Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Look we have a brand new antique tractor :(

Look we have a brand new antique tractor :(

Old Apr 7th 2010, 1:15 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look we have a brand new antique tractor :(

What are the spiky things on the front for?
Old Apr 7th 2010, 1:20 am
BE Troll

Lord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
What are the spiky things on the front for?
it's what they used to kill the animals before guns were invented
Old Apr 7th 2010, 1:31 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snoopster
It looks like it has eyes....just like the ones on 'Bob the Builder'. I think it deserves a name. Is it a boy or a girl?
How about Scrap, or Shudabescrap?
Old Apr 7th 2010, 3:43 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

as long no-one mentions "Christine" then i'll be happy with that.

"WTF" sprang to my mind instantly

As for the spiky things at the front, I would presume they are for scooping things up, earlier they were used to gouge big marks down the driveway for no apparent reason
Old Apr 7th 2010, 4:02 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Mand's I know how you feel, I really do, you just have to smile and say, I think I can see why you want it! AND then they are sooo happy

I remember uttering such words when I was taken to see something rusty in the weeds last year, it's in our garage now
Old Apr 7th 2010, 12:47 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I'd like to share with you if you have a moment of your time our latest farmyard acquisition.

Mr MMC comes home from his uncles yesterday and delighted in telling me that we have a new yard tractor.

wow says I, lets have a look goes running outside to see this.

Last time I saw something that old kids were playing on it in a farm park in the UK. How on earth are you meant to drive that thing anyway

Quote of the day was surely "ok the bucket is about 3 times too big for it but it's great hey!"

Canadian farmers really do keep everything
Nice. I wish mine was that new.

My 9n/8n hybrid, the majority of it's parts were built sometime between '39-'42.

In the first picture I'm in the middle of removing the old radiator so I can replace it. As I finished that repair and backed out of the driveway for a test, the front rim exploded.

Oh, it's for sale...

I replaced the blown rim.
Attached Thumbnails Look we have a brand new antique tractor :(-tractor.jpg   Look we have a brand new antique tractor :(-blown-rim.jpg  

Last edited by another bloody yank; Apr 7th 2010 at 12:50 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 1:37 pm
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light

Something very righteous about getting an old vehicle, fixing it up and making it earn it's keep again.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 4:36 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SirTainly
Something very righteous about getting an old vehicle, fixing it up and making it earn it's keep again.
Very true.

It's a right PITA.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

spanners is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd like to share with you if you have a moment of your time our latest farmyard acquisition.

Mr MMC comes home from his uncles yesterday and delighted in telling me that we have a new yard tractor.

wow says I, lets have a look goes running outside to see this.

Last time I saw something that old kids were playing on it in a farm park in the UK. How on earth are you meant to drive that thing anyway

Quote of the day was surely "ok the bucket is about 3 times too big for it but it's great hey!"

Canadian farmers really do keep everything
its an old nash, proper tractor!!!
Old Apr 8th 2010, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Nice. I wish mine was that new.

My 9n/8n hybrid, the majority of it's parts were built sometime between '39-'42.

In the first picture I'm in the middle of removing the old radiator so I can replace it. As I finished that repair and backed out of the driveway for a test, the front rim exploded.

Oh, it's for sale...

I replaced the blown rim.
Why was everything so small in the olden days? Or are you 12 feet tall?
Tractors now are about twice my height, that looks like an ickle toy!!
Old Apr 8th 2010, 1:49 am
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by Tuppence
Why was everything so small in the olden days? Or are you 12 feet tall?
Tractors now are about twice my height, that looks like an ickle toy!!
Some of the old steam powered threshers were huge... But I think tractors started off smaller because most farmers back then had smaller acreage. As holdings grew in size, equipment grew to keep up. The N series Fords were even kind of small for their day though, some other brands were much bigger.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 4:05 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

i'm not going to go all anorak on tractors or anything but I do have a sneaky suspicion that it may be somewhat restored

Apparently I'm making the new seat for it
Old Apr 8th 2010, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

i'm not going to go all anorak on tractors or anything but I do have a sneaky suspicion that it may be somewhat restored

Apparently I'm making the new seat for it
How about padded and pink?
Old Apr 8th 2010, 8:49 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
How about padded and pink?
NAH! Fluffy and pink
Old Apr 9th 2010, 3:05 am
Sawdust making harpy

dya dares me?!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.