Lunchtime Choices

Old Sep 15th 2020, 11:09 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lunchtime Choices

Originally Posted by Pica
Mustard. Cheese and mustard are a marriage made in heaven as long as there's butter included. sausage rolls?
+1 for the mustard; a delicate Dijon-esque, rather than the all-annihilating Colmans would seem appropriate.

Some spring onion could bring the Stilton on nicely, those pickled bastards tend to overpower things somewhat.
Old Sep 16th 2020, 6:17 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Thoughtful and helpful suggestions, so thank you. Hopefully I'll be able to share my ploughman's journey.
Old Sep 16th 2020, 6:55 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Fish and chips again.
According to HID that's death.
Old Sep 16th 2020, 7:29 am

I like a Greek salad.

Have you given up on life or is that you've finally let Jemma loose?
Old Sep 16th 2020, 3:03 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Opinions can vary, tradition as well. I like cheddar, and I like Stilton, but damn, I have to use up the brie.
"I had a ploughman's lunch the other day ... he was livid."
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...oughmans-lunch
Old Sep 16th 2020, 3:38 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

On a similar vein regarding traditions & opinions, I'd like to know which philistine was responsible for the introduction of brioche buns to the savoury world. It's now commonplace to see pubs advertising burgers served on a brioche bun as though it's something to be proud of. Whatever next... a hot dog served in between 2 slices of Battenburg?
Old Sep 16th 2020, 7:56 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Whatever next... a hot dog served in between 2 slices of Battenburg?
Just because I couldn't find it today, doesn't mean someone won't be doing it tomorrow. There are already brioche hotdog buns, pretzel buns, and a slew of others. As soon as something gains popularity on the banquet circuit the public catches wind of it on social media and the rush is on. My guess is someone started doing mini-burgers (sliders) as finger food on brioche buns and it became a thing. At least the environment won't suffer from that, as it did from the stuffed squid and calamari ring craze. Fishermen started dragging their nets over coral reefs to get all the squid they could to meet the demand, with disastrous consequences.
I only knew about stuffed brioche until a few years ago, from reading old New Yorker magazines and seeing ads for upscale restaurants with pictures of their brioche.
Old Sep 17th 2020, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
On a similar vein regarding traditions & opinions, I'd like to know which philistine was responsible for the introduction of brioche buns to the savoury world. It's now commonplace to see pubs advertising burgers served on a brioche bun as though it's something to be proud of. Whatever next... a hot dog served in between 2 slices of Battenburg?
Best burgers ever are from New York, so called tri sate area where they ask you how you want your burger to be cooked. Charcoaled on the outside and are i the middle is sublime. Or from a burger van in a lay-by in the UK
Old Sep 17th 2020, 4:01 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Best burgers ever are from New York, so called tri sate area where they ask you how you want your burger to be cooked. Charcoaled on the outside and rare in the middle is sublime. Or from a burger van in a lay-by in the UK
That reminds me of a burger stand I was taken to by a Norwegian trainee pilot from Shoreham, located in a hide-away area near Brighton, back in the 70's - you could order your burger however you wanted it - I always ordered my burgers rare or medium rare.. they were superb. That was the first time I had 1000 island dressing on a burger.. messy but quite delightful
Old Sep 17th 2020, 8:16 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Last edited by caretaker; Sep 17th 2020 at 8:22 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2020, 8:26 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Pumpernickel and butter and Cambozola and smoked salmon (and I had some dry salami earlier), also wine. Kiss me, you fool.

This covers about 3 of the major food groups, I reckon.
Old Nov 17th 2020, 7:38 am

That looks lovely.
Old Nov 17th 2020, 5:03 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

West Coast Pizza has smoked salmon on it.

Old Nov 17th 2020, 10:08 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Pumpernickel and butter and Cambozola and smoked salmon (and I had some dry salami earlier), also wine. Kiss me, you fool.

This covers about 3 of the major food groups, I reckon.
Yum that sounds sooo good. One of my favorite sandwich bars, who got to know my tastes once tried me with a corned beef, tomato, anchovy and mustard...I think that you might like it too...
Old Nov 28th 2020, 5:57 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Yesterday's hoisin glazed pork does a curtain call on a kaiser with sriracha mayo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.