British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Lunchtime Choices (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/lunchtime-choices-683559/)

helcat12 Sep 1st 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Lunchtime Choices

Originally Posted by John_B (Post 8819000)
Sorry, but this just screams double entendre.

You reveal too much about yourself in this comment, but then so does Greenhill!:rofl:
I have had an endoscope put up my nose - on purpose, of course to look at my vocal chords. I thought that was the weirdest feeling in the world, until the doctor pulled it out again YUK:blink:!

Oink Sep 1st 2010 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by John_B (Post 8819000)
Sorry, but this just screams double entendre.

A woman walks into a pub and asks for a double entendre,
so the barman gave her one.

IGMC

John_B Sep 1st 2010 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 8819023)
A woman walks into a pub and asks for a double entendre,
so the barman gave her one.

IGMC

Last night I was talking to good looking woman. She asked me if I preferred breasts or legs. I told her what I really liked was a shaved pussy.

Apparently I’m no longer welcome at KFC.

helcat12 Sep 1st 2010 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by John_B (Post 8819106)
Last night I was talking to good looking woman. She asked me if I preferred breasts or legs. I told her what I really liked was a shaved pussy.

Apparently I’m no longer welcome at KFC.

Or the PDSA, I would suppose.:eek:

iaink Sep 1st 2010 5:30 pm

<COUGHS>

Family forum, G rated yadda yadda yadda....

;)

Oink Sep 2nd 2010 8:46 pm

Today it was a spicy homemade chili con carne, rice and a little coarsely grated sharp cheddar for the topping. For pudding, it was a rather uninspiring apple. :(

fledermaus Sep 2nd 2010 8:56 pm

Spaghetti lasagne

Alan2005 Sep 2nd 2010 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 8821989)
Today it was a spicy homemade chili con carne, rice and a little coarsely grated sharp cheddar for the topping. For pudding, it was a rather uninspiring apple. :(

I had chicken schwarma - now I need a nap.

Flogger Sep 2nd 2010 8:58 pm

Ham sandwich, again.

Oink Sep 2nd 2010 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by Alan2005 (Post 8822007)
I had chicken schwarma - now I need a nap.

I like those, they're like kebabs. :thumbup:

Madmac Sep 2nd 2010 9:29 pm

Rare roast beef on a roll with Gouda cheese and mustard from the local Dutch delicatessen.

Rare enough to look as though the cow was just slaughtered outside.

Lovely.

helcat12 Sep 2nd 2010 10:25 pm

No lunch at all at lunchtime! I am finding it hard what with not being at work until next week and having to answer Skyping OH in the early hours of the morning to fit in with PDT his end.
Had my 'lunch' later - a nicely-done REAL burger (without a bun), served with grilled Portobello mushrooms topped with sliced tomato and a few dots of blue cheese and a very small portion of leftover boiled potatoes that I sauteed.
Really yummy!:wub:

Oink Sep 2nd 2010 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by helcat12 (Post 8822167)
No lunch at all at lunchtime! I am finding it hard what with not being at work until next week and having to answer Skyping OH in the early hours of the morning to fit in with PDT his end.
Had my 'lunch' later - a nicely-done REAL burger (without a bun), served with grilled Portobello mushrooms topped with sliced tomato and a few dots of blue cheese and a very small portion of leftover boiled potatoes that I sauteed.
Really yummy!:wub:

That does sound very good. I have found that roquefort makes a nice blue cheese topping on burgers, its a little too strong for chicken but ground beef as a flavour tends to stand up for itself.

ExKiwilass Sep 2nd 2010 10:50 pm

leftovers.

:thumbup:

helcat12 Sep 2nd 2010 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 8822205)
That does sound very good. I have found that roquefort makes a nice blue cheese topping on burgers, its a little too strong for chicken but ground beef as a flavour tends to stand up for itself.

Can't beat home cooking:thumbup: Mind you, I can't afford to eat out, so no choice but to get good at it. Today mine was Yorkshire Blue, I think. I like it quite ripe, so it is sometimes hard to tell what it started out as by the time I deem it ready for use:eek:
Dolcelatte is my favourite, especially in pasta with garlic, spinach and mushrooms.
I might have that tomorrow:p!