Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Making America Hate Again Ladies?

Making America Hate Again Ladies?

Old Jan 23rd 2017, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Making America Hate Again Ladies?

Originally Posted by magnumpi
It's all very WTF

Do women think he is a serial rapist or something? Sounds a lot like mountains and mole hills to me, and my wife thinks the same BTW. As do several other females I know, but that's not that many lol.
I have to agree...it all seemed a huge waste of energy to me, why bother they cant change anything, hes been elected, hes president for 4 years, so give it up and suck it up. Most females I know were of a similar opinion too.
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 4:26 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chawkins99
If only men voted, Trump would have won by a landslide.

If only blacks voted, Clinton would have won by a landslide.

There are a million 'what-ifs' but they are all irrelevant.

Everyone keeps harping on about Clinton winning the popular vote but that is also irrelevant because the president is not elected by the popular vote.

IF the election were by popular vote, we would have had a vastly different campaign and election. Campaigning was almost exclusively in the swing states. Very little campaigning was done in the solid states because it would make no difference to the Electoral College votes. In those solid states, millions of voters simply didn't vote because their vote would make no difference.

In the swing states, there was a small (but very significant) swing to Republican. Which won Trump the election.

Nobody can say, with any certainty, what the result would have been in a 'popular vote' election.
Not much different to what happens in the UK or Canada, then.
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 5:22 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone explain the purpose/benefit of the electoral college system?
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 5:31 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
To avoid the tyranny of the majority:

The Reason for the Electoral College

also something about compensating for disparate State populations.
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 6:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
I have to agree...it all seemed a huge waste of energy to me, why bother they cant change anything, hes been elected, hes president for 4 years, so give it up and suck it up. Most females I know were of a similar opinion too.
+1.... I agree with you and Pulaski...

Personally I don't get it. Women and Men have equal rights in the US. Trump isn't trying to stop that, and never has. Why not protest against the way women are treated in Saudi Arabia or Somalia?
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 6:49 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
Personally I don't get it. Women and Men have equal rights in the US.
That's why they earn the same wage for the same work.
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 6:59 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
That's why they earn the same wage for the same work.
They do?

If so, that's disgusting!

Women spend all their earnings, and more, on shoes and other frippery.

Men spend all their earnings, and more, on paying the Visa bills.
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 7:03 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Why not protest against the way women are treated in Saudi Arabia or Somalia?
This sort of treatment?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...al-ngo-funding
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 7:47 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Stops large majorities in large states pushing their agenda on the rest of the country. It doesn't matter how large the majority is in say, California or Texas, the impact of California and Texas on the presidential vote is capped.
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 10:58 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

+1.... I agree with you and Pulaski...

Personally I don't get it. Women and Men have equal rights in the US. Trump isn't trying to stop that, and never has. Why not protest against the way women are treated in Saudi Arabia or Somalia?
BUt they were protesting that too. Human rights in general and women's rights in particular. As I said upthread, access to contraception, gynaecological health, abortion, women's shelters.
Did you see Trump and those men today signing off against funding abortion? Not one woman there.

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Is this apathy or submission? You don't know until you try.

Btw if men don't support contraception access for women then they won't be getting much sex and when they do they'll have to use s condom.
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 11:34 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Equal pay in the USA

here's a map

http://www.aauw.org/files/2016/09/st...e-fall2016.jpg
Old Jan 24th 2017, 1:41 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

The probable serial sexual assaulter, today made an executive order that restricts women's access to reproductive health across many parts of the world, no doubt leading to risk as woman turn to back street alternatives.
Old Jan 24th 2017, 2:30 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
The probable serial sexual assaulter, today made an executive order that restricts women's access to reproductive health across many parts of the world, no doubt leading to risk as woman turn to back street alternatives.
But that's alright. Women and men have equal rights in America. Gozit said so.
Old Jan 24th 2017, 8:37 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by kimilseung
today made an executive order that restricts women's access to reproductive health across many parts of the world,
& that made me sad. So reminisce of times long gone
Old Jan 24th 2017, 11:14 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

The women of Sandy Cove made the CBC National web page.
N.S. village hosts one of the smallest women's marches, but it's still mighty - Nova Scotia - CBC News

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.