Old Aug 20th 2020, 2:49 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
Lucky you...masks have been mandatory everywhere here for about a month and i've about reached the end of my rope. I think i'm at the "denial" stage of grief with this stupid pandemic because I keep forgetting and having to go back to my car to get a mask.. I can see the merit of wearing it in public when coming into contact with people you do not know at all but I find it frustrating to have to wear it into work, clock in, go sit down in my office to take it off...have to go to the bathroom oh shit bettter put a mask on. Its all a bit much.

Since most shops reopened back in June I still do most of my shopping online as its just too much of a hassle to wait in line, answer the stupid questions that some places ask, wear a mask, etc. It's not how it was "before" and i'm not sure when, if ever, it will be.
At my place of work we have to wear a covering as we cannot socially distance sufficiently. I wear a shield the majority of time.
Old Aug 20th 2020, 1:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
At my place of work we have to wear a covering as we cannot socially distance sufficiently. I wear a shield the majority of time.
Yep I have to wear one outside my office as well. If I didn't have a private office I would have asked to work from home or be provided with a space where I can socially distance without having to wear a mask.

Having to wear one all day will absolutely be a deal breaker for me when hunting for full time jobs in the new year when i'm done school.

If I was still working at my previous job I would have had to wear one all day as we were client-facing IT and had walk in clients all day.
Old Aug 20th 2020, 10:18 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a bunch of nice ones today. A lady I gave a mask to last week left it in the beauty parlour after getting her hair done, and when she called back they told her they'd thrown it out. She'll get the cat one, and I have a stack of the checkerboard cannabis ones to give to friends. These are good masks. Tubular elastic was bought out early on, and I suspect new stocks are spoken for as nearly all the ads are for flat elastic, which I find less comfortable. My new mask lady overcomes this by using lots of elastic and beads to control the length, which works like a hot damn. The black one with monogram is for formal occasions.

Last edited by caretaker; Aug 20th 2020 at 10:21 pm.
Old Aug 20th 2020, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
I bought a bunch of nice ones today. A lady I gave a mask to last week left it in the beauty parlour after getting her hair done, and when she called back they told her they'd thrown it out. She'll get the cat one, and I have a stack of the checkerboard cannabis ones to give to friends. These are good masks. Tubular elastic was bought out early on, and I suspect new stocks are spoken for as nearly all the ads are for flat elastic, which I find less comfortable. My new mask lady overcomes this by using lots of elastic and beads to control the length, which works like a hot damn. The black one with monogram is for formal occasions.
you are the Gok Wan of COVID-19
Old Aug 20th 2020, 11:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

It's kind of funny people will wear all sorts of fashion accessories, and clothing, hats, sunglasses, those winter ski mask things, but ask people to wear a mask, and wow act like its the end of the world.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.