Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

M**mite is less availablr here than previously reported

M**mite is less availablr here than previously reported

Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:08 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default M**mite is less availablr here than previously reported

Chickidees and chickidums,

Yesterday I spent a very pleasant afternoon and evening indulging in pulled pork and corn chips with a well known poster on this board.

I thought that an appropriate offering to take along (aside from the emulsifiers) would be a jar of m**mite and some caviar.

Imagine then my astonishment when the OH was unable to discover this delicacy (she found the caviar OK, I mean the other stuff) in several local provisioners.

I am driven to announce that I am not inconsiderably upset by this turn of events and I therefore put it to all able bodied ex-pats to protest this outrage.

Comrades, WE MUST NOT ALLOW A M**MITE GAP!!!
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:14 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: M**mite is less availablr here than previously reported

It seems to be readily available along with its Aussie equivalent Vegamite at most Safeway stores in Calgary and Co-op stores too I believe.

You can have my share if you want I can't stand the stuff.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice

Originally Posted by Steve_P
It seems to be readily available along with its Aussie equivalent Vegamite at most Safeway stores in Calgary and Co-op stores too I believe.

mine too
the orrible stuff is aplenty in St Albert
jo
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:18 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Well it might be the hunter-gatherer thing I suppose. I sent the OH out with perfectly clear instructions "M**mite and caviar", said I.

She came back with a new outfit and a love-seat. But no m**mite. Could I have been duped?
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:19 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by bear-diesel
mine too
the orrible stuff is aplenty in St Albert
jo
Where is St. Albert? I must rearrange my holiday plans if it's nearby.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Well it might be the hunter-gatherer thing I suppose. I sent the OH out with perfectly clear instructions "M**mite and caviar", said I.

She came back with a new outfit and a love-seat. But no m**mite. Could I have been duped?
depends on who likes the stuff, cos i certainly wouldn't bring it home either
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:22 am

Could I have been duped?
It is within the realm of possibility.

It is a known fact that members of the "fair" sex can be quite devious.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Where is St. Albert? I must rearrange my holiday plans if it's nearby.
just north of Edmonton, the land of plenty,especially yuk stuff
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

I consider myself fair, but its banned within these walls
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:24 am
Born again atheist

depends on who likes the stuff, cos i certainly wouldn't bring it home either
But it's the principle of the thing! I am British and although I hate the very thought of m**mite, surely it is my birthright to be able to pop round to the corner store and purchase it whenever I feel the whim?

Why else did I come to this country?
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:27 am
Born again atheist

NO!! I refuse to believe that. In fact I encourage you to confront your wife with this dire accusation. Otherwise I'll never catch up to you in the wedding anniversary competition.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

But it's the principle of the thing! I am British and although I hate the very thought of m**mite, surely it is my birthright to be able to pop round to the corner store and purchase it whenever I feel the whim?

so if you don't like it, why would you enforce it on some other poor soul. I usually take what I like to a bbq and not something that makes ya screw yer face up as if you'd just sucked a lemon.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:28 am

I can't answer that, but I do know I had never heard of M**mite when I left the UK, but then I was a naive 16 year old back then.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:30 am
Born again atheist

so if you don't like it, why would you enforce it on some other poor soul. I usually take what I like to a bbq and not something that makes ya screw yer face up as if you'd just sucked a lemon.
You make an excellent point. It's just that I am completely sure that the gift would have been very well received and become, perhaps, a subject of amusing light banter.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:30 am

NO!! I refuse to believe that. In fact I encourage you to confront your wife with this dire accusation.
I have on numerous occasions and she just smiles and pats me on the head, should I be concerned.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.