Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

M**mite is less availablr here than previously reported

M**mite is less availablr here than previously reported

Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice
Default Re: M**mite is less availablr here than previously reported

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Seconded... a long time ago two friends and I went trout fishing in southeast BC did actually manage to catch some and cooked them over a camp fire, absolutely scrumptious.
Not convinced. i think it was the fact that in the Uk the fish that came to us was caught in the Irish sea, therefore it had eaten all the sewage from blackpool, then swam up the coast to Sellafield to get par boiled before being hauled ashore warts an all. YUK
i don't think i'll ever become a fish eater,no matter how any one tries to convince me
just bring me a bull, wipe its bum and singe the hairs off, perfect
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:56 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I hate to disappoint but we didn't buy any M**mite.

Other purchases included fresh fruits and veg, milk and a sourdough loaf.
Very healthy that. May you live long and prosper.

Off to do some googling on m**mite availability in France for a while.

See you tomorrow mate.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:58 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bear-diesel
Not convinced. i think it was the fact that in the Uk the fish that came to us was caught in the Irish sea, therefore it had eaten all the sewage from blackpool, then swam up the coast to Sellafield to get par boiled before being hauled ashore warts an all. YUK
i don't think i'll ever become a fish eater,no matter how any one tries to convince me
just bring me a bull, wipe its bum and singe the hairs off, perfect
With such gourmand tastes, I'm sure you won't miss m**mite. It goes well with bull's bums though.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
With such gourmand tastes, I'm sure you won't miss m**mite. It goes well with bull's bums though.
nope, you've just ruined a great steak
Old Aug 27th 2007, 3:47 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bear-diesel
Not trying to convince you in the least but you cannot possibly compare a freshly caught trout from a mountain stream with what you describe above.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 11:22 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the kind thought, Mr Castrian.

Five years ago I thought I had enough Marmite stockpiled for the remainder of my lifetime; for years each visitor from the UK brought a large jar and some people visited often. Then came the Young American and the horses, now the demand is insatiable. Based on the costs of products we consume it would probably be cheaper for us to live in England.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Chickidees and chickidums,

Yesterday I spent a very pleasant afternoon and evening indulging in pulled pork and corn chips with a well known poster on this board.

I thought that an appropriate offering to take along (aside from the emulsifiers) would be a jar of m**mite and some caviar.

Imagine then my astonishment when the OH was unable to discover this delicacy (she found the caviar OK, I mean the other stuff) in several local provisioners.

I am driven to announce that I am not inconsiderably upset by this turn of events and I therefore put it to all able bodied ex-pats to protest this outrage.

Comrades, WE MUST NOT ALLOW A M**MITE GAP!!!
Well, a kind and noble gesture to provide black gold for the neofarmers. I think as Mrs Castrian is unused to buying the stuff she may have made a rookie mistake here and looked in the jams and honey section. Canadians; otherwise known as IGA, Sobeys, Loblaws, and No Frills, keep it in the gravies, herbs and spices section.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 11:58 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

yeah and they sell HP sauce in loblaws as well

ok what is sourdough ???
saw it in the supermarket, but OH told me no and put it back
Marmite i would try loblaws or if you want we will bring loads on our next visit, but getting it passed immagration maybe the problem.
We was asked at hamilton "Are you bring anything in for expats" :curse::curse::curse::curse:

NO the pg tips are for me and wow i have needed them, off to tim's though to get some coffee before i return, thats why i bought the extra suitcase
Old Aug 27th 2007, 12:01 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gill_andy_grew
ok what is sourdough ???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sourdough

Makes very good toast, it has a flavour that complements Marmite very nicely.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

ladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by batty-x-ray
Well, a kind and noble gesture to provide black gold for the neofarmers. I think as Mrs Castrian is unused to buying the stuff she may have made a rookie mistake here and looked in the jams and honey section. Canadians; otherwise known as IGA, Sobeys, Loblaws, and No Frills, keep it in the gravies, herbs and spices section.
Yep - I was going to say the same thing. Can buy it here in Safeway, IGA, Superstore and Co-Op. Couldn't do without it personally
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:36 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

[...]I therefore put it to all able bodied ex-pats to protest this outrage.

I'd be more inclined to protest against the use of "protest" as a transitive verb

<gets coat>
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:55 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Chickidees and chickidums,

Yesterday I spent a very pleasant afternoon and evening indulging in pulled pork and corn chips with a well known poster on this board.

I thought that an appropriate offering to take along (aside from the emulsifiers) would be a jar of m**mite and some caviar.

Imagine then my astonishment when the OH was unable to discover this delicacy (she found the caviar OK, I mean the other stuff) in several local provisioners.

I am driven to announce that I am not inconsiderably upset by this turn of events and I therefore put it to all able bodied ex-pats to protest this outrage.

Comrades, WE MUST NOT ALLOW A M**MITE GAP!!!
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474823

The Marmite Poll - Marmite comes out as a clear winner in Dubai
Old Aug 27th 2007, 2:02 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474823

The Marmite Poll - Marmite comes out as a clear winner in Dubai

26 voters hardly representative is it.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 2:40 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

26 voters hardly representative is it.
it is of our little forum though
Old Aug 27th 2007, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sourdough

Makes very good toast, it has a flavour that complements Marmite very nicely.
Yuck, nothing can compliment marmite. The advert is soooo true you either love it or hate it, I'm on the hate it side.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.