Mail in rebate rant

Old Jan 15th 2012, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of
Default Re: Mail in rebate rant

Have never had a problem with any mail in rebates, and always got the cheque from the companies. Have had a Kitchenaid one, four Samsung ones and am currently waiting for a Roger's one.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

Jean2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

Any one else not impressed with the lasting quality of electrical goods here, just bought a new hand food mixer (3rd in 4 years), I have looked longingly at Kitchenaid mixers, they are expensive no matter what rebates are on offer so do they last?

Good luck with the rebate
Old Jan 16th 2012, 5:22 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jean2011
I have looked longingly at Kitchenaid mixers, they are expensive no matter what rebates are on offer so do they last?
My mother got one as a wedding gift and it lasted for about 30 years. She finally bought a new one last year, the old one did still work though.

I also got one when I got married and I've been using it for almost 10 years now. So for us I'd have to say they last pretty well!
Old Jan 16th 2012, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jean2011
Any one else not impressed with the lasting quality of electrical goods here, just bought a new hand food mixer (3rd in 4 years), I have looked longingly at Kitchenaid mixers, they are expensive no matter what rebates are on offer so do they last?

Good luck with the rebate
I have a kitchenaid mixer that I bought 6 years ago - afaik they do last well.

I did have to replace the worm gear a few months ago - There is a plastic gear inside that is supposed to protect the gear mechanism - that one breaks if something goes wrong with the gearing. It costs a couple of $ to buy and takes about 15 mins to replace. There is a pretty good youtube video that shows you how to do it.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Cookie
Mr Cookie bought me a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer for my Christmas and I did not know about the mail in rebate, but I do now. So I will send mine off.
Mr C is a lucky man. I have to buy my wife diamonds, if I bought her a kitchen appliance she would use it to murder me.
Old Jan 17th 2012, 1:04 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CANADIAN CARPERS
Mr C is a lucky man. I have to buy my wife diamonds, if I bought her a kitchen appliance she would use it to murder me.
It was my choice of gift - cooking up a storm these days thanks to the Food Network I also got a selection of UK DVDs, snowshoes and poles, and JEWELLERY :-)