Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

M**mite is less availablr here than previously reported

M**mite is less availablr here than previously reported

Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:30 am
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice
Default Re: M**mite is less availablr here than previously reported

Originally Posted by Steve_P
I can't answer that, but I do know I had never heard of M**mite when I left the UK, but then I was a naive 16 year old back then.
I don't know when it hit the UK shores as I never had it, but my sis who was a kid of the 70's lived on the stuff
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:31 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I can't answer that, but I do know I had never heard of M**mite when I left the UK, but then I was a naive 16 year old back then.
You obviously had caring parents. I envy you.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
You make an excellent point. It's just that I am completely sure that the gift would have been very well received and become, perhaps, a subject of amusing light banter.
or the invite would never have been repeated and you would have been sent packing with yer jar
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:34 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bear-diesel
I don't know when it hit the UK shores as I never had it, but my sis who was a kid of the 70's lived on the stuff
A form of Marmite has apparently been around since 1680 but Marmite as a product in the UK has been around since 1902.

http://www.ilovemarmite.com/marmite-history.asp
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:35 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Surely you're not suggesting that this foul concoction was imported to the Elysian Fields by furriners? Some sort of conspiracy to pollute our precious bodily fluids, I'll warrant.

I'll not stand for that. To arms!!!
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:35 am
Born again atheist

A form of Marmite has apparently been around since 1680 but Marmite as a product in the UK has been around since 1902.

Well thank Dog for that! At least it's self-inflicted.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

thank god we were poorer in the 60's and therefore it never crossed my lips
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:37 am
Born again atheist

thank god we were poorer in the 60's and therefore it never crossed my lips
How about caviar?
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:41 am
Born again atheist

I have on numerous occasions and she just smiles and pats me on the head, should I be concerned.
Oh I think concerned is right. She obviously takes you for a doddery old fool. Ditch the bitch, is my advice.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

How about caviar?
I'm not a fish eater either, so have never had the (yuk) pleasure of fish eggs. Remind me not to invite you to my bbq
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:45 am

Oh I think concerned is right. She obviously takes you for a doddery old fool. Ditch the bitch, is my advice.
We discussed this same topic just yesterday while doing our grocery shopping and came to the conclusion that at his stage in life we can ill afford to do this.

It would be financial disaster for both of us.

Luckily for me it was a theoretical discussion.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:46 am
Born again atheist

I'm not a fish eater either, so have never had the (yuk) pleasure of fish eggs. Remind me not to invite you to my bbq
I would be the first to accept that BBQ'ing caviar might be ill-advised.

Trout, on the other hand..... ummmmm.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:47 am
Born again atheist

We discussed this same topic just yesterday while doing our grocery shopping and came to the conclusion that at his stage in life we can ill afford to do this.

It would be financial disaster for both of us.

Luckily for me it was a theoretical discussion.
So, aside from m**mite, what else did you buy?
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:48 am

Trout, on the other hand..... ummmmm.
Seconded... a long time ago two friends and I went trout fishing in southeast BC did actually manage to catch some and cooked them over a camp fire, absolutely scrumptious.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:51 am

So, aside from m**mite, what else did you buy?
I hate to disappoint but we didn't buy any M**mite.

Other purchases included fresh fruits and veg, milk and a sourdough loaf.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.