Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Making America Hate Again Ladies?

Making America Hate Again Ladies?

Old Jan 22nd 2017, 6:14 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Making America Hate Again Ladies?

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Well Would it not have been more beneficial for women, mothers, mothers to be, Hispanics and so on to just vote Clinton ?
"To start, assertions that Clinton did not win over women voters are simply not true. A majority of women backed Clinton over Donald Trump, 54 percent to 42 percent. Exit-poll data indicates that 94 percent of black women and 68 percent of Hispanic women voted for Clinton. “If only women voted in this election [and no one else], Clinton would have won,” commented Kelly Dittmar, a scholar at the Center for American Women and Politics at Rutgers University. “I think that this narrative about Clinton failing to win white women really overshadows the strong support she had among all women, and women of color in particular.”

Women Aren't Responsible for Hillary Clinton’s Defeat - The Atlantic
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 6:15 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Fair point RICH
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 7:31 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Fair point RICH
I suspect that a good part of Hillary's problem was that she was overtly "going for the women vote", "going for the Hispanic vote", etc. so an openly divisive strategy, which necessarily turns off everyone who isn't in the demographic that you're "going for". Conversely Donald Trump talked almost entirely about America, the American economy, and the various legal issues that the country faces. Despite what the media wanted us to believe, and what many people think Donald Trump stands for, his main message was much more inclusive than Hillary's.

Also, after more than fifty years of the black population voting for the Democrats like sheep, election after election, and after eight years of having a black president to boot, what exactly do black Americans have to show for it? An extraordinarily high murder rate, a massively disproportionate incarceration rate, waaay higher unemployment and poverty, attrocious academic performance in schools and higher education, and a youth unemployment rate that would embarrass even the Spaniards. It's a miracle that Hillary got as many black votes as she did!
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 8:20 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski

Also, after more than fifty years of the black population voting for the Democrats like sheep, election after election, and after eight years of having a black president to boot, what exactly do black Americans have to show for it? An extraordinarily high murder rate, a massively disproportionate incarceration rate, waaay higher unemployment and poverty, attrocious academic performance in schools and higher education, and a youth unemployment rate that would embarrass even the Spaniards. It's a miracle that Hillary got as many black votes as she did!
It's a bit of leap from "haven't done well under administrations friendly to us" to "let's have an administration unfriendly to us". Black people voting for Trump would be foolish, black women voting for Trump would be very foolish indeed, I suppose that's why they didn't.
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 9:02 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
It's a bit of leap from "haven't done well under administrations friendly to us" to "let's have an administration unfriendly to us". Black people voting for Trump would be foolish, black women voting for Trump would be very foolish indeed, I suppose that's why they didn't.
Maybe you'd care to point to where Donald Trump said anything "unfriendly" because he spent a lot of time in the rust belt, where there are a lot of black people, telling people that wanted to bring jobs to the area. Or perhaps you are just relying on the media to tell you that he is "unfriendly" to black people.

Secondly, and in recognition of your "bit of a leap", in fact quite a lot of the black electorate just decided to stay home.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 22nd 2017 at 9:56 pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 9:44 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you'd care to point to where Donald Trump said anything "unfriendly" because he spent a lot of time in the rust belt, where there are a lot of black people, telling people that wanted to bring jobs to the area. Of perhaps you are just relying on the media to tell you that he is "unfriendly" to black people.

Secondly, and in recognition of your "bit of a leap", in fact quite a lot of the black electorate just decided to stay home.
I did rely on the media to tell me Trump selected Jeff Sessions. I take it you do not rely on the media but followed Trump's campaign across the country chatting with him between engagements.
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 9:51 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I did rely on the media to tell me Trump selected Jeff Sessions. I take it you do not rely on the media but followed Trump's campaign across the country chatting with him between engagements.
Course not. He's a black man living in Detroit.
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 9:58 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Course not. He's a black man living in Detroit.
A Black Trumpist in Detroit. Now there's a man with balls.
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 2:08 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

A Black Trumpist in Detroit. Now there's a man with balls.
I am impressed that u know who Trump is
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 11:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

More foolish than voting for more of the same ?
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 12:15 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by morpeth
More foolish than voting for more of the same ?
Oh shit, yeah. Trump's an absolute loose cannon and can't be trusted for a second, "alternative facts", my arse.
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 12:42 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of Trump, very good doc on Channel 4 (Matt Frei) called "Meet the Trumps: From Immigrant to President". Interesting that Grandpa Trump (1900's) made some of his money in the Yukon.
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
"To start, assertions that Clinton did not win over women voters are simply not true. A majority of women backed Clinton over Donald Trump, 54 percent to 42 percent. Exit-poll data indicates that 94 percent of black women and 68 percent of Hispanic women voted for Clinton. “If only women voted in this election [and no one else], Clinton would have won,” commented Kelly Dittmar, a scholar at the Center for American Women and Politics at Rutgers University. “I think that this narrative about Clinton failing to win white women really overshadows the strong support she had among all women, and women of color in particular.”

Women Aren't Responsible for Hillary Clinton’s Defeat - The Atlantic
If only men voted, Trump would have won by a landslide.

If only blacks voted, Clinton would have won by a landslide.

There are a million 'what-ifs' but they are all irrelevant.

Everyone keeps harping on about Clinton winning the popular vote but that is also irrelevant because the president is not elected by the popular vote.

IF the election were by popular vote, we would have had a vastly different campaign and election. Campaigning was almost exclusively in the swing states. Very little campaigning was done in the solid states because it would make no difference to the Electoral College votes. In those solid states, millions of voters simply didn't vote because their vote would make no difference.

In the swing states, there was a small (but very significant) swing to Republican. Which won Trump the election.

Nobody can say, with any certainty, what the result would have been in a 'popular vote' election.
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 1:31 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you'd care to point to where Donald Trump said anything ....."unfriendly" to black people.
“Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys wearing yarmulkes… Those are the only kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else…Besides that, I tell you something else. I think that’s guy’s lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks,”
D Trump
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by chawkins99
..... IF the election were by popular vote, we would have had a vastly different campaign and election. Campaigning was almost exclusively in the swing states. Very little campaigning was done in the solid states because it would make no difference to the Electoral College votes. In those solid states, millions of voters simply didn't vote because their vote would make no difference. ....
This paragraph explains succinctly why arguments about the popular vote are irrelevant.

Under the electoral college system, if I lived in a state that was solidly held by a party I didn't agree with I would probably have registered a protest vote for a minor presidential candidate as I firmly believe I need exercise my right to vote - if I didn't feel so strongly, I probably wouldn't vote at all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.