Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Look we have a brand new antique tractor :(

Look we have a brand new antique tractor :(

Old Apr 6th 2010, 11:31 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Look we have a brand new antique tractor :(

I'd like to share with you if you have a moment of your time our latest farmyard acquisition.

Mr MMC comes home from his uncles yesterday and delighted in telling me that we have a new yard tractor.

wow says I, lets have a look goes running outside to see this.

Last time I saw something that old kids were playing on it in a farm park in the UK. How on earth are you meant to drive that thing anyway

Quote of the day was surely "ok the bucket is about 3 times too big for it but it's great hey!"

Canadian farmers really do keep everything
Attached Thumbnails Look we have a brand new antique tractor :(-050.jpg   Look we have a brand new antique tractor :(-057.jpg  
Old Apr 6th 2010, 11:47 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Look we have a brand new antique tractor :(

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I'd like to share with you if you have a moment of your time our latest farmyard acquisition.

Mr MMC comes home from his uncles yesterday and delighted in telling me that we have a new yard tractor.

Last time I saw something that old kids were playing on it in a farm park in the UK. How on earth are you meant to drive that thing anyway

Quote of the day was surely "ok the bucket is about 3 times too big for it but it's great hey!"

Oh you tractor tart you.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 12:02 am

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

Well, at least the dog seems to like it!
Old Apr 7th 2010, 12:03 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad to see in the 2nd photo that you have that thing on a leash.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 12:05 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope he doesn't think that this could be classed as a wedding present? If he does.........................RUN!
Old Apr 7th 2010, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely....I want one.......(the tractor)
Old Apr 7th 2010, 12:08 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I'm glad to see in the 2nd photo that you have that thing on a leash.
they look after their farm toys in alberda, wouldn't want it to run away
Old Apr 7th 2010, 12:12 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops

It looks like something from a public safety announcement aimed at kids from the 70's. Don't play with farm machinery it's dangerous - cue chilling music and cut to picture of toy on ground leaving us to imagine the gory details of some hapless child dying on one of the bucket spikes.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by Alan2005
It looks like something from a public safety announcement aimed at kids from the 70's. Don't play with farm machinery it's dangerous - cue chilling music and cut to picture of toy on ground leaving us to imagine the gory details of some hapless child dying on one of the bucket spikes.
You saw that too?
Old Apr 7th 2010, 12:24 am
BE Troll

Lord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised so many people know so much about tractors on here.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 12:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Lord Vader
I'm surprised so many people know so much about tractors on here.
We all listened to the Archers.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by fledermaus
We all listened to the Archers.
Yes, but not because I wanted to.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 12:46 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by purple80
Yes, but not because I wanted to.
I found it quite addictive after a while. I wonder how the Grundys are doing.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 12:53 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I have come not to expect anything giftwise, a 1956 (so i've now been told it is) tractor is about as romantic as these Canadian farm boys get
Old Apr 7th 2010, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

snoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud of

It looks like it has eyes....just like the ones on 'Bob the Builder'. I think it deserves a name. Is it a boy or a girl?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.