Old Feb 6th 2021, 6:31 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Lunchtime Choices

Originally Posted by caretaker
I find this bizarre
Old Feb 6th 2021, 3:48 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I find this bizarre
Soup, a sandwich and a side salad.. crackers to go with the soup (they seem to like that here).. then dressing to go with the salad...mustard for the sandwich...

Pretty standard hospital fare.. the portions are usually tiny
Old Feb 6th 2021, 10:21 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I find this bizarre
Perhaps it needed expanding.
It is the listing itself , not the fayre that I find a little odd. 80ml of this. 2 pieces of that
Old Feb 6th 2021, 10:43 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps it needed expanding.
It is the listing itself , not the fayre that I find a little odd. 80ml of this. 2 pieces of that
2 pIeces! I must have had an admirer in the kitchen. Today was Italian meatball soup, Salisbury Steak and mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy and the vile mixed vegetables. As soon as I finished my friend arrived and we started packing up. Looking forward to something good for lunch tomorrow.
Old Feb 9th 2021, 4:18 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Great big fat bacon and egg sandwich with salsa, first thing I've cooked since getting home. It was really good.
Old Feb 9th 2021, 5:12 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Great big fat bacon and egg sandwich with salsa, first thing I've cooked since getting home. It was really good.
Yummo, and well done on the coordination you'd have needed to get that done!

It's not lunch because it's after 2am here, but I've just had a ham and pickle sandwich. On steroids at the moment and am bloody starving all the time
Old Feb 9th 2021, 6:08 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
It's not lunch because it's after 2am here, but I've just had a ham and pickle sandwich. On steroids at the moment and am bloody starving all the time
What's pickle to you?
To me it's a jar of Branston's.

In Canada it's what I'd call a gherkin, pickled.
Old Feb 13th 2021, 7:00 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I had the rest of last night's plate I couldn't finish: Flatbread, butter, brie, Roquefort salami. Then for dessert a big piece of cake.

Old Feb 14th 2021, 12:28 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you ate it all before Nutek got there. I love lemon.

I had the rest of last night's plate I couldn't finish: Flatbread, butter, brie, Roquefort salami. Then for dessert a big piece of cake.
Old Feb 19th 2021, 4:36 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Fish and chips:

Old Feb 26th 2021, 7:33 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Cuban sandwich today.
Old Feb 27th 2021, 6:16 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I treated myself to a super kaisendon at Moltan's roll and sake house. In my defence it was the first proper food I'd eaten since last Saturday.
Old Feb 27th 2021, 12:26 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Oink
I treated myself to a super kaisendon at Moltan's roll and sake house. In my defence it was the first proper food I'd eaten since last Saturday.
That sounds great! I've had the occasional bento box in Regina and eaten at a couple of big chain places in Vancouver (the one in Metrotown with the model train carrying food around wasn't bad) but the best sashimi I've ever had was at my friend's place in Vancouver about 13 years ago. They used to have sushi night every 1 or 2 weeks in better times. The lovely and gracious Daphne is a wonderful cook.
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 5:19 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I had chicken tacos, and that almost always cheers me up. The rock-hard avocado my friend shopped for me 2 weeks ago was rotten, so no guacamole, so I had salsa fresca; the next best thing.

Old Mar 3rd 2021, 6:07 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I had chicken tacos, and that almost always cheers me up. The rock-hard avocado my friend shopped for me 2 weeks ago was rotten, so no guacamole, so I had salsa fresca; the next best thing.
Looks good!

You can ripen unripe avocados in the oven (and apparently in the microwave) - I tried the oven method at Christmas and it does work! https://www.keyingredient.com/recipe...in-10-minutes/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.